Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
VISS IPL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:51 am      Reply with quote
I'm still using the VISS, not very often though. My underarm hair has all but stopped growing. The bikini hair has grown back some, but very sparse. This machine will not rid you of hair permanently with a few treatments, but it definitely discourages hair growth. I'm very happy with it.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've had some pretty encouraging results with the VISS, but a few months ago it started malfunctioning. It will work for maybe 20-30 flashes and then will go into error mode, at which point you have to unplug it and wait 3-4 minutes, plug it back in, and get another 20-30 flashes before it goes into error mode again. I've contacted their returns line and am waiting to hear back from them. If any of you have tips on returns and dealing with their customer service, let me know. I'm not looking forward to shipping this thing back to Korea. Does anyone know if VISS pays for the return shipping?
Laser Lady

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everybody!

I use Viss in our very busy salon. I often do as many as 20-25 treatments per day, so I thought I'd pass on a few things I've observed.

1. Laser hair removal is designed to damage the hair follicle resulting gradually thinner and sparser hair until hair growth all but stops. Most often there will at least some regrowth in the next 6 to 12 months which will need to be touched up. No laser hair removal is considered "permanent", at least as defined by the FDA.

2. Viss IPL is not a toy. As you can see, serious burns can occur when the heat is too high. Too low a setting will result in poor results. I'm also told that too low a setting can stimulate the hair follicle. I'm still looking to confirm that in the professional literature..anyone seen it?

3. Be patient! IPL therapy is not waxing, the results are not immediate. IPL is a gradual process. We do treatments on our clients about once per month. Some see results after the second use. Most see results by the 4th or 5th treatment. Occasionally I've had to do as many as 9 to get the desired effect, but it does work. (Some may need to use carbon dye..see below.)

4. Know your skin type! Darker skin types require lower settings or you will burn. IPL is not recommended for very dark skin such as African American. Even very low settings often results in hyperpigmentation. If you have blond, light red, or grey hair consider using carbon dye to improve your results. IPL targets pigment in the hair follicle. Those colors have very little pigment for the laser to track.

5. To use carbon dye: first shave or wax the hair. Waxing is best because it empties the follicle. Apply a small amount of dye over the area with a cotton ball. Wipe the surface dye off with a little alcohol. This will help the laser find and target the dye in the follicle, not generally disperse through out your skin. Make sure skin is dry and administer IPL treatment. Carbon dye is not a hair dye, it is designed to fill the hair follicle so the laser has something to track.

You will much more sensitive to IPL when using carbon dye so lower the setting or you could get a nasty burn.

5. To remove the carbon dye stain: First wipe the stained area with hand cream, then use
DY-Zoff pads to remove the rest. Very effective, gets rid of that deep, grey stain. DY-Zoff is available through amazon.

Hope this helps! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Is this considered more powerful than the remington Ilight?

this is 23 joules but it is about 4 joules per centimeter squared when you factor in treatment area

the remington Ilight is 7-8 joules per centimeter squared

the silkn is up to 5 joules per centimeter squared.

I am really confused about why this is considered the stronger machine if per centimeter squared it is not?
Laser Lady

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I do not know why Viss is considered more powerful than the Remington or Silkin. I have not seen anything analyzing that comparison.

Power is not the only consideration when selecting an IPL machine. More power is not necessarily better, it would just burn most skin tones faster.

We use the Viss because it is a "work horse" of a machine. It stands up to being used all day long. It is very comfortable to hold, and size of the flash pattern is very well suited for most treatments we do. (We do not do eyebrows.)

I was not part of the original selection process choosing Viss. I have not had an opportunity to use the other 2, so I can not comment on their power or effectiveness.

Just a safety note about working on the face. The pigment in iris (colored part) of the eye absorbs the IPL and other laser light waves just like the pigment in the hair follicle. This can seriously damage the eye.

It is an absolute must to wear goggles when working anywhere near anyone's eyes to wear protective laser goggles. Since laser waves will bounce off mirrors, best to have someone else help you and wear a laser shield over your eyes.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, exactly that!

We will be shipping any UK orders from our new UK Warehouse from January 1st 2012.

We are also available to ask any questions you may have about our product range.

shqiptare wrote:
vissbeautyuk wrote:
Sorry for diving into an existing thread, but I wanted to let you know that we have just launched a dedicated Viss Beauty business in the UK.

I'm hear to answer any questions you might have, but its worth mentioning that our new Acne lamp is going down a storm! People are seeing some amazing results.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

Many thanks
Viss Beauty UK

Hi, does it mean, the europeans could get Viss and extras now from the UK???? Shock
Mbwa_Kali

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Concerning VISS UK: What are the Contact Details?

Concerning Carbon Dye: Has anyone tried simply using "Grecian Formula"? The revised formula is supposed to have dealt with the carcinogenic factor.

Again for Carbon Dye: Various posts speak of the value of epilating first; but without waxing or epilating does the Carbon Dye still have any effect?
Laser Lady

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Shaving will increase the effectiveness over nothing by 50%, waxing by 90%. Just putting it on top of the hair causes the laser to spread out over the entire surface area.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Mbwa_Kali wrote:
Concerning VISS UK: What are the Contact Details?

Concerning Carbon Dye: Has anyone tried simply using "Grecian Formula"? The revised formula is supposed to have dealt with the carcinogenic factor.

Again for Carbon Dye: Various posts speak of the value of epilating first; but without waxing or epilating does the Carbon Dye still have any effect?

We can be found at vissbeauty.co.uk
Laser Lady

Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I can't find Grecian formula. As far as carbon die, shaving will help some.

If you do nothing, you essentially die both the hair and the skin black, creating a pseudo African type pigment.

The point is to concentrate as much dye as possible into the hair follicle, not on the hair, and wipe the surface layer of dye off. This will allow the laser to seek the concentrated dye in the follicle, not scatter into the dermal layers.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've been trying for nine days now, by phone and email, to get information from VISS on how to return a defective device under warranty, and can't get them to answer me. Have others had similar problems? I'm getting fed up! I saw posted elsewhere on the Internet that they make you pay return shipping charges, which include outrageous customs fees. I hope that's not true. If so, what a nightmare.
Jed

Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
scraggletag wrote:
I've been trying for nine days now, by phone and email, to get information from VISS on how to return a defective device under warranty, and can't get them to answer me. Have others had similar problems? I'm getting fed up! I saw posted elsewhere on the Internet that they make you pay return shipping charges, which include outrageous customs fees. I hope that's not true. If so, what a nightmare.

Hi There, I work for VISS Beauty, and I happen to come across this thread. Could you let me know if you managed to get your unit returned? if not, please let me know and I will personally take care of it. Our company has gone through various changes over the years, and recently we have made an increased effort to improve our customer service.

Please send me a private message with your info, and I will make sure that your defective device.
thanks,
victoriapr

Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
hello!

im very excited because i bought the viss machine today. Basically i bought it because i had a dermatologist burn my skin with a q-yag laser about 2 weeks ago( i went to the office for freckles and sun spots problems)and I ended up being burned. I asked him and even suggested to use IPL laser on my spots( i've used the ipl laser at another clinic 2 years ago and it worked perfectly, i did not returned to that previous doctor because their ipl was not working, and so i went to this new doctor, but as i previously mentioned, he suggested a "better" laser and ended up burning me skin...

It has already healed but a WAY BIGGER scar(bigger than any freckle remains)... im hoping that the skin rejuvenation light helps me fade away, gradually, these new dark spots on my face...

has a anybody been able to use the photo rejuvenation laser on their skin for dark spots? Has it been successful? How long did you have to wait to see good results?

thank you for your time
3dz

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Just placed an order for the VISS. Hope to receive it soon and have some successful stories to share!
Lethal Love

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all,

I am new on here, and was researching the Viss IPL system and came across this forum.
Is the Viss worth it?
I have heard that they had a problem with some of the systems a while back and was wondering whether or not that was the problem now.
Oh and with guarantee, how does one go about getting it?

Thank you. :3
jwps

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy
Hi All ! I'm a White Male with Dark Hairs Laughing
My first post.

Lethal Love. I would at this point, say the Device seems to be worth it & working.
I bought mine in Dec. 2011, and started using it right after the 1st of the New Year. I have now used it twice.
Just Like it says in the Instructions- Shave & use Once every 2 weeks.
It took 12 days after first use ( started to think it wasnt working Confused ) to see results on my hairy stomach & chest, as hairs started coming out, when I pulled on them. Didn't even feel them coming out when I pulled.!
Since I just used it again for the 2nd time , I will post again in 2 weeks with the results. First time was random, spotty were I used it, a pre-test. More thorough this 2nd time on chest & stomach, and tried it on the top of My hands, lower forearms, back of Upper arms & arm pits.

So, To Be Continued...
budderballer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
victoriapr wrote:
hello!

im very excited because i bought the viss machine today. Basically i bought it because i had a dermatologist burn my skin with a q-yag laser about 2 weeks ago( i went to the office for freckles and sun spots problems)and I ended up being burned. I asked him and even suggested to use IPL laser on my spots( i've used the ipl laser at another clinic 2 years ago and it worked perfectly, i did not returned to that previous doctor because their ipl was not working, and so i went to this new doctor, but as i previously mentioned, he suggested a "better" laser and ended up burning me skin...

It has already healed but a WAY BIGGER scar(bigger than any freckle remains)... im hoping that the skin rejuvenation light helps me fade away, gradually, these new dark spots on my face...

has a anybody been able to use the photo rejuvenation laser on their skin for dark spots? Has it been successful? How long did you have to wait to see good results?

thank you for your time

Would love to hear how the skin rejuvenation light works for you! So far, it seems like everyone says it doesn't work.
GeekyGirl85

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:39 am      Reply with quote
After reading the effectiveness of the VISS unit in conjunction with the carbon dye, I was just waiting for my tax return to come before I pushed the button to order it. Since then, I have been looking into the my me elos system... I'm not really sure if there is an improved effectiveness. For two hundred more dollars or so, it seems like maybe that may be a better unit to use. But I haven't seen any studies about the effectiveness of the supposed RF/IPL synergy. I would really appreciate it if anyone had any words of caution, advice, or just anything in general about either of the units! Thank you very much; all of your posts & experiments with the carbon dye has been greatly appreciated by me, and probably many others! (:
Chi25

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I have been reading through all your posts with interest, mainly because I really would like some clarification on skin rejuvenation, however to my horror, there is still no reviews to my knowledge, about whether it works or not. I, like many women want to find a product that at least does something and is proven to do so, so why are there no reviews?

I do want to purchase it, I really do but cannot waste my hard earned cash unless I am 100% sure it is going to work for me.

Please, please someone put me out of my misery so I can make a decision on the purchase.
ellatu
5% products discount

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the VISS about 18 months ago. I even purchased an extra hair removal lamp and 2 rejuvenation lamps as well as the extended warranty. Well, the hair removal is fantastic, very effective. I have tried the rejuvenation lamp several times and honestly, I don't think it does a thing.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
ellatu wrote:
I bought the VISS about 18 months ago. I even purchased an extra hair removal lamp and 2 rejuvenation lamps as well as the extended warranty. Well, the hair removal is fantastic, very effective. I have tried the rejuvenation lamp several times and honestly, I don't think it does a thing.

I would agree! However, I'm one of those people who believe that skin rejuvenation doesn't happen over-night. Even if you have a professional treatment (which is far more intensive) they will tell you that it takes months to see any results - and then you have to factor in the fact that you're continuing to age. I don't think there is a treatment available which will give you a visible result in a short period of time - except surgery or extremely invasive lasers. I don't view any device as a magic wand - I just use them and hope that they're doing something! All I can say is, that at 62, I haven't fallen apart - yet - and I have to attribute some of the holding together as due to all the effort I put in with various devices.

BUT - I've never found anything that has helped with sagging - but then, maybe I'd look allot saggier if I didn't do what I do!

5% products discount

Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, are you continuing to use the VISS rejuvenation? I was hoping it would help with freckles/age spots but as I said I don't see any evidence that it does anything---no snap or tingle when it flashes--no temporary darkening of freckles that are getting ready to fade (as they do with professional IPL). You are quite, there are no magic wands, but I really don't want to waste my time if there is no benefit---there are so many other things I could be doing for my skin. I value your opinion.
ellatu
5% products discount

Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, are you continuing to use the VISS rejuvenation? I was hoping it would help with freckles/age spots but as I said I don't see any evidence that it does anything---no snap or tingle when it flashes--no temporary darkening of freckles that are getting ready to fade (as they do with professional IPL). You are quite, there are no magic wands, but I really don't want to waste my time if there is no benefit---there are so many other things I could be doing for my skin. I value your opinion.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am continuing to use the rejuvenation head - because it's there. But I wouldn't really recommend that anyone buy it. I think your money would be much better spent on a professional IPL treatment (make sure you go to a doctor's clinic, not a beauty spa).

I've had numerous IPL's to treat dark spots and broken caps - and they have been successful. Although the very stubborn broken caps around the nose area always seem to return.

The fact is that the VISS rejuvenation head does not have the power to impact on broken caps or freckles. Maybe, it does have some skin rejuvenation capabilities when used regularly, but it certainly won't make a visible difference to the skin over a short period of time.

The hair reduction head works well, but treatment must be maintained or the hair will grow back - although the hair growth is much sparser.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Just a question, maybe I'm just uninformed; does it have to be blue carbon dye to make the IPL more effective? Wouldn't food coloring do the trick and be safer on the skin too?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |