Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
VISS IPL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mokumoku

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
@Portland

How my bulb you have used until now?
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Mokumoku wrote:
@Portland

How my bulb you have used until now?

ehh...you mean how many treatments?

i used just like the manual says.

every 2 weeks

1º treatment on 3 october

until now 4 treatments. But considering the extensive areas I programe every week. 1 week all hair from up half of bady and 2 week down half of body. A full body treatment in one day could overheat the device, and might take all day

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:40 am      Reply with quote
now i had some patches so i dont want to use it full body again.. i dont think it is necessary and 'im tired to do it Laughing

So now i zap just in the remain patches of hair. and it works very well. Why to do it a full legs treatments if i got just some patches left??

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I mean how many lamp cartridge you have used so far
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Mokumoku wrote:
I mean how many lamp cartridge you have used so far

Just one.... i never counted the shots... but i think it could be like 3000 at this time...
is still working... the VISS customer service told me when the lamp is depleted is when the white background of the flashtube is getting dark.. that means that the bulb is overheated and probably burned. Then you will need to buy a new one.. When that happen the device turn on the error light and doesnot work

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
how do you deal with the itch??

even at the lowest setting, it is still itchy for up to 6-7 days after treatment.
samimkasiri

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi,,,I have been to this Spa for one treatment on my arms and sholders and one treatment on the chest and back,,,they are giving me a great discount,,,but as a student it is really expensive,,,I am not sure If I should try Viss and save some money and time? People say that Home ipl is not as effective as Professional Ipl,,,I am not sure what to do really,,,,
I would appreciate your suggestions

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:50 am      Reply with quote
HairyV
Quote:
It's quite expensive

It isn't when you compare it to the salon prices. The darn thing works...and works well. For myself at any rate. I am thoroughly impressed with this little machine.

Originally I bought it strictly for the few darker facial hairs. Was not a huge problem,...but getting older and things change..so proactive in that department. It has been very successful.

Then, underarms, bikini line and legs...not something I would ever have had done anywhere. Call me a prude, but at the prices...forget it. With Viss...I can and do it all. At home, convenient and very affordable.

I thought it may be bunk when I took the plunge...I don't now. It is really an excellent machine and well worth the money.
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:16 am      Reply with quote
MsPattiePie wrote:
how do you deal with the itch??

even at the lowest setting, it is still itchy for up to 6-7 days after treatment.

is not the level of the machine that makes itching. is the shaving, when you shave and the hair starts to grow again, grows weaker and is hard to penetrate the surface of the skin and fall out.

5% products discount

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, me again Smile

I joined a webside called MyGroupon (think its also called MyCityDeals as well) and they sometimes have discount vouchers for salons that are offering various treatments.

I bought a voucher that is equivalent to £1200 worth of treatment for £200 and am using this for full leg laser hair removal.. which I think is a bargain considering I am getting 6 sessions for the price of one treatment!

I dunno, perhaps check that site out if you are in the UK? They may have worldwide versions too?

Even before I bought the Boots machine, I never considered using it on my legs because I know that will take up so many flashes from the bulb and plus it would take forever - as in I'd be locked away in my room on hours zapping away and my family would be wondering what on earth I was doing in there!

I do love the site.. pitty I am still a student, lol if I had the money I would buy more vouchers for other things! Although last week I did get laser teeth whitening in a Central London dental surgery for 1/5th of the normal price.

I can't wait till the day I don't have to worry about my body - like everyone else!
laprincipessa

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everybody, I've been following this forum since September, thinking about buying the VISS, and now I've finally done it!

Your experiences sound pretty much great, I'm hoping it'll work as well for me. My hair is pretty coarse, especially on my legs.

I live in Canada, and I was just wondering how long other people's shipping took? I ordered my machine last Monday. I'm hoping it'll arrive soon!
ladyhawke

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:49 am      Reply with quote
For those of you who have used the hair removal bulb on your face........did it change pigmentation or anything else? I remember reading that someone said NOT to use it on your face but then there were those of you who did use it for hair removal.
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:26 am      Reply with quote
ladyhawke wrote:
For those of you who have used the hair removal bulb on your face........did it change pigmentation or anything else? I remember reading that someone said NOT to use it on your face but then there were those of you who did use it for hair removal.

I response this question before... I used quite several times on face and i did not have ant pigmentation problems, i have been using in the maximum level 8 with no side effects.
I can say that my face i less sensitive than my legs. I had some pigmentation problems in abs and arms.

If you are a female, i can tell you that viss is highly effective for your hair issue in face, but for male... not so much... Neutral

5% products discount

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:52 am      Reply with quote
As a little update it does seem to be working on my abdomen (again, male).

I used it every 6days religously for 5weeks.

The weird thing is that everytime I'd shave it'd grow back in a few days. I had a few bald spots here and there, but the hair kept growing (I was hoping it would stop and fall out).

I decided to go back to waxing temporarily to take a break of the beeep beeep beeeep. Anyways, in the past, 10days after waxing the vast majority would be back. It's been 2 1/2weeks and while there is some re-growth, it's very very very minor.

So the viss is definately doing something.
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
recently i' having some lamp problems. apparently the lamp make the falsh and you can feel the sting, but the hair is not falling out anymore...

it is possible that the flashlamp is already depleted?

5% products discount

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:07 am      Reply with quote
portland wrote:
recently i' having some lamp problems. apparently the lamp make the falsh and you can feel the sting, but the hair is not falling out anymore...

it would be depleted if the color is changing and the bulb becomes super-heated very quickly. Also (supposedly) the machine will beep longer than usual.
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
4me2have wrote:
portland wrote:

it would be depleted if the color is changing and the bulb becomes super-heated very quickly. Also (supposedly) the machine will beep longer than usual.

Now i works. It was dusty in the inside, i look it closer and i saw some dust particles in the flashtube, so I disarmed the catridge and tried to clean it with a cotton stick and ethyl alcohol, there are some burned particles that I could not remove, so just let them that way , i'm afraid to ruin the flashtube. Then zap it again and after 10 days the hair has starting to falling out just like before.

Another thing, after 2 months i could say that i have wonderfull results for all over my body, some areas almost totally removed (like arms). But in face... nothing good, just like 10% reduction and stoped reduction after the last 2 treatments. So before take the desition of pay for laser diode hair removal in clinic, I decides to give the last chance to VISS for Coarse hair removal in face. I read about other IPL devices that ussually you need to zap more than once in same area (SPL-600 professional machine), so i decides to use VISS in level 8 and zap 4-5 times in same area (depending of the tolerablility). It did hurt!, but no so badly , very tolerable. No side effects at the sight(no redness no swelling), just a little sting like after a light chemical peeling.
I will update in 10 days to say if it works. I'm using viss undergoing a 10% mequinol treatment to prevent any hyperpigmentation, maybe that make this procedure very tolerable, and no side effects.

Now i would like to say that i'm not encouraging to do it, is not the instructions of this machine. I just want to share my experience with VISS, every experience worth, that's the reason of this forum.

Ahhhh almost forget... The skin rejuvenation bulb... the results get optimized combining with a 10% mequinol routine. Since im using mequinol plus the skin bulb seems to work very faster for hyperpigmentation problems

ehhh... thats all i guess..

regards

Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I just used my viss for the first time before yesterday. Used it on lower legs, arms, underarms, and under my belly button.

So far there doesn't seem to be any looser hairs (when I pull it hurts)

Hopefully the 10 days will show a result!
natalia.szabo

Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I received my VISS IPL and have used it once. I am wondering if you really have to wait 2 weeks between treatments ? is there any benefit to not waiting 2 weeks ?

I haven't noticed any major difference really but like I said I have only used it once. Though it does appear the hair on my lower leg some of them are turning a lighter color.

Hopefully this is a sign!

At any rate I have found treatments to be relatively pain free. It doesn't require a lot of time. I love it!
jxxy22

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm basically hairless now after using the VISS every 2 weeks since I got it back in September!I was very doubtful at the beginning but seeing the results on the areas that I've treated, I'm a firm believer now!The first 2-3 treatments you would think that it's not doing anything or maybe very negligible but over time you'll see the results.I would recommend this product to evryone who wants to be hair free on areas they want to be for a fraction of what you will be spending to go to a professional! I'm basically using this machine all over my body every 2 weeks since September and the first cartridge that came with it is still working!!! Goodluck all you people! Just be patient, stick with the appropriate setting and do it every 2 weeks!
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank you SO much jxxy22! I've been so encouraged by everyone's comments. Does all over your body mean your face too?
jxxy22

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
kmaya wrote:
Thank you SO much jxxy22! I've been so encouraged by everyone's comments. Does all over your body mean your face too?

Yeah I even tried it on my sideburn area (very dense and light growth to begin with) and now it's all gone!!! Like what I said on my previous post; it didn't happened overnight, patience and right spacing between treatments are the key! So zap away kmaya! Smile
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:59 am      Reply with quote
jxxy22....you read as cheesy as I do....lol

The machine works, or at any rate, it works for me. Great little gadget.

Still using the same bulb as well.
gbhuhd

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guys, Thanks for all your helpful comments, persuaded me to invest in a machine about 3 weeks ago.

I have only used it once and have never tried any laser hair removal before so don't know what to expect, i have seen a lot of posts saying you need to use it at least 3/4 times before you see any results but wanted to check something...

Only time i used it, the hairs kind of shrivelled up above the skin (i guess due to the heat) however in the 10 days since then i can see they have all continued to grow out as i can see the frazzled bit is now further out...does this mean it wont work on me or i just have to be patient !!? I have pretty white skin and dark hair so should be fine for me...i'm just wondering if the fact the hairs still growing means they wont magically fall out in the first 2 week period.

Anybody else have any results like this ?

Thanks !!
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:59 am      Reply with quote
gbhuhd wrote:
Hi Guys, Thanks for all your helpful comments, persuaded me to invest in a machine about 3 weeks ago.

I have only used it once and have never tried any laser hair removal before so don't know what to expect, i have seen a lot of posts saying you need to use it at least 3/4 times before you see any results but wanted to check something...

Only time i used it, the hairs kind of shrivelled up above the skin (i guess due to the heat) however in the 10 days since then i can see they have all continued to grow out as i can see the frazzled bit is now further out...does this mean it wont work on me or i just have to be patient !!? I have pretty white skin and dark hair so should be fine for me...i'm just wondering if the fact the hairs still growing means they wont magically fall out in the first 2 week period.

Anybody else have any results like this ?

Thanks !!

This iiis pretty normal.. the hair takes his time to fall out. and the time depends on the area to be trated..
In arms take like 20 days, meanwhile in abds and chest fall out in 7 days..
as you can see it depends on the metabolism. Don't worry if you and not getting results in 2 weeks. You should worry if you dont have results in a month.
Is not the machine that take this longer, is your metabolism in reabsorb the damaged follicle

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |