Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Question about Nia24 Sun Damage Prevention 100% Mineral Suns
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I am ready to try yet another sun screen ... Still cannot find anything suitable. Nia24 got my attention now, and I will appreciate your sharing of impressions from the use of this one.

Here is what is known about it:

-oil-free lotion, and I hear it is not greasy

-delivers 5% Pro-Niacin™ (although I do not find it in the list of ingredients) ?

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 9.45%, Zinc Oxide 3.6%

Inactive Ingredients: Cyclomethicone, Water, Octyldodecyl, Neopentanoate, Myristyl Nicotinate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Kernel Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl p-Cresol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, 1,5,5,9-Tetramethyl-13-Oxatricyclotridecane, Maltol, Pentadecalactone, Dimethiconol, Polysilicone-11, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Phenoxyethanol, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Limoene, Linalool.

Questions Nia24 Sun Damage Prevention 100% Mineral Sunscreen SPF30:

- Does it clog pores (black and white heads are a particular concern to me)

- Does it feel sticky on the face during the day? (especially on combination skin with some oil production)

- Does it dry shiny or matte?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Lots of people rave about this sunscreen, but I personally do not like it...it feels a bit greasy initially and does not dry matte enough for me.

I would try the Burnout sunscreens before this....I am currently using the Eco version.

FYI, the 5% Niacin is labled as Myristyl Nicotinate in the Nia24 ingredients.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Bethany,
Does the Burnout dry to a matte finish? And does it have a drier feeling when applied?

I have also used the NIA24 sunscreen and I can attest to the fact that it works perfectly as a sunscreen. I used it while doing the full Obagi Nuderm routine and on maintenance as well. During last summer, I did not freckle or have any of my pre-Obagi "sun spots" return -- which was a huge deal for me!

On the other hand, it does tend to be on the greasy side and didn't dry to a matte finish -- at least not for me. I also tend to have skin on the oily side as well.

ETA: I did not find the NIA24 to clog my pores or create blackheads or whiteheads.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I have this sunscreen and personally don't like it. It leaves a white cast on me (I have fair-medium, asian skin) and feels greasy, even though it says oil-free. It doesn't dry matte after a reasonable amount of time on me (10 minutes) and have not bothered to wait any longer to see if it will. It's a weird feeling on the skin, almost like silicone because even though it's liquid, it doesn't feel 'wet'. It also has a smell that while not offensive, is not pleasant to me.

The only reason I continue to use it is because I paid so much for it, it is an effective sunscreen and I do like the Pro-Niacin in it. I will not be purchasing it again.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Lots of people rave about this sunscreen, but I personally do not like it...it feels a bit greasy initially and does not dry matte enough for me.

I would try the Burnout sunscreens before this....I am currently using the Eco version.

FYI, the 5% Niacin is labled as Myristyl Nicotinate in the Nia24 ingredients.

Well, I am so confused now. Just before I posted this question I was also reading on Burnout. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36412
here on EDS many also expressed opinion that it is sticky, so I drifted away from the idea of getting it, and decided to see if Nia24 is rated here any better...

I am looking for non-greasy, non-sticky, non pore-clogging or acne causing sunscreen. I do not even care about a slight white cast (I think I don't) as long as it is not getting cake-y on my skin.

I have no doubt that all of the sunscreens on the market are true to their screen value, but each that I am trying is just so heavy and greasy and sticky... I am just tempted to wipe my face and get it off as soon as possible, especially when it is hot in the summer, but that is when it's needed the most!!!
havana8

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
ella-stella, you might like this newer thread on Burnout: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38705
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
yes, this thread got me very interested in Burnout, but then more reviews from the Internet and the eds member' reviews confirmed that people think it is sticky on the skin...
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
You can consider Osmosis Shelter sunscreen. It is a pure physical sunscreen (zinc oxide) and feels lighter and less sticky compared to Burnout or NIA24 sunscreen. It has a slight herbal (medicinal) scent though, just to warn you but the scent is less strong than that of the NIA24.

This is the link to one of the distributors:
http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Bethany,
Does the Burnout dry to a matte finish? And does it have a drier feeling when applied?

Kims, the Eco version is the least moisturizing version of the Burnout sunscreens, and did dry to a matte finish for me and stayed that way for much of the day. It did feel a little sticky initially, but I personally found that to go away when it had fully dried.

I tried the Ocean Tested (the most moisturizing version) on my arms and liked how that felt too...no stickiness at all. However I can't speak to the level of matteness on my face yet, but I'll try that tomorrow and report back for you. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
When I first tried Burnout I thought it was sticky too. I contacted them and they said something along the lines of bad batch and they switched to a different zinc oxide. They then sent me a tube and it felt completely different. At this point I've ordered the sunscreen from them several times and I've never had issues with it again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I personally didn't like the Nia 24. It left a white cast and made my makeup cake up. I also tried blue lizard and that also left a white cast. Good luck to you.
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:26 am      Reply with quote
NIA24 left a white cast on me and after a few weeks started to clog my pores.

I'm also not a fan of the strong fragrance. I find it a little annoying that they say their products are "fragrance free" when they add Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Kernel Extract which is a fragrance ingredient (a very strong one at that). It's a little misleading IMO.
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:52 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
You can consider Osmosis Shelter sunscreen. It is a pure physical sunscreen (zinc oxide) and feels lighter and less sticky compared to Burnout or NIA24 sunscreen. It has a slight herbal (medicinal) scent though, just to warn you but the scent is less strong than that of the NIA24.

M1rox, thank you for the suggestion. I am now researching Osmosis Shelter, which also sounds wonderful. Does it dry matte or shiny on the face?

And thank you everyone for sharing all you know!!!
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:10 am      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
m1rox wrote:

M1rox, thank you for the suggestion. I am now researching Osmosis Shelter, which also sounds wonderful. Does it dry matte or shiny on the face?

It's matte, minimal white cast. The main bugbear I have with this is the herbal smell (you have been warned).
havana8

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:32 am      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
m1rox wrote:

Here's the ingredient listing for Shelter:

Osmosis Shelter Sunblock Moisturizer SPF29+
Active Ingredient: Micronized Zinc 18%
Ingredients: Purified Water, Butyspermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cholesteryl Stearate (Liquid Crystal), Cetyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Palmitate, Sorbitan Olivate, Phosphatidylcholine, Catalase, Superoxide Dismutase, L-glutathione, L-sodium Hyaluronate, L-sodium PCA, L-sodium Lactate, Japanese Honeysuckle, Sorbic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Magnolia Biondii Bark Extract, Camelia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Grapefruit Extract, Propolis Extract, Xanthan Gum, Essential Oil Blend
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know from where it is the best to order the Osmosis Shelter to be delivered to CANADA?

I am so exhausted by the idea of having to pay 17-25 USD for shipment to Canada for each product...
havana8

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
Does anyone know from where it is the best to order the Osmosis Shelter to be delivered to CANADA?

I am so exhausted by the idea of having to pay 17-25 USD for shipment to Canada for each product...

You can get it at New Visage http://www.newvisage.ca/?p2=shopping/catalog.jsp%26catalog_id=54%26parent_id=23
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:22 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
ella-stella wrote:

You can get it at New Visage http://www.newvisage.ca/?p2=shopping/catalog.jsp%26catalog_id=54%26parent_id=23

Thank you, havana8. I have placed the order there for Osmosis Shelter. The shipping and the tax totaled to 10 CAD on top of 26CAD for the bottle, I can live with that Smile I am excited to get it and try asap!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |