Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

castor oil for longer thicker and dark lashes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sasha23

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:51 am      Reply with quote
i've heard alot of people saying that castor oil is just as good as any eyelash growth serum. do guys think it's true? or does anyone agree?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Not for longer or darker for me, just better conditioned, stronger and less likely to fall out.
The only thing that made mine longer and darker (and a bit thicker) was the careprost.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Castor oil has helped my lashes. I never wear mascara but my lashes look thick and dark. One product I have just started to use is Isomers Stem genesis eyelash enhancer and it hasn't bothered my eyes. I use it during the day on the days I don't use Castor oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:03 am      Reply with quote
I love castor oil for my lashes. They do seem to be a bit fuller but not longer and it does not make them darker.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Since I had lasik surgery, I haven't used any lash growth product. Instead, I've gone back to castor oil and silk amino acids in my mascara. I have to say my lashes look so much better than they did when I was trying out various and sundry lash products and I think from here on out, I'm going to stick to CO and SAA.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Skippie, how do you apply the castor oil to your lashes?
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Makes my lashes longer and healtier Smile - not darker - I love it.
I apply it in the evening with a qTip at the root of my lashes . However I orderd now Noch's serum - I just want to try something new Smile
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Skippie, how do you apply the castor oil to your lashes?

Riley,

I apply just like talyta - with a Q-tip along the base of my lashes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you. I have castor oil and thought I would give it a shot. I was thinking of trying it like mascara, but was not sure if that would make my eyes all cloudy. I'll try the Q-tip at the base first.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I was thinking of trying it like mascara, but was not sure if that would make my eyes all cloudy.

I use it like mascara. I put castor oil in empty mascara containers that I purchased at garden of wisdom. As long as I dont apply too much it doesn't get in my eyes.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, GirlieGirl. I tried it with a Q-tip at the base, but wondered who it is supposed to help the lashes by just using it at the base. It doesn't appear to spread, unless I just didn't notice it. I will need to get some mascara brushes and try it that way.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
this seems like an inexpensive way to try to improve lash condition...i'm using PSF lash grower now but maybe i should add castor oil, too? IS it ok to use both?
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've noticed that almost any oil works to condition lashes. I use argan oil around my eyes at night and it makes my lashes seem darker and fuller. It's easier than trying to brush the oil onto my lashes too. I just close my eyes and they're basically resting on top of and absorbing the oil all night.

The best combination I've found is to take hair growth supplements (MSM, biotin and silicon), moisturize lashes with cold-pressed plant oils, and use a lash growth serum like RevitaLash.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I use castor oil all over and under my eyes before I go to bed because it has some kind of anti inflammatory agents in it. It helps with my eye bags in the morning to not look so puffy lol! If my eyes still look puffy when I wake up, I apply a small amount to the puffiness, wait a few minutes, and it's gone!

Also I don't have any problems with it hurting my eyes or making my vision blurry, and I have very sensitive eyes. Love this stuff!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |