Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

vaginal estrogen cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - As I am post menopausal and my insurance company will not refill my vaginal estrace cream, I am looking for a substitute.
Does anyone know of a substitute either over the counter or an internet company that sells
an estrogen cream to be taken vaginally for
"dry" reasons. If so, please send me the info
and that would be greatly appreciated!! thx DiPhx

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Inhousepharmacy.com currently has in stock Ovestin Cream - I've purchased it before & was happy with it. I've also purchased estrace from alldaychemist but it appears that they are out of it at this time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much malgocious - will try both
places and talk to the experts!! DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I buy everything from inhousepharmacy.com,as I don't get the spam overkill from them as I do from allday. I have bought the ovestin and it was reasonable. I also get my careprost from them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Annie as well - does ovestin require a prescription??

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Di - A prescription was not required at the time I purchased it from Inhouse...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I have never had a prescription from anything there, that's why I love them, but w/o the spam.
It seems allday's spammers think my hubby has a huge disfunction problem from the amount of ------------------ emails we get! I told him not to take it personally. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both so much! we'll start with
alldaypharmacy and take it from there!
Was hoping there would be a way around this insurance stuff! DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
I cannot figure out your insurance company won't cover a valid prescription?

I swear those companies are the most evil........

BF
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi barefootgirl - Yes, some things they don't think are necessary; however, it's good to finad an alternative as it's going to get worse
as time goes along. Am hoping the vaginal estrace goes generic someday. In teh meantime had been using estriol suppositories which don't
need an RX. they're okay but I think a cream will be much better. thx DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
hi,i'm not post menopausal, haven't yet hit menopause. Can i use this cream, too? I'm dry as well. been my problem for many years.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Natalyn - The best thing to do is talk with your physician or pharmacist. The ovestin cream has the weakest form of estrogen (estriol). My OB/GYN told me the estriol supposotories would be fine in place of vaginal estrace. They were okay but didn't keep me as lubricated as the estrace cream which is why
I am now trying the estriol cream instead
(ovestin). AS I don't have a uterus anymore,
you should talk with someone about the
estrogen/progesterin combination. Good luck!
DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Great website because you don't need an Rx. It will save me money instead of having to see my doc and spend $100 to basically get a refill.

Has anyone tried the Intrinsa testosterone patch? I need something to rev up my sex drive on certain occasions. My gyno said my levels were low so I know I need it. I thought there was also a vaginal cream which would probably be cheaper than the patches which are rather expensive.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Softskin - why don't you call a pharmacist and talk to them about the horomones you're looking for. I think the InHousePharmacy site also sells some of those creams as well.
DiPhx

Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Please check out the most recent and definitive scientific research on the use of oestrogen!

I took the pills for years, but last year all doctors in my country stopped prescribing both the pills and the cream for long term use, since it's now established that it definitely increases the risk of cancer. The research was done in the UK and was widely reported in medical journals, it was a huge project involving years of study and a very large amount of statistical evidence.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Betsie - Yes, was very concerned about taking the vaginal estrogen cream but it
stays localized and does not enter the entire body. The amount that I use 2X a week is very small. In addition, the ovestin cream has
the type of estrogen that is safer (there are 3
types of estrogen). At this point am more
happy with the ovestin cream vs the estriol suppositories. InHouse Pharmacy is wonderful!!
They were very prompt with the shipping and
the pricing is reasonable. Sometimes they just continue to be out of the more popular items.
Thx for the heads up but I experienced more
problems by not using a vaginal cream vs
using a vaginal estrogen cream. DiPhx

Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
I know what you mean, DiPhyx, I was very upset when my doctor took me off the estrogen pills and I would have preferred to take the risks involved, since I'd been on them already for 15 years. I had a lousy 6 months afterwards with hot flashes and night sweats, but that's over now, thank heaven, and I fortunately have no problems with vaginal dryness or reduced libido.

I'm glad you managed to solve the problem and have your cream now.
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Betsie

Please can you supply me with a link to the study that was done in the UK. The WHI study of 2002 was done on Prempro and not on HRT in general and many women were scared away from taking HRT as a result of a misinterpretation of the results.

Thanks.

Hippo Image
Betsie

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hippo, I give up: I've typed 3 replies to your post, all of which were rejected, first because of links, then because of other reasons I cannot fathom.

I have no idea what I've done wrong: I just told you in a round about way how to find the UK study on HRT and the big C. Perhaps we aren't allowed to use polite medical terms for parts of our anatomy, or to name studies and publications, or diseases. The mind boggles!

I did not misinterpret this study and discussed it with my doctor, who called me in to see him when he got the recommendation on HRT from the national medical council.

This study, published in 2003 in the UK's most distinguished medical journal, was the biggest ever and involved HRT and one million women over a 5 year period and is considered definitive by European medical authorities.

HRT treatment is now highly restricted and the C-rates for older women in the UK have dropped considerably as a consquence.

I doubt whether I'll be using this forum much in future, since it's been so tiresome trying to get a reply out to you. But I persevered because it would have seemed impolite not to reply. Crying or Very sad
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think the posting problem is because you are a new member and need to have posted a certain number of posts before you can post links. Not to worry, will hunt down the links myself. Thanks so much for trying.

Are you a member of the menopausematters.co.uk forum? A great bunch of girls on that forum too.

Again, thanks.

x
havana8

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Betsie, If you are able to PM me the links, I can re-post them for you if you like. Smile

Edited to add: perhaps this is the link--
Breast cancer and hormone-replacement therapy: the Million Women Study
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(03)14590-4/fulltext
Betsie

Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Hippo and Havana. I'm afraid I'm not allowed to sent private messages either because of my newbie status! Crying or Very sad

Well done, Havana, that's the study I was referring to! I wanted to send a link to Hippo from the UK cancer research organisation with a summary of the findings of that study and also with an article about the B-cancer rates having dropped significantly since HRT was restricted to the short term only. I was taking HRT for osteoporosis, but even that is no longer a justification for continuing HRT. I was pretty gutted when I had to stop, but it was clearly the right thing to do.

Strange that you can use the B-word in your post but I can't. I wasn't allowed to use the U-word either for that organ where babies live before they are born and had to rewrite my post 4 times, employing a great deal of circumlocution and ommissions before it was allowed through. Very Happy
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks h8 for this link.

The MWS study was done on combined HRT - equine oestrogen plus medroxyprogesterone acetate and according to Mark Garton, the author of the article I read, "Media medics urged calm by emphasising absolute rather than relative risk, but for many women the damage was done. Unfortunately, this study could have overestimated the risk of breast cancer associated with HRT." - italics mine.

To sweepingly make generalised statements about the effects of taking HRT (Betsie: "... since it's now established that it definitely increases the risk of cancer ...") is frivolous and dangerous.

Thank goodness for common sense and Google!

PS. Mark Garton went on to say: "Perimenopausal women are often concerned about the risk of breast cancer attributable to HRT, and want accurate information on the risks and benefits. These data will only come from properly undertaken long-term randomised trials, which seem unlikely after the premature termination of the WHI study. There is a danger that family doctors will limit individual HRT prescriptions to 5 years, on the strength of unreliable evidence, and women will increasingly be deprived of an effective remedy for unpleasant climacteric symptoms and osteoporosis."
Betsie

Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I am not going to nitpick about the details of this study, Hippo, but I can assure you that I did not post frivolously and that I discussed my concerns with both my family doctor and a leading consultant at a university hospital, both of whom are more qualified than I am to evaluate this study and its findings, which cannot be denied.

Anyone concerned does not have to make decisions based on an internet forum but is free to seek qualified medical advice, as I did.

I'm leaving this discussion now and won't post again on this topic.
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Betsie

Ek is jammer as ek jou te kwaai aangevat het oor die hormoontherapie en ek hoop ons kan vriende wees!

I am glad that you have recovered after coming off HRT. I am not as brave as you are, am way too scared of a flare-up of my symptoms.

Once again, sorry if I offended you in any way.

Hippo

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |