Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
suggestions for home pedicure kit
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
My feet need help! I love the way my feet look after a pedicure and treat myself to one or two in the summer but then I hide my feet the rest of the year. Crying or Very sad

I'm looking to buy a type of home pedicure kit. I saw some advertised at London Drugs but they are really cheap ones. My whole family has dry skin on the feet (I take lots of essential fatty acids and fish oils. I don't know what the heck the problem could be). It's embarressing. Every guy I've dated has had nicer feet than me. What's up with that? I dread the summer b/c I hate wearing sandals.

I would like an electic one if possible. It needs to be a heavy duty professional thing. I use a pumise but it is really time consuming and does not do a good enough job.

Any suggestions?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
i got this aussie cream at shoppers drug mart called flexitol..it has really softened up my cracked feet. I also use a very rough grade sandpaper on my callouses. I have it glued to a wooden door stop and I give myself a good scrub every couple days or so. Works WAY better than pumice!! Just be careful not to take off too much

I've never tried the mechanical things..but if you find a good one let me know!
english3222
5% products discount

Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have had great success with the diamancel buffer # 11 for removing callouses on dry feet. I ordered it from Lux beauty (http://www.luxbeauty.com/ShopHome/shop.htm). You can have a look at the site and decide which buffer would be right for you. They are expensive, but so far it has been the only thing that worked for me. I also use l'occitane foot cream (from the store in vancouver) and alpresan foot cream from julietsdayspa.com. I should metion that I have thyroid disease (hypothyroidism) and as a result have dry skin problems. People with diabetes should probably not use the diamancel foot buffers. I occasionally have pedicures, but find that I can do a better job of removing dry skin myself by using the diamancel buffer.
MsJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have the same problem. Then I started experimenting with everything that I have in my bathroom. Try this, soak your feet in warm water with epsom salt for about 10 minutes then use St. I'ves apricot scrub, then scrub your feet like crazy, wash your feet and dry. Apply any heavy moisturizer like Eucerin or better yet, Burt's Bees foot creme on your feet then put socks on.
Do this for a while and see if it makes any difference.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:06 am      Reply with quote
i agree w. english3222 about the large diamancel. they are excellent...last ages and can be scrubbed down w. a brush and soap afterwards for cleaning. be sure to use it on dry feet, though. they also have a smaller buffer that is specifically for top or side of toe/finger calluses that i love.

i've found that a combo of regular scrubbing w. the diamancel & sleeping w. a good heavy cream & socks really does the job.

lamicuz.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:57 am      Reply with quote
ST IVES apricot??????? Shock I use that stuff on my face!!!!!!! eck, that's not good
Mabsy

Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:54 am      Reply with quote
I have a Tweezerman pedicure kit and it comes with a foot file (looks kinda like a mini cheese grater) and a little thing with a razor in it to shave off (gently!) any dead skin. All I do is soak my feet for a while, use the above mentioned stuff and slather on some cream. You can also slather on some super rich cream (Burt's Bees comes to mind) and wrap your feet in glad wrap over night. Then use one of those cheese grater like things in the morning - it works *so* well!
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great tips everyone. I'll let you know how it goes...

ENGLISH 3222: I also have hypothyroidism but never have had a dry skin problem except on my feet. Do you know why that happens with low thyroid? Is it the lack of ciculation?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
my mom has a slow thyriod and these nasty nasty deep cracks in her feet that often bleed. Nothing has helped her...She's been to the dermatologist a few times for it now and no improvement
english3222
5% products discount

Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:16 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure why dry skin occurs, but it may be related to a slower metabolic rate. Skin problems are quite common in people with undiagnosed hypothyroidism. I have noticed that the texture of my hair changed as well. Even though I am adequately medicated, these symptoms did not entirely disappear.
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I live on a boat and I'm barefoot most of the time so my feet get really leathery. Every so often I use an electric palm sander with 80 grit sandpaper or a dremel. Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream and socks at night helps too. I just got the L'Occitaine Shea Butter so I'm trying that now. I used to neglect my feet and they would crack and really hurt so I stay on top of it now.
Liz
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |