Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

VISS IPL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sunisthedevil

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
To Portland,

thankyou for all ur contributions so far - a lot of effort but it's definitely appreciated.

Have the same prob as you 'the face', namely stubborn upper lip gorilla hair. Have become impatient with electrolysis mainly b/c can't always make blasted appts. so hair just taunts me...and VISS, well no luck so far - so what is this Yag laser thingy?, am also thinking of the Rio 20X (home laser) but web research is patchy (a bit like our hair ha ha).

Any ideas?
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
sunisthedevil wrote:
To Portland,

thankyou for all ur contributions so far - a lot of effort but it's definitely appreciated.

Have the same prob as you 'the face', namely stubborn upper lip gorilla hair. Have become impatient with electrolysis mainly b/c can't always make blasted appts. so hair just taunts me...and VISS, well no luck so far - so what is this Yag laser thingy?, am also thinking of the Rio 20X (home laser) but web research is patchy (a bit like our hair ha ha).

Any ideas?

Hey thanks! good to see that my answers are appreciated.
YAG Laser is "neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet" and has a 1064nm of wavelenght, is a laser that is difracted with this solid crystal. The good thing is that has deeper penetration in skin. All type of skin are treatable, and is safer since canot target melamin of skin. The problem is that this technology is not avaliable for home systems, only dermatologist have access to this tech. Is the best thing for our problem, because "gorila's hair" has really deep follicle.

About Rio home laser.. Not recomended. I did not have read any good of that hair removal system. Problems like the area has not an uniformity in terms of energy (means that can cause burns. The energy emmited is to weak (for being a laser based system) so, the hair did fall out, but in a month the hair growth again at the same rate and depth. you just need to read a post on the web.
Laser IS for coarse hair, but it seems that the only laser that has the amount of energy needed is TRIA Laser.

But again, I will take the advice that someone gave me in a post reply. "It is too early to wait results, IPL is much slower for coarse hair, you just got a month using VISS "
Maybe He is right since i lately noticed that hair is growing slower, coarse anyways and not fall out, but slower. It's a start.

I recomend you to wait to see more results. After 3 months i call tell that you need another solution. Some of my friends got an IPL in clinics and in the first 3 treatments, nothing happen, and in the 4º dramatically start to falling out.

(considering that this IPL machines are Very more powerfull, up to 50-80 Joules, Viss can take longer, a I dont know if I can wait this longer, knowing that there are better treatments). Neutral

It's your option... Neutral

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:10 am      Reply with quote
thank you for the photo rejuvenation instructions, portland! Smile

i am going to start hair removal on my upper lip for the first time this week. how do you space out hair removal and photo rejuvenation treatments in the same area? can i do hair removal then photo reju the next day?
just2envy

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:19 am      Reply with quote
hey im new and just received my viss on nov1 and so far have done 2 treatments on my legs and they are sooooo itchy now. has anyone gotten itchy after using the viss? so far nothing. im still going but even on hairs that i didnt shave it didnt do anything to them they still look the same not burnt. and i also wanted to no if the viss will remove those pores on the legs that show even after you shave? am i the only one that has them?
gingernoelle

Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
So after reading through this thread I decided to purchase a Viss. It showed up yesterday and I am going to do my first treatment today. I have a long history of excess hair that thinned out within the last year or so, "Slightly" when it was recommended to get on birth control. I am taking before and after pictures because I want to see visable results. I am concerned by the manual saying "Not to use on face". I thought I had read somewhere in this thread that this was brought up before but I can't seem to find it. I also read on the facebook page that it was now ok to use on the face. I have hair growing on my chin, neck and the side of my face. (Like a man) I was really, really hoping it would be ok and now I am concerned. Can anyone give me some feedback? I am not as concerned to use it on my neck but I don't want to create any damage on the side of my face. Thanks to everyone who has posted to this site.. It has been so very helpful!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:25 am      Reply with quote
MsPattiePie wrote:
thank you for the photo rejuvenation instructions, portland! Smile

i am going to start hair removal on my upper lip for the first time this week. how do you space out hair removal and photo rejuvenation treatments in the same area? can i do hair removal then photo reju the next day?

Ok.. this depends a lot of what level are you using it. For example. Ive started having a photofacial (skin rejuvenation) at level 2, and i had not problem to do it next day a hair removal session at level 5.

BUT, now i'm doing a photofacial at level 5 once a week. hours later i experience little redness, like i washed my face with hot water, yesterday i had my last photofacial, and my forehead still a litle red (almost unnoticeable), its a normal effect after getting an IPL.
BUT, now in this condition i do not recomend to have a hair removal session right away, so i recomend you to wait like 4 to 5 days after having a photofacial.

So you need to schedule your session so you can respect the 2 weeks hair removal treatment and 1 week photofacial treatment. Well organized you will prevent some undesired effects (excesive redness, or worst.. hyperpigmentation)

For example... monday get a photofacial and friday get a Hair remoral IPL.

Note: this recomendation goes only for facial hair removal undergoing a photofacial. For other parts of body i do not recomend simultanous treatment, because healing process is slower(arms or legs).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:46 am      Reply with quote
gingernoelle wrote:
So after reading through this thread I decided to purchase a Viss. It showed up yesterday and I am going to do my first treatment today. I have a long history of excess hair that thinned out within the last year or so, "Slightly" when it was recommended to get on birth control. I am taking before and after pictures because I want to see visable results. I am concerned by the manual saying "Not to use on face". I thought I had read somewhere in this thread that this was brought up before but I can't seem to find it. I also read on the facebook page that it was now ok to use on the face. I have hair growing on my chin, neck and the side of my face. (Like a man) I was really, really hoping it would be ok and now I am concerned. Can anyone give me some feedback? I am not as concerned to use it on my neck but I don't want to create any damage on the side of my face. Thanks to everyone who has posted to this site.. It has been so very helpful!

OK... now after several tratments in face i can understand what they said that.

Answering your question.. the answer is YES, you CAN use VISS IPL hair removal in face. (like upper lips, chin, and neck). BUT.... the treatments take very much longer than in other part. WHY?... beacuse IPL technology is very slow debilitating the activity of very coarse hair. (for fine hair is quite amazing what viss can do, 80-90% hair reduction after 2 treatments)

I got a month and a half treating coarse hair from face with no any side effect. (at level 5). I recomend you to use in face one level lower than the recomended for your skin type.( only precaution).

After a month and a Half, i can see a little improvemnt on something that you could possibly call hair reduction.
Let me explain this : the hair growth rate is much slower, the 10% of the coarse hair now is fine hair. At this rate of hair reduction i think it might achieve significant improvement in .. like 6 or 7 months. Compared with other areas is a LOT of more time.

In conclusion, i might advise you that if you want to treat face area (male coarse hair), you will have to be quite patient than other areas, and if you are impatient and use higher levels, THEN you got risks of complications.
we have to understand that even the most potent traeatments for coarse hair like electrolysis takes several treatments (like 4 months).

The diference between coarse hair and finer hair treatments, is that finer eventually fall out undergoing the treatment, but coarse hair doesn't untill get finer, and this might take several time.

Regards Neutral

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
So, Just got done with my first treatment on my legs and "Back side". For the most part, the pain was not too bad, but there seemed to be a few spots where I felt like I was being electrocuted and had to have my boyfriend take a break and turn it down. I have very, very white skin and dark hair. I started at a 6 and turned it up to a 7 for my lower legs but had it down to a 5 in the more sensitive areas on my upper legs and bikini line. Unfortunately I also have a lot of hair in areas I can’t reach on my lower back and very lower back. I had to turn it down to a 5 for those areas. I will be doing my arms (Which have some freckles on them that I am worried about) and my neck tonight. I am still worried to do my side burns (yes, I am a girl who has side burns) so I think I will start out with a 4 on my neck and face considering it is so much more coarse. Will keep everyone updated. I am so excited, and pray this works. I am so sick of shaving and being embarrassed, not to speak of the razor burn.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing this gingernoelle, I am really interested in your progress since my daughter is similar to you. Also thanks Portland your information is helpful as well.
4me2have
5% products discount

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious to see how long it takes thicker darker (not necessarily super course like facial hair) hair to stop. I've already noticed in several areas bald patches, hair sometimes just falling out, and sometimes if I pluck it out it just comes out, no fuss no muss.

So yea, I do think it's doing something, the questoin is how long will it takes to do 'something' to an entire area. Oh well, guess I have the rest of my life to find out =) (although hopefully it's only a few months, lol!)
MsPattiePie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Grrrr... my Viss is acting up again! i had already used the skin lamp once, and going to do my 2nd treatment today and it is not flashing! i tried with the hair lamp and it is working.
usually when lamp is not flashing, there would be no beeping after each press of the button, but with the skin lamp it is still beeping after a few seconds even when it is not flashing Sad
anyone experienced this with your Viss?
STONENAL

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:29 am      Reply with quote
you have to make sure the metal part is touching your skin or it won't flash
that's all I can think of...
other than that maybe the lamp is gone, I don't think it's the viss unit if it's working with the hair lamp...
just2envy

Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Oh god i thought the booklet said 2x a week not every 2 weeks damn it!!! so i wasted my time and flashes for nothing. oh wells now i know so far no change anywayz.
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Ho many times did you use it be fore you realized you got it backwards?
just2envy

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:16 am      Reply with quote
i got it nov 1. I've used it 4 times so far but just used it on my bottom half, legs and up.
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:09 am      Reply with quote
just2envy wrote:
i got it nov 1. I've used it 4 times so far but just used it on my bottom half, legs and up.

My update from october 5- november 14.

The hair growth from arms has fully stop. But i can see a litle of shaved hair that has not fall out since 2 weeks..
In legs the hair has been removed in 70%, still some patches of hair in places dificult to put the lamp. (when you dont press enough the zap unit on your skin, there is not hair reduction)
In underamrs the hair has is finer, but still there.
In face, still no improvement.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi, new to the forums but ive been reading over the last month. I baught the viss and it arrived last wed, used it that night (10th Nov).

it seems to be working, tonight (16th) I got some normal wax and just just gently with no strips (just used my hand) tried to see if the hairs werse loose and some hairs have come out so yeh prob too early but seems ok so far
HairyV

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Nic wrote:
Hi, new to the forums but ive been reading over the last month. I baught the viss and it arrived last wed, used it that night (10th Nov).

it seems to be working, tonight (16th) I got some normal wax and just just gently with no strips (just used my hand) tried to see if the hairs werse loose and some hairs have come out so yeh prob too early but seems ok so far

My first post. I have been reading this forum for weeks, actually just this one thread about the VISS. I have not bought one yet, was just trying to do my research. I will probably take the plunge on Monday. We shall see. It's quite expensive, but I am so disappointed every day when I have to shave, and I haven't figured out how I am supposed to let this facial hair grow long enough to get it waxed. I am in my early 30's and this really has just started being a serious issue in the past few years. I have paid for professional treatments, but I cannot continue to pay hundreds of dollars for each visit, and I have only seen results so far in a couple of places.

If I take the plunge, I will for sure write an update out here and keep my results posted. Everyone's results are what is making me want to try this machine. Especially DragonN! Thank you for all of this information!
natalia.szabo

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I too have just purchased one and will start posting results after it arrives! I am very excited!
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
natalia.szabo wrote:
I too have just purchased one and will start posting results after it arrives! I am very excited!

Wise choice, about all hair removal system that is on the market i can tel you for experience hat VISS IPL is the more effective treatment as the fluence density is near from the professional machines. Still... VISS can be too weak for coarse hair like underarms or male facial hair, but this doesn't mean that it won't work. Actually works, but in a very longer period (7 months).
For normal and fine hair works very fast! I can say that is faster than laser
Shock

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody! I've been researching forums on the VISS IPL and chanced upon this one. I was so very impressed that I ordered one.
Can any of you update me as to present skin/hair conditions after utilizing this machine now for over two months? I see some of you purchased one back in September so am really interested in results.
Cheers! Cool
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
ladyhawke wrote:
Hi everybody! I've been researching forums on the VISS IPL and chanced upon this one. I was so very impressed that I ordered one.
Can any of you update me as to present skin/hair conditions after utilizing this machine now for over two months? I see some of you purchased one back in September so am really interested in results.
Cheers! Cool

I bought it on september and stared the process on 3 october
Resuming:
80% hair reduction in legs (still some patches of hair)
90% hair reduction in arms (all hair gone, but some hairs seems to get growing again, very slowly)
20% hair reduction in underarms
10% hair reduction in face (male)
95% hair reduction in abs ( 5 hairs left )Laughing

as i said.. i had middle fine hair on abs and arms, so viss was extremely fast & effective Shock . But in other areas with coarse hair, almost unnoticeable results. Sad

In face the results was a litle wierd, the beard from cheeks has totally gone! , but in chin and under/upper lips the hair is intact... YET.

5% products discount

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm not quite sure if I am posting this in the right place - but it is related to home IPL hair removal. I live in the UK and here we have a store called Boots - perhaps they have branches worldwide, not sure.. well anyway, I purchased their home IPL hair removal system. It cost me £275 - and because they have a points card thing - I managed to get £27 worth of points onto my Boots card..

But anyway, so I brought it home and I used it once.. I think on my stomach.. you are supposed to use it once a week.. so I waited a week and went to retry- but the bulb wouldn't flash... so I took it back to the store and they exchanged it with another machine..

Anyway, the first time I used it on my stomach was a bit uncomfortable and the hairs did grow back.. so at this point I started to contemplate returning the machine.. as it is quite expensive.. and I figured, if it doesn't work - why not get my money back? Anyway, before I returned it a second time I thought I'd give it a go on my underarms.. so I shaved and zapped.. then I returned the machine two days or so later and got my money back..

I forgot about my underarms as I got carried away with spending the £275 that returned to my account.. and guess what? I had like 75% reduction of hair on the left side, and about 50% on the right.. just after that one chance go! I'm guessing the difference in the percentages on both sides is may be due to technique as I was using my left non dominant hand to place the probe on my right underarm... but I think I will repurchase the machine as soon as I can afford it - or save enough points - so its free! Smile lol saving £275 worth of points will involve a lot of serious shopping..

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.. not trying to hijack the Viss IPL thread- but just trying to show that some of these home IPL machines can work
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Aicha007,
Do you remember the name of your home IPL system? We don't have a Boots in this part of the country but I wonder if the brand sells here.
Aicha007
5% products discount

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Sure! Its called Boots Smooth Skin IPL. I can't link to the Boots site, but if you search on Boots dot com you will find it there Smile

I think when I initially researched it, I came across a machine that looks the same but it was pink and white and not blue and white and it came under a different brand and name and it was available in Australia I think.. sorry I can't be any more specific.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |