Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sun block for arms & legs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CLxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:35 am      Reply with quote
I have tried out different brands of sun block ,for face or particularly for body, on my arms & legs, bumps started to appear after a few try. How come I am so sensitive in those areas ? Even though it is fine working on my face.

Do you have a brand in mind that really works to protect body from sunlight ? Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:42 am      Reply with quote
How about a pure physical sunscreen like Blue Lizard Baby or Sensitive versions?
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:06 am      Reply with quote
do you make sure you remove the sunscreen well at night? maybe your follicles are getting blocked and causing the bumps..

Also, maybe consider clothing with inbuilt spf if you are really having trouble with sunscreens, as that will reduce the frequency at which you need to use sunscreen

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:44 am      Reply with quote
If you're not already using a physical sunscreen, give that a try. One of my sons and I often get rashes/very itchy bumps on our upper arms, and I get them on my chest too, when we use chemical sunscreens. Since we've made the switch to physical (we are using Heiko kids) we haven't gotten these rashes once.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
We use Blue Lizard when we're going to be out in the sun all day recreationally.

We also use Kynesis. It's a pump spray and dries quickly. One of my little ones has sensitive skin. I get the one for kids and he doesn't have any probs.

And for daily usage. I Use Juice Beauty Body Moist. with SPF. A little spendy. But it seems to do the trick. Dries fast without crazy white residue...

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
mowgli wrote:
do you make sure you remove the sunscreen well at night? maybe your follicles are getting blocked and causing the bumps..

Also, maybe consider clothing with inbuilt spf if you are really having trouble with sunscreens, as that will reduce the frequency at which you need to use sunscreen

I agree that you should make sure you remove the sunscreen. I use Eucerin Shower Oil to remover sunscreen as I find it cuts through water-resistant sunscreen better than conventional body washes or soap.
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I use neutragenia but I recently purchased JM sunscreen,w waterproff and antioxidant
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I do well with Vichy Capital Soleil Children Milk SPF 50 (Euro formula) on my arms (and sometimes on my face).
CLxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:34 am      Reply with quote
Thx for your reply. It has not crossed my mind that I need to wash off sunscreen like the way I remove makeup. On the otehr hand, I believe I wash myself thoroughly with a sponge and soap every night, 365 times a year.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |