Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
VISS IPL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jxxy22

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Used the viss again yesterday for my legs, bikini line and armpit. So far no significant hair reduction, thinning and hair regrowth was still at the same rate without treatment... Confused I know I can't compare this machine to the one's being used in the clinic and it would probably take more treatments to achieve comparable results to professional hair removal. I'm using level 7 now ( the first time was 5) I'm expecting some kind of hair ejection like when I used to have it done professionally but none of the areas I treated did anything like that. Hair is still coarse (my legs are really light and hair is coarse and black). But then again this is only the 2nd treatment 10 days after the first one. I'll update everybody on my next one after 10 days! I'm hoping it would do something...
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's too soon to tell, keep us updated though, I won't be buying for a couple months and I'm anticipating everyone's experiences.
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:57 am      Reply with quote
after a hard reading of hair removal systems, i decided to buy viss ipl, simply cos all the problems with others ipl systems is that the amount of enegy emited is VERY LOWER than the profesional machines. Ipl has 23J, but... in somes cases.. still not being quite enough of energy to significant hair reduction.

I did de 1º session on legs (level 5), arms(level 4), chest (level 5), face (level 4)
Caution with skin type 4 !... pigment of your skin can asorb energy and can cause burns.

I can say for my experience that are sensitive areas that cannot be treated up to level 4(for my skin type, and i did not had sunbath over a year), like upper legs, when i had a little bit of persistent redness in patches, still remaining after 3 days, almost unnoticeable but is sensitive to touching. So,... I almost burn my upper leg with level 5.

Solution: then i did a treatment in underarms, WITH a precooling ice pack unit. So i use a ice pack sightly a few seconds before, and then zap it in level 8(YES, LEVEL Cool(MAKE SURE THAT DRY THE AREA AFTER PRECOLLLING WITH A TOWEL). Results: Just minimal redness(no sensitivity, no burning, no pain), and then i can feel the damage in folicles. It feels like you had been shaved recently after a very hot shower. Next day i see significant reduction of hair growth rate. I ussualy shave everyday, now im in 3º day and i did not need to shave.

It is too early to say that it's works for me.
But with a preecoling unit, you can use higher amounts of energy without risks of burnings. I strongly recomend it for skin type 4-5. But it's just for minimizing skin surface heating, if you abuse of precooling you could reduce the effectiveness of the treatment, in theory.

For skin rejuvenation lamp: I did 1º treatment covering just the hyperpigmentation spots that i want to remove like 5 shots per area at level 5. It's feels a little warm and then temporary redness during like 5 minutes after treatment(like i washed my face with warm water), with no any kind of side effects. As I said too early to see results. Just giving my early experience.

I'll keep you posted.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Just an update...definite reduction in hair growth re: underarm and bikini line. [ something I would never have paid for getting it done professionally ] Legs....still working on those.

Face...it seems to be working.

Skin bulb, had some major stress,...skin was freaking out....flashie thingied my face...next day...huge improvement.

Very happy with the VISS.
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:

Skin bulb, had some major stress,...skin was freaking out....flashie thingied my face...next day...huge improvement.

Very happy with the VISS.

Dragon what do you mean with some major stress... redness? inflamation? sensitivity? Peel? Because I used this lamp and still nothing happened. What energy level did you used? Did you zap it more than once in the same area?

And improvemnt of? redness, brown spots? hyperpigmentation? acne?

(sorry for the lot of questions, i'm very happy with VISS just as you) Smile

5% products discount

Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Portland...
I have been using the skin cartridge and have certainly noticed an overall improvement in acne reduction, redness reduction, and overall skin smoothness. My friends have also made comments on how my face looks better. I have been using it twice per week for several weeks. I put it on setting 6, but will increase it to level 7 if improvements stop or slow. However, for the time being, I will keep it at level 6 since I am still noticing improvements. I do not treat the same area twice on the same day, but I make sure to have a slight overlap of the cartridge so that I cover my entire face and forehead. I make sure to wash my face and dry it, as well as applying the skin gel before treatment. I'd be happy to provide you with even more information if you want regarding my treatments and overall success with the VISS so far.
sunisthedevil

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

it sounds like it's going great - just wonder if you are aware the manual suggests never to exceed level 5 though? (skin cartridge)- I wouldn't want any long term damage/reaction done.

Good luck 8)
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Portland,
My post was unclear, life stresses, skin was breaking out, so used the skin bulb...next day my skin was much better.

I use only level 3 on my face. Level 6 for hair removal.
laurafranchesci
5% products discount

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Sunisthedevil,

I wonder why it says not to pass that level. I know for sure that the power and strength of the IPL machine at my doctor's office is much stronger and would likely equal a VISS level of 12-15 (if such high levels ever existed). I'm sure they print that so that people don't burn their skin. I guess it would be a good idea to find out exactly why from VISS. I'll try to email them and get an answer.
sunisthedevil

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:51 am      Reply with quote
Laurafranceschi,

good question, come to think of it it might just be their way of mitigating bad outcomes (as we are untrained etc). An email to them is probably a great idea to clarify things, as their manual is pretty skimpy on info - especially for skin rejuvenation - these forums are great but it would also be nice to not have to experiment on ourselves!

I want to ask the beauty salon I sometimes go to but feel pretty sure they'll say it's not a good idea because they don't want to lose business - I'll ask anyway and post what they say.

:)
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
For hair removal bulb: After 12 days of treatment in face. My beard almost doesn't growth, but still there. (i think this is called ejection). I can say that is working, since i 've just done the first treatment..

For skin Bulb: still not significant improvemnt after 2 sessions. But my skin is sensetive to sun. I dont recomend photofacial for people who are obligated to stay under the sun, even with sunscreen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Portland, you have only done one treatment on your face for hair removal?
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:19 am      Reply with quote
kmaya wrote:
Portland, you have only done one treatment on your face for hair removal?

Yes, iv'e only made 1º treatment. On sunday i will do the 2º treatment and I will report results.

As I said, suddendly my beard just almost has stopped growing. I used to shave everyday,and now after 2 days, just a little of hair has grown. BUT, it's still coarse yet.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Seems like the viss is doing something. Noticed patchy coarse growth on my lower legs, some spots barely grew and some small areas are totally hairless as of now! I haven't shaved in 6 days now, just to see how it would look like, bikini line at level 7 might be too much since it got a bit irritated, hair grew back but there's small hairless spots that hardly grew back, better results with my underarm, a few hair strands grew back but I would say there's a noticeable improvement. I'm planning on doing my third treatment in 4 days (I'm doing it every 10 days) and I'll keep everybody posted! p.s. wish i can attach pictures here...
4me2have
5% products discount

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Just as an update I received my new replacement unit - about a week and a half turn-around time, not too shabby.

Plugged it in and it works perfectly.

I did a test out at level 4, no burns/pain/etc... so I shoved it up to level 8 and did my abdomen (I'm a male btw). Each one feels like a little pinch, but nothing too painful. No redness or burns or anything at the moment.

I believe it's doing something because of the feeling I get when it flashes, not to mention that if I catch a stray hair that didn't get shaved, you get that nice singed hair smell (lol)

I'll admit though I'm still a bit skeptical - it's drop-shipped from Korea and I havn't really seen it "out there" in the market place yet (however, to be fair, the other IPLs like the Phillips I hadn't heard of either until I started researching the VISS) which are 2 red flags, but we'll see in time. (hopefully for the better)

Btw, does anybody know what the strongest IPL device out there on the market is today?
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Here is my update for first treatment.

Over a week my hair looks still growing in arms, and legs. But i tried to pluck it with twezeers just for curiosity and.... WOW.. The hair instantly fall out with no follicle, no resistance. So i guess the hair is still there but the follicle is dead. (the manual says that just wait to fall out itself)
This look like a drunk hair, with no root direction.

I posted before that you can use a higher setting level with precooling. Now i can see that the treated areas with higher levels are changed pigmentation slightly, but noticeable, while the treated areas with the level corresponding with your skin type has not been damaged in skin tone. And Both areas has the same results in terms of hair removal.
SO, DO NOT USER HIGHER LEVEL RECOMENDED FOR YOUR SKIN TYPE. BECAUSE THIS COULD UNEVEN YOU SKIN TONE SLIGHTLY(like litle patches). AND YOU WILL HAVE THE SAME HAIR REMOVAL RESULTS. (it looks like i'm experimenting with my skin LOL)

For face AFTER 2º treatment, not significant results yet. I guess this is because the hair follicle is deeper.

For skin rejuvenation: The skin rejuvenation says that treat red and sunspots. My redness has completetly gone after 3 treatments at level 5, i have not even a little break out. BUT, i have a little post inflamatory hyperpigmentation after acne, and i found that the skin bulb do not treat this problem. just to be clear, works for acne, works for redness, works for red acne scaring, BUT did not work for post inflamatory hyperpigmentation, at least not for me. So, i decided complementing the VISS fotorejuvenation with Hydroquinone 4%, and now i'm looking good results. I've Found dermatologic publications that agree with this, best results using Hydroquinone + IPL.(preventing post IPL hyperpigmentation and treating existing Hyperpigmentation)

Here is the dermatologic publication, so you can se that i'm not kidding:

Unfortunatelly i cannot post the link, so the name of the dermatologic publication is:

"Benefits of using a hydroquinone/tretinoin skin care system in patients undergoing intense pulsed light therapy for photorejuvenation: a placebo-controlled study"

This is a quote of conclusions:

"CONCLUSION

Adjunctive use of the HQ/tret system enhances the overall improvements in facial skin achieved with IPL therapy alone-resulting in significantly lower levels of hyperpigmentation and laxity, and significantly greater levels of overall improvement and patient satisfaction. Use of the HQ/tret system in combination with IPL treatment was generally well tolerated with mean levels of dryness, peeling and burning remaining less than mild throughout the study."

I hope this helps.

Regards

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Wow thanks Portland for your update. As far as hyperpigmentation goes have you tried the lemon peel bioferment? I've been trying it for the last 5 weeks and I like it lots.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Portland,

Good to know the unit is working so well for you too.

They now offer a 3 year warranty.. thought I had posted that and the post got zapped, or it's early onset Alzheimers ?either way it seems they really stand behind their product.

I feel a bit more cozy about that as I bought the extra bulbs that they sent with the new machine.

After all my bellyaching on the forum about the VISS in the beginning.

I really really like this little machine. Very Happy
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Dragon are you using yours at 2 week intervals?
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yes...I am, and at the lower settings. I am not so brave to go over #6.

Skin bulb only at #3.

Major difference in underarms and bikini line. Legs....I think that will take a bit longer. They do grow out looking drunk and pull out easily.

The facial wild cats...the problem is not severe, mind you, I utterly loathe facial hair. They are very fine, but the dark ones...pull out. There were 2 thicker ones...and they have not been seen in quite a while Very Happy

It's just a really great little machine...can't say much more. Worth the money.<--- I don't say that about too many things...so take it for what it's worth. [ my 2NT on an internet forum!] Seriously though...if you don't have one, get one.
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have seriously appreciated all of your input Dragon...you have me thoroughly convinced! I just need to save my pennies. Keep posting I'm reading all I can before I can buy Smile
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:39 am      Reply with quote
kmaya wrote:
Wow thanks Portland for your update. As far as hyperpigmentation goes have you tried the lemon peel bioferment? I've been trying it for the last 5 weeks and I like it lots.

Kmaya could explain me more of that "lemon peel bioferment" ?? I have been looking for a LOTS of skin lightening products, and i spent a lot of money for that , without good results. Azelaic acid (burns too much), glycolic acid (extremely dried my skin), kojic acid (not efficient), i'm now using hydroquinone, but i read that "lemon peel is faster" (without considering the risks of hydroquinone). I tried some home made

What type of skin do you have, and did you have secondary effects? excessive redness o something?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:40 am      Reply with quote
kmaya wrote:

Kmaya could explain me more of that "lemon peel bioferment" ?? I have been looking for a LOTS of skin lightening products, and i spent a lot of money for that , without good results. Azelaic acid (burns too much), glycolic acid (extremely dried my skin), kojic acid (not efficient), i'm now using hydroquinone, but i read that "lemon peel is faster" (without considering the risks of hydroquinone). I tried some home made

What type of skin do you have, and did you have secondary effects? excessive redness o something?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Portland,
Here's a thread that you can read about it.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36747&highlight=lpb

I myself have seen lightening on my freckles (slower) and red spots from breakouts and mole removal (faster). It appears ton work up to a point and then stops but it's not very expensive and a 1 oz. bottle lasts me about 6 weeks and I apply to most of my face neck chest and hands. It doesn't sting at all.(very gentle) I'd say it's worth a try for little investment.
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Sorry I didn't read your last question till after I posted
I have fair skin with freckles and light breakouts monthly Rolling Eyes . I just started using copper peptides (the lightest serum)and I think the lemon and CP's together is really helping! Honestly I am noticing my skin healing in ways it never has before.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |