Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

No more Aromaleigh MMU - what now??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad As I'm sure many of you have heard, Aromaleigh is closing up shop. I've been using their mineral makeup since I was 23, back when I was still battling cystic acne. It took me a long time to find my perfect shade, in addition to a shade that I could use as a concealer for my melasma. I've never used another MMU brand, so I am completely lost as to what to try now. Aromaleigh is having a "farewell sale", so I just placed an order to stock up, and that should hold me for a couple of months. But after that, I'm not sure where to go.
For those of you who use MMU, what brand do you use, what can you recommend? Is there anything out there that is similar to Aromaleigh?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Aromaleigh is the brand I have used for years and years. I am so disappointed to lose the company and the brand! Sad
I have also had great results with Raesin Images. It is also Bismuth Oxychloride Free. Major warning the web site is atrocious, seriously one of the hardest sites to navigate I have ever dealt with.

http://www.raesinimages.com/mineral_makeup.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I have never used Aromaleigh, so I don't know how these compare, but I use both Alima Pure and Everyday Minerals and like them both. Everyday Minerals have great sample kits, so you can try different shades and formulations to see which one suits you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I have also had great results with Raesin Images. It is also Bismuth Oxychloride Free. Major warning the web site is atrocious, seriously one of the hardest sites to navigate I have ever dealt with.

http://www.raesinimages.com/mineral_makeup.htm

Ditto on both the great product AND the horrid website! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the recommendations. I checked out the Raesin website. DM and Bethany, you are so right, the website is wretched! That would normally deter me a bit from wanting to try the product, but since you both give it a thumbs up, I'll give them a shot. Smile
I wonder how the colors/shades match up to Aromaleigh? A 50/50 mix of yellow and linen was perfect on me. I see that Raesin carries both of those shades also, and one that's apparently a sort of custom shade called Aminah that looks like it might be a good match. I'll try a few samples of those and go from there.
Did you ladies have any problems with finding the right shade?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:40 am      Reply with quote
The only mineral makeup that I found not to irritate my skin and look natural on me is by Silk Naturals ( they also have incredible customer service).

Part of it is that you mix your own until you get the shade right - and since I have a very hard time finding the correct color for me (very very light with pink undertones and light freckles) it worked out beautifully.

I also LOVE their eye shadows.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Nymue wrote:
Thanks for the recommendations. I checked out the Raesin website. DM and Bethany, you are so right, the website is wretched! That would normally deter me a bit from wanting to try the product, but since you both give it a thumbs up, I'll give them a shot. Smile
I wonder how the colors/shades match up to Aromaleigh? A 50/50 mix of yellow and linen was perfect on me. I see that Raesin carries both of those shades also, and one that's apparently a sort of custom shade called Aminah that looks like it might be a good match. I'll try a few samples of those and go from there.

I had no problem finding a shade that's perfect and I didn't buy samples Shock which is amazing. I land between light and medium and also have both red and yellow undertones? I am an odd ball! Very Happy I normally have to buy both light and medium and mix both colors with other foundations but not this brand and sadly not Aromaleigh. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Nymue wrote:

I am fair (but not VERY fair), with yellow undertones...I use the Warm Level 2. (they will make 50/50 or other custom versions for you for free)

Warm and Aminah seem to be similar...I just purchased a MMU pressed powder that was labled Aminah, but was recommended for W2 buyers (even more confusion, lol).

The Linen didn't work for me, nor did the Neutral.

Here are a couple of links, since things are soooo very hard to find:

Here is a color chart:
http://www.raesinimages.com/mineral-foundation-makeup.htm

And this is a description of the color families:
http://www.raisingimages.com/colorselectionchart.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've happily used bare minerals foundation for several years (I think my color is Fairly Light), but lately have found that it emphasizes the fine lines that are appearing on my forehead (drat it!) I had seen an EDS recommendation of Aromaleigh foundation for that very reason, but now they're closing before I could try it. Sad Can anyone tell me whether any of the MMU recommended in this thread so far is okay with fine lines?

ETA: Whoa! That Raesin Images site is truly awful!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Tessera, there are several versions of the Raesin Images MMUs...the one I used is/was called Transform, and it does slightly emphasize fine lines around my eyes.

So I use the Smashbox Halo around my eyes, which is much higher in moisture. But it slid off the rest of my face in a matter of minutes. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I've always believed that wearing the wrong shade of foundation for your skin type/color is far worse than wearing none at all.

That said, Aromaleigh was the best around for finding the exact shade needed - I am a 2PL - try finding that anywhere else!

I don't know why they are closing shop, just went to read their site, but I am not surprised. I always noticed a lot of what seemed to me as unnecessary drama associated with the way they ran that business and dealt with customers.

I have stocked up on my favorite Aromaleigh makeup (Glissade), but have now gone to look at Raesin Images site - what a mess! ouch! it hurts my eyes!

I wonder if I'll be able to find a match. My only other back up is Jane Iredale, but it's so pricey.

BF
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Sigh ditto about the colour match. My match is 1W in Glissade. Does anybody know of another company that makes a silicone based MMU apart from the commercial brands (eg BE, Jane Iredale)?
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
You ladies should try Merle Norman! I really think it's pretty good. It's so light and you can load it on without having it look cakey! But the problem is...limited shades Sad
higram

Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hello - This is my first visit and post here. I hope it goes through. I just typed a rather lengthy reply recommending Meow Mineral Make-up as an alternative to Aromaleigh and then lost connection. I have seen many new posters on their forum who were previous AL customers. This post will be shorter as I may have a connection problem here. If this goes through okay, or if anyone has any questions I might be able to answer, I'll try again. Meow is my current favorite for foundation, blush and bronzer, etc. hth...
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:31 am      Reply with quote
I really like Abbey St Clare.
Their mineral makeup matches my skin tone exactly!

That never happens for me.

My skin tone is a medium beige with a light tan, kind of "olive tone skin" I guess.

My shade in Abbey St Clare is 4.0
and in bare minerals I am medium beige.

Customer service is also really good there Smile
havana8

Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:24 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Sigh ditto about the colour match. My match is 1W in Glissade. Does anybody know of another company that makes a silicone based MMU apart from the commercial brands (eg BE, Jane Iredale)?

I've not tried this but it looks as if it might be one. Here is the ingredient listing:

Zuzu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation
Ingredients: Mica, Zinc Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalane, Lecithin, Dimethicone, Silica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Grapeseed Extract
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I've used NCN's MMU - loose powdered formulation and It's nice.
Highlights:

Mica Free
Talc Free
Bismuth Free
Paraben Free
Non-micronized & Nano Particle Free
Titanium Dioxide Free
Lead Free
No artificial colors or preservatives
No chemicals
No animal testing (as with ALL NCN products)
Dermatologist recommended!
Mineral foundation takes years off your face, due to its light-diffusing qualities, fine lines are softened and minimized, and it doesn't settle into pores and lines
Low risk for allergy sufferers
Resistant to bacteria; requires no preservatives
Very anti-inflammatory; skin care professionals use Mineral Makeup after skin care treatments when skin is most sensitive.
Water resistant
Helps to cover blemishes, scars, sun damage, rosacea, acne and discolorations. Also helps prevent acne breakouts!
Great adhesion and sweat resistant
Very lightweight and natural looking
Will not clog pores
Not tested on animals
Safe to sleep in

Ingredients:

Zinc oxides, Bron Nitride, Pure Silk, Organic Rice Powder, Kaolin and Iron Oxides.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Mineral Basics for several years. The price is fantastic, Chandi, the owner is also fantastic.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
I second Silk Naturals. Mixing your own MMU isn't actually that hard.

For those who don't want to mix their own, I recommend Adorned With Grace minerals, Lucy Minerals, and Lumiere Minerals. There are a LOT of MMU companies out there besides BE.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:55 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
m1rox wrote:

I've not tried this but it looks as if it might be one. Here is the ingredient listing:

Zuzu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation
Ingredients: Mica, Zinc Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalane, Lecithin, Dimethicone, Silica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Grapeseed Extract

havana8

Can i ask where you got the Zuzu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation? I just googled, and the website i got to indicated different ingredients. *Confused*

http://www.gabrielcosmeticsinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=45&ParentCat=21

ZuZu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation

Mica, Cetyl Palmitate, Octyl Palmitate, Silica, Kaolin, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract*, Zinc Stearate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lecithin, Crithmum Maritimum (Sea Fennel) Extract*, Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

I am also looking for a silicone based loose mmu. Crying or Very sad
Di
5% products discount

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I love Suncat Natural Mineral Makeup. Check it out. Smile
havana8

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
circus wrote:
havana8

Can i ask where you got the Zuzu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation? I just googled, and the website i got to indicated different ingredients. *Confused*

http://www.gabrielcosmeticsinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display%26Product_ID=45%26ParentCat=21

ZuZu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation

Mica, Cetyl Palmitate, Octyl Palmitate, Silica, Kaolin, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract*, Zinc Stearate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lecithin, Crithmum Maritimum (Sea Fennel) Extract*, Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

I am also looking for a silicone based loose mmu. Crying or Very sad

Sorry, circus! I should have included the link: http://www.natureofbeauty.com/xcart/zuzu-luxe-dual-powder-foundation.html

Here are a few others:

Raw Minerals Active Mineral Foundation:
Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Hydrated Silica, Dimethicone, Ribose, Glycine Soja (soybean) Germ Extract
May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides
http://www.rawnaturalbeauty.com/index.cfm?action=shop.viewproduct&26product_category_id=19&26product_id=313

LA Minerals
http://laminerals.com/mineral-makeup-foundation.html

Arbonne About Face Mineral Powder
Key Ingredients: Mica, titanium dioxide and dimethicone
http://www.arbonne.com/products/about_face/face/minPowder.asp
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Nymue--- I've been using both Alima and Lumiere for years now. Both of them have a very extensive color selection so I'm sure you'll be able to find a match. One nice thing about Lumiere is that they also offer color-free MMU so you can use it to lighten up a shade if you find one that's a good match but just a hair too dark.

In other news, I've also been using this AWESOME MMU called "Healthy Wear" by Physician's Formula. It's cheap, comes in an adorable orange compact with a pink sponge, and is a whopping SPF 50, hooray!!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |