Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
EGF serums
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - Has anyone found a really good EGF serum that works (stimulates collagen, plumps face etc) OR found a good recipe to make
one that does the same thing. The only place
I've found where you can purchase EGF as an active is Skinactives. Their EGF has not rally done anything for my face. Any assistance is
greatly appreciated! thx DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have posted on a couple of threads about using EGF that Carole Maggio has. It is a serum and I bought it when she ran the special. I have experienced major pore reduction as well as extreme smoothness and silky looking skin. I normally don't get excited about creams and serums because I haven't seen much difference when using them but this was different. I did try skincatives EGF two years ago but saw no difference. I was so impressed with Carole's EGF that I reordered even though it wasn't on sale....that is saying a lot for me to do. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Toby what made you try EGF?

I mean those things you mention usually I've only ever seen attributable by Retin A having studies saying it does those things and there aren't really a lot of studies out there on EGF, not EGF but got to say I've read your messages and am seriously tempted. The only thing that puts me off slightly is hte price as money is tight, how long does a bottle last and how often do you use it?

Theresa
Toby wrote:
I have posted on a couple of threads about using EGF that Carole Maggio has. It is a serum and I bought it when she ran the special. I have experienced major pore reduction as well as extreme smoothness and silky looking skin. I normally don't get excited about creams and serums because I haven't seen much difference when using them but this was different. I did try skincatives EGF two years ago but saw no difference. I was so impressed with Carole's EGF that I reordered even though it wasn't on sale....that is saying a lot for me to do. Laughing
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Toby - thx for the reply - I'll take a look
at CM's EGF serum and double check their return
policy in case there is no change once I begin
using it. Hopefully it will work! DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Toby what made you try EGF?

I mean those things you mention usually I've only ever seen attributable by Retin A having studies saying it does those things and there aren't really a lot of studies out there on EGF, not EGF but got to say I've read your messages and am seriously tempted. The only thing that puts me off slightly is hte price as money is tight, how long does a bottle last and how often do you use it?

Theresa
Toby wrote:

TheresaMary,
I have used retin-a for years and have never seen any difference but keep on using it because of the studies saying it works. If I had to pay a lot for it I would probably not keep using it though. With Carole's EGF I used it day and night for several months and at the end of six weeks I noticed my skin looking so different. At first I was dumb founded not certain why my skin was looking so good and then I remembered that I had been using Carole's stuff. When I reordered I spoke to her about it and she said that I could really just use it in the morning and my retin-a or (some of you use retinol) at night....this will make it last much longer. Also she said it could be used just on areas needing improvement. My first usage was all over my face and twice a day. Now I am going to be more selective....you still need a mositurizer after you apply the serum. The night moisturizer I am using is the CeraVe(very cheap) http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=233353&catid=151&brand=49240&trx=PLST-0-BRAND&trxp1=151&trxp2=233353&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-BRAND
During the day I use envision beauty moisturizer on top of the serum.
The reason I choose the EGF is because there was a buzz about it several years ago and a lot of us tried it from skinactives. Even though I didn't notice a change with it I was still noticing that different companies were using it in their antiaging creams so I figured it was worth paying attention to. I generally prefer a serum if I am hoping to see results because of the concentration being higher. Both day and night moisturizer I have been using for some time and although they are good the change appeared after starting the EGF.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Yep me too re Retin A. Have you always had good skin though?

Reason I ask you re EGF is that there are so many new things out there, I just wondered how you chose that one in particular. I mean even when I come to EDS I read things about beta glucens etc and I think I want to get that. I did try the SAS one and it did nothing for me, so was really interested in your comments as I didn't feel any difference (or see any). Are you using other CM's products - if so which ones?

Theresa
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Yep me too re Retin A. Have you always had good skin though?

Reason I ask you re EGF is that there are so many new things out there, I just wondered how you chose that one in particular. I mean even when I come to EDS I read things about beta glucens etc and I think I want to get that. I did try the SAS one and it did nothing for me, so was really interested in your comments as I didn't feel any difference (or see any). Are you using other CM's products - if so which ones?

Theresa

I use the facial mitts and the No lipo mitts but the EGF is the only actual skincare I have tried. I think I may have tried the EGF because Carole recommended it to me when I called to order the facial mitts. My skin has been good for the most part except breakouts in my teens.I never worried about having a problem with my pores or my skin needing to be smoother....that maybe why I was so shocked in seeing a big change...I didn't think I had issues until I saw the difference.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Rhonda Allison Growth Factor Serum is one that I have tried - several years ago went through several bottles, as my esthetician suggested it because of monthly professional micro-dermabrasion treatments. I recall being quite happy with it, even loaned it to a friend who had a strange rash on her face it cleared up overnight.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Rhonda Allison's EGF's are AMAZING!! Well, all her products are amazing... I use the Elite EGF Moisturizer and the Growth Factor Serum as well.
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I second the Rhonda Allison rec. I can't remember which version I was using, she has several versions now, but I really liked it. I just like Skinmedica TNS a bit more, that's why the switch. But the RA comes in a close second.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I have the PSF night cream with EGF, but it is just okay and I won't reorder.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I love trying new things but EGF scares me a little bit. Has anyone done any online research to see if it's BAD for the skin. I found information doing a search online saying that EGF causes cell growth and will make cancer cells grow! You can google EGF and Cancer and see for yourself. I will almost do anything for beautiful skin but want to know more about EGF. Does anyone really know exactly what it is? Or what's up with cancer growing with EGF? Ugh! Confused
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Two brands I've looked in to re: egf are Seattle Skincare & Perfective Ceuticals.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
Two brands I've looked in to re: egf are Seattle Skincare & Perfective Ceuticals.

gretchen,

Any special reason those 2 brands seem good to you? Toby recommended the CM brand a while ago but I lost where the post was then couldn't recall what it was I was interested in! Laughing@ME

TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
No paticular reason Seattle Skincare does seem to a very affordable line of serums with high %s of active ingredients. Perfective Ceuticals is nicely packaged, high end type skin care. This is actually from my research notebook. I surf a lot & keep a list of brands, items, etc.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
No paticular reason Seattle Skincare does seem to a very affordable line of serums with high %s of active ingredients. Perfective Ceuticals is nicely packaged, high end type skin care. This is actually from my research notebook. I surf a lot & keep a list of brands, items, etc.

Thanks for your reply! I normally copy things to notes myself, that's why I laughed at myself for not copying down Toby's recommendation. Smile I will this time and look into all of the options.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:39 am      Reply with quote
My mom was in Iceland this summer and brought me a serum produced in Iceland. The bottle say´s Bioeffect EGF Serum produced by Sif Cosmetics. I must admit that this is the first time I use a cosmetics product that actually works, I mean my skin is amazing, why is this not sold here in the US?? After my extensive research I found out that Sif Cosmetics is the only company producing their EGF in Barley while others have a more frightening approach to their production of EGF.
kjenson

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:15 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the advice. i was actually googling the review of rhonda allison growth factor serum and it diverted me into this forum. also i would like to share my experience with egf products. i have been using egf products for quite some time now. some were good, some not so good. i have tried revive, perfective ceuticals and dhc. revive was good but extremely expensive. perfective ceuticals was also good, less expensive, but only had three products. dhc had no results at all (weird). as far as i know, topical egf does not cause cancer. only the egf that the body produces may cause cancer. my advice: egf products are effective but the brands need to lower the price in order to make them affordable for everyday use. also if you're using any egf or tgf products, do not mix with other products that contain strong active ingredients at the beginning. important: check the smell first. some egf products have funny smell (really like sweat socks)!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Revive skin care uses it in their skin care line. I still think they have the best skin care line. I am 56 and NEVER had anyone compliment me on my skin until I started to use his line 3 yrs ago. I get at least one compliment a week on my skin. His products can bring back that young dewey look.But damn its expensive so I buy on ebay
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
But damn its expensive so I buy on ebay

Hi Lucyluc ... I have seen people post about buying the items cheaper on ebay really often. I've always been curious. How do you know for sure that you're actually getting the product? Is it a little like a leap of faith, or is there a way you can confirm?

TIA Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
you buy from strong sellers with lots of positive feedback.I have been using Revive for 3 yrs,I could tell a fake. I buy a lot of samples from people who have access to them. The packaging of the containers is not that easy to fake.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks !
I shop on line a lot, but am always nervous about ebay ... It is probably just as well - I spend enough as it is !!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Do you know what my biggest problem is when I buy skin care products only from ebay??? The damn postal system! Many times I have not had the product delivered....the seller says it was delivered.....then I get the product a month later because it gets sent to the wrong house and fortunately finds its way back to me...with "sent to wrong address" scribbled on it. You may want to pay a little extra and have insurance or pick it up at the PO. Its a real pain when the mailman delivers to the wrong address.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
My husband had something experiences. He has purchased items from ebay vendors for his 'baby' (Harley Davidson motorcycle) and they have never arrived. Thankfully the vendor was very reputable. He said that he has had numerous problems when the item goes through Customs. When they know it is something for a motorcycle, the purchaser often doesn't receive it. He started describing them a little differently and packaging them so they didn't give away what they were. My DH got the item the 2nd time he sent it, but never did get the 1st shipment.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
In general, how much discount you will get on ebay?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |