Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Vibrating Mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the Ôscillation vibrating mascara from Lancôme after my hairdresser raved about it.

It is supposed to seperate the lashes better then other mascaras, and maybe I don't get it, and don't apply it correctly (how many ways are there to apply mascara) but I really think it is worse than the cheap Lôréal telescopic that I love
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Oy! Well I give you credit for trying it anyway! Thanks for the heads up Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Maybelline also has a vibrating mascara. I don't get it either.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:54 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Maybelline also has a vibrating mascara. I don't get it either.

I remember when those first came out and my youngest daughter and I saw a display in the drug store, they actually had a spinning one! We looked at one another and said that's just scary! No Thanks! Bad Grin Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Lancome also has a mineral makeup powder that has a vibrating applicator.

I almost bought it because there was a good points deal at the store,
but then passes as I have too much makeup.

My impression of Lancome is they really know how to be wasteful with so much excessive packaging and just too many features thesedays.

Not too sure if anyone really needs a vibrating mascara?

Then again,I never pay for mascara (get tons of those mini ones Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I don't care for anything Lancome since Loreal bought them, same formula higher price! I used to love their mascara prior to that, no more.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Good to hear it's not only me Very Happy
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I love Lancome mascaras, but I am not too impressed with the oscillating one. (OK, not fantastic results)

I have WAY better result with the Hypnose mascara in the line.

I also have the vibrating mineral powder foundation, would not repurchase again. The powder puff hardly vibrates.

I knew it was gimmicky when I bought it though, my own fault, lol! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I used to love Lancome's Mascara's lipglossdoll before the "take over" but since then I find I am so disappointed with the formulas especially considering the price I just gave up on the brand. As usual what is great for one is not at all good for another. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
What is it supposed to do (this oscillating/vibratory action?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not into gimmicky stuff which oscillating/vibrating mascara certainly is.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:48 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I don't care for anything Lancome since Loreal bought them, same formula higher price! I used to love their mascara prior to that, no more.

Lancome eye shadow really sucks.
I've never bought any but was given a few sample palettes that family got with the bonuses-and their eye shadows are so chalky and do not have a high colour...really disapointing actually.

Juicy tubes lip gloss is nice..but not really worth the $25 for a artificial lip gloss?

The only way I will buy any lancome is if there is a very good bonus points deal@shoppers drug as it is like getting your product free as you get the same amt in points.

The Lancome men's line is nice though.

I have the men's eye gel and it is nice,but not worth $45.
Lancome for a similar women's fragrance free eye gel, they charge $25 more...another reason not to buy lancome.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:51 am      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
I love Lancome mascaras, but I am not too impressed with the oscillating one. (OK, not fantastic results)

I have WAY better result with the Hypnose mascara in the line.

I also have the vibrating mineral powder foundation, would not repurchase again. The powder puff hardly vibrates.

I knew it was gimmicky when I bought it though, my own fault, lol! Laughing

Next time I go to the drugstore, I'll remember to test the foundation there...curious if it is really good Rolling Eyes
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
What is it supposed to do (this oscillating/vibratory action?

It is supposed to separate the lashes better and make the lashes longer (obviously) but the separating deal... doesn't do it for me.. I actually think it is worse than other mascaras I use
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:43 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the vibrating one, but I've tried Spinlash which I love love love! It really does the eyelashes a treat:

http://www.spinlash.com/
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:41 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I haven't tried the vibrating one, but I've tried Spinlash which I love love love! It really does the eyelashes a treat:

That's the one my daughter and I saw on a talking display, the brush section was mounted and spinning away while a recorded voice was saying "Try Me" it looked frightening actually! You are a braver woman than I Theresa! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:26 am      Reply with quote
LOL not at all. In fact I was completely afraid of it, and the sales woman demo'd it on herself and then did it on me. It looks more frightening than it is, and actually feels really good, kind of like a little eyelash massage.
DarkMoon wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:

That's the one my daughter and I saw on a talking display, the brush section was mounted and spinning away while a recorded voice was saying "Try Me" it looked frightening actually! You are a braver woman than I Theresa! Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:08 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
LOL not at all. In fact I was completely afraid of it, and the sales woman demo'd it on herself and then did it on me. It looks more frightening than it is, and actually feels really good, kind of like a little eyelash massage.

That might make a big difference having a live person demo it, the display was very off putting in the store. The lash massage doesn't sound bad at all. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
It certainly does with me.... I wouldn't dream of trying it without help for sure, but I have to admit I can't imagine doing my mascara now without it.... its addictive for sure. The only nag I have is the colour range isn't all that yet.... but I'm told they are going to expand the range.
DarkMoon wrote:
That might make a big difference having a live person demo it, the display was very off putting in the store. The lash massage doesn't sound bad at all. Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:47 am      Reply with quote
I don't get the whole mascara thing these days, every brand has about ten different types - thickening, lengthening, curling, waterproof, fake-look, conditioning, etc etc etc. Why don't they make one decent mascara that's all these things??? And the last thing we need is a mascara that wiggles away with a mind of it's own!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm not into gimmicks and that sounds like one to me.I use Korres,because it has alot of provitamn B5 and keeps my lashes soft not hard and stiff.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I suppose it does sound gimicky, but its a gimick thats cheap and I like it. It does really seem to both lengthen and colour my lashes, which is all I use mascara for anyhow, but it kind of feels like a little lash massage in a way.
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I never liked Lancome products. I found that their quality was not really good and broke me out. I don't really understand what a 'vibrating' mascara would do that would improve the result. Surprised
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Mirielle wrote:
I never liked Lancome products. I found that their quality was not really good and broke me out. I don't really understand what a 'vibrating' mascara would do that would improve the result. Surprised

I think the "idea/gimmick" is it helps separate the lashes???

The only thing Lancome made that I swore by was their mascara, but that literally was decades back! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
What's with all the really pretty coloured mascara brushes? Someone should tell the manufacturers that when you put them in the mascara, they turn black!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |