Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
I have bad skin/considering the active fx laser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had this procedure?
Is it worth the cost?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:13 am      Reply with quote
I'm not familiar with this particular laser - there are so many different ones around now, it's hard to keep up! But it sounds very similar to the Pearl Laser. I had a Pearl Laser treatment about two months ago and I'm very happy with the results. How much does the Active FX cost?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:32 am      Reply with quote
The active fx laser would cost me about 1800.
It is like a fractional co2 laser. One time treatment.
What were you trying to fix/rejuvenate?
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:03 am      Reply with quote
While I haven't had this done, my derm charges $2,200 for it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
luvskincare wrote:
The active fx laser would cost me about 1800.
It is like a fractional co2 laser. One time treatment.
What were you trying to fix/rejuvenate?

Everything!!

I paid AUD$2,000. You can read about my experience here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=38363

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Great results!

I am looking to treat pigment issues, large pores, ruddy complexion, wrinkling under my eyes.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
luvskincare wrote:
Great results!

I am looking to treat pigment issues, large pores, ruddy complexion, wrinkling under my eyes.

Doesn't she look absolutely fantastic? Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
A girl who I watch on youtube had the Pearl Laser treatment done. Actually she's on her second treatment. She was very pleased with the first treatment. She had it done for acne scars. She will be making a video about her experiences. I'll post it when she makes it. She only payed $199 for the treatment! I'm thinking about having the Pearl Laser done. I know I want to have the IPL as well.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
A girl who I watch on youtube had the Pearl Laser treatment done. Actually she's on her second treatment. She was very pleased with the first treatment. She had it done for acne scars. She will be making a video about her experiences. I'll post it when she makes it. She only payed $199 for the treatment! I'm thinking about having the Pearl Laser done. I know I want to have the IPL as well.

OMG Where did she have it done for just $199?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

I know treatments are allot less in the US - but $199!!!! That's very cheap. Where was this done?

I think you'll find that if you have the Pearl Laser you won't need an IPL. The Pearl Laser heats the dermis in a similar way to IPL.

As for any skin issues you may have - just bear in mind that there are two Pearl treatments. One is less invasive than the other (the one I had). The other treatment is called Pearl Fusion - this incorporates both the milder and Fractionated laser and is much more expensive. Your therapist will advise you on which treatment you need.

Thanks for the compliment Dark Moon - but enough already!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:46 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

I know treatments are allot less in the US - but $199!!!! That's very cheap. Where was this done?

I think you'll find that if you have the Pearl Laser you won't need an IPL. The Pearl Laser heats the dermis in a similar way to IPL.

As for any skin issues you may have - just bear in mind that there are two Pearl treatments. One is less invasive than the other (the one I had). The other treatment is called Pearl Fusion - this incorporates both the milder and Fractionated laser and is much more expensive. Your therapist will advise you on which treatment you need.

Thanks for the compliment Dark Moon - but enough already!!!

The lady said she got it done in Venice, FL She hasn't stated the actual Spa she got the laser done at.

Thank you very much for telling me there are two Pearl lasers. The lady said that the second time she had the Pearl it was more intense.

How did you go about finding someone that did the Pearl laser? I've researched it on the web and I only found one place outside my area. Then I'm wondering how do you know if the person is qualified. I guess you can ask how many treatments they have done. Smile

BTW your skin does look beautiful! I think it has a really nice glow! I remember seeing what it looked like after you just had it done. Now I just seen the finished result! Sometimes I tend to loose threads that I have replied to or I was watching lol.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:33 am      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
How did you go about finding someone that did the Pearl laser? I've researched it on the web and I only found one place outside my area. Then I'm wondering how do you know if the person is qualified. I guess you can ask how many treatments they have done. Smile

I actually found the clinic by reading a cosmetic surgery magazine - that's not a bad place to start. I was lucky actually because the woman that did my treatment happens to be the head trainer for Pearl Laser in Australia - so she really knew her stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:41 am      Reply with quote
I should mention that my clinician said it's very important for a good result to have prepped your skin really well. Basically, prepping means using an acid product on the skin for as long as possible before hand. In the past, I've used Glycolic Acid and am currently using Retin-A. I've also done Lactic Acid and TCA peels - so this probably helped with my treatment result.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I should mention that my clinician said it's very important for a good result to have prepped your skin really well. Basically, prepping means using an acid product on the skin for as long as possible before hand. In the past, I've used Glycolic Acid and am currently using Retin-A. I've also done Lactic Acid and TCA peels - so this probably helped with my treatment result.

Thanks for the suggestion about the magazine I'm going to look for one.

It's funny you mention peels because I was trying to figure out if I would be safe to use one. Actually I've never used AHA's. I don't have rosacea per say but my skin is very dry, sensitive, with redness (from broken capillaries).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:38 am      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
It's funny you mention peels because I was trying to figure out if I would be safe to use one. Actually I've never used AHA's. I don't have rosacea per say but my skin is very dry, sensitive, with redness (from broken capillaries).

I happen to believe that exfoliation is good for the skin - it's certainly never done me any harm. But my skin is not particularly sensitive. I did used to have very bad broken caps and have had several IPL treatments which has helped. They do tend to come back though. However, because of all the exfoliation, I think my skin has become much thicker and, therefore, the broken caps aren't as noticeable. The Pearl Laser should also help with them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

I happen to believe that exfoliation is good for the skin - it's certainly never done me any harm. But my skin is not particularly sensitive. I did used to have very bad broken caps and have had several IPL treatments which has helped. They do tend to come back though. However, because of all the exfoliation, I think my skin has become much thicker and, therefore, the broken caps aren't as noticeable. The Pearl Laser should also help with them.

So your telling me IPL isn't a permanent solution, you have to keep receiving treatments? That sucks! Smile I've also heard an electric needle can help zap broken capillaries. You stated if I have the Pearl I may not need the IPL which is good.

Are these the TCA peels your taking about?

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/products/8_TCA_Kits-98-22.html

Sorry for all the questions but what product did you use that contains Lactic Acid? I've read that Lactic Acid can be more gentle than the other acids. This product has Lactic Acid in it but it's down on the ingredient list.

http://www.dermstore.com/product_Gentle+Cream+Exfoliant_498.htm

Thanks Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I've bought all my peels from MakeupArtistsChoice. The Lactic Acid Peels are here:

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/catalog/Lactic_Acids-21-1.html

The peels are very easy to do as long as you follow the instructions thoroughly. I would try the Lactic Acid before the TCA. But if you are new to peels, you might like to start off with something like NCN's Pumkin Peel.

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/exfoliate/view-all-products.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Yes, I've bought all my peels from MakeupArtistsChoice. The Lactic Acid Peels are here:

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/catalog/Lactic_Acids-21-1.html

The peels are very easy to do as long as you follow the instructions thoroughly. I would try the Lactic Acid before the TCA. But if you are new to peels, you might like to start off with something like NCN's Pumkin Peel.

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/exfoliate/view-all-products.html

Thank you for the reply. I'll look into the NCN pumpkin peel! Very Happy
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
The pumpkin peel is nice.

I think I am going to try the active fx laser this fall but again I am nervous. Not sure if I will get a positive result or make things worse.
Think Cameron Diaz skin and that is mostly how you could describe my skin.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
luvskincare wrote:
The pumpkin peel is nice.

I think I am going to try the active fx laser this fall but again I am nervous. Not sure if I will get a positive result or make things worse.
Think Cameron Diaz skin and that is mostly how you could describe my skin.

It's a scary thing because you just don't know the end result. I'm trying to research laser treatments as much as I can. What I'm reading is the lasers can be really hit or miss. For example I was reading some people's results on the Pearl laser. Some said it was great than others a waste of money.

Here is a website where you can post questions and pictures. There is a team of doctors that answer your question. Maybe they can help you!

http://www.realself.com/
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Yes it really is a hit or miss.
My mom has great poreless skin and has had the co2 laser with no problems.
I just dont know if my type of skin would have a bad reaction.
Any dr. selling it will tell you that you do but they have to sell these expensive machines!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:46 am      Reply with quote
luvskincare wrote:
Any dr. selling it will tell you that you do but they have to sell these expensive machines!

You have to have a good talk with the clinician about achievable results. I also think it's important not to have unreasonable expectations.

My skin looks fresher - but my laser treatment did not make me look ten years younger or give me flawless skin. And, of course, you might need more than one treatment. However, seeing your mother has had a good result, that should make you more confident.

Realself.com is totally frightening. I've done allot of research on that site and 99% of the reviews are negative - with some being down right horrifying. I think, in general, people like to complain rather than give positive feedback.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
luvskincare wrote:

You have to have a good talk with the clinician about achievable results. I also think it's important not to have unreasonable expectations.

My skin looks fresher - but my laser treatment did not make me look ten years younger or give me flawless skin. And, of course, you might need more than one treatment. However, seeing your mother has had a good result, that should make you more confident.

Realself.com is totally frightening. I've done allot of research on that site and 99% of the reviews are negative - with some being down right horrifying. I think, in general, people like to complain rather than give positive feedback.

When browsing through realself I found some positive and negative reviews. Then I starting reading reviews on the Pearl Laser and yes some of the comments are scary. Then I read other scary laser reviews.

I think your right though you can't expect perfection. It's kind of like my freaking dark circles. I don't expect a product to totally diminish them but an improvement would be wonderful!
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hey luvskincare...have you seen Holly Hodder's blog on active fx?? I had the procedure almost 3 years ago and detailed my experience on that blog along with a whole lot of other people!!( I was Southern Belle)

I am thinking about doing again...but doing Total FX this time. I had great results, but it is quite the experience! It has taken 3 years for me to be willing to go through the two weeks of downtime and healing...not for the faint of heart...again I'll let the blog speak for itself!

Good luck and let us know your results if you decide to do it!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:31 am      Reply with quote
loribar wrote:
Hey luvskincare...have you seen Holly Hodder's blog on active fx?? I had the procedure almost 3 years ago and detailed my experience on that blog along with a whole lot of other people!!( I was Southern Belle)

I am thinking about doing again...but doing Total FX this time. I had great results, but it is quite the experience! It has taken 3 years for me to be willing to go through the two weeks of downtime and healing...not for the faint of heart...again I'll let the blog speak for itself!

Can you give us a link to the blog?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |