Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
VISS IPL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
4me2have
5% products discount

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Out of curiosity, what happens if you don't shave prior to using it? Assuming your hair isn't gorilla length, will the heat/light/etc... still be transferred down into the follicle?

The reason I ask is because I don't seem to be abel to shave anymore (not as a result of Viss usage) - I develop some folliculitis every time I do.

So basically what I've ended up doing was waxing teh area, wait 2 weeks and zap it. Zap it the following week. At this point some hair as grown on. So I wax it, wait 2 weeks, zap. Another week, zap. It seems to be working though because hair is lesser and lesser.
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
4me2have wrote:
Out of curiosity, what happens if you don't shave prior to using it? Assuming your hair isn't gorilla length, will the heat/light/etc... still be transferred down into the follicle?

The reason I ask is because I don't seem to be abel to shave anymore (not as a result of Viss usage) - I develop some folliculitis every time I do.

So basically what I've ended up doing was waxing teh area, wait 2 weeks and zap it. Zap it the following week. At this point some hair as grown on. So I wax it, wait 2 weeks, zap. Another week, zap. It seems to be working though because hair is lesser and lesser.

maybe you will develop foliculitis for the first 2 treatment.. until week 4.. then the hair will be thiner and will not cause these problems.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I was waiting about 3 motnhs that viss could work in face..
it simply does not work... I suppose that very coarse hair is inmortal..i recently bought a new lamp catrigde thinking that was the catridge depleted, but... no.. 23J are not enough for coarse hair removal

So I bought an electrolysis device and see what i can do.
Sad

5% products discount

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I would have to disagree about the course hair - it seems to be working on mine, albiet slowly. I still have some hair growth in areas where I've been using it for 2-3months, but it's about 65% reduced and when it does grow it's much slower.
michgirl

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I am thinking of getting this product and this forum has been very helpful. I know that a couple of people have already asked about this but I didn't see any replies. For those females who have done facial hair removal, did you have to shave those areas first? If not how did you prep the area? Most of mine is just peach fuzz and I wouldn't want to shave it if I didn't have to but I also wouldn't want scarring.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Aicha007 wrote:
Sure! Its called Boots Smooth Skin IPL. I can't link to the Boots site, but if you search on Boots dot com you will find it there Smile

I think when I initially researched it, I came across a machine that looks the same but it was pink and white and not blue and white and it came under a different brand and name and it was available in Australia I think.. sorry I can't be any more specific.
Here's a huge thread devoted to the Boots' Smooth Skin: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1526287

The boots.com online reviews have the raves at the beginning and the dud ones at the very end pages. I have a male friend who was considering IPL and wondering if home options are better. The Tria sounds more effective than the Smooth Skin, from what I've read on EDS! But it's much more expensive! I'd even consider the Boots machine myself if I was convinced it's worth it.

From reading around, even salon IPL doesn't appear to be permanent, some are saying they have to re-do their treatments after a few years.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
scraggletag

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:26 am      Reply with quote
gingernoelle wrote:
So, Just got done with my first treatment on my legs and "Back side". For the most part, the pain was not too bad, but there seemed to be a few spots where I felt like I was being electrocuted and had to have my boyfriend take a break and turn it down. I have very, very white skin and dark hair. I started at a 6 and turned it up to a 7 for my lower legs but had it down to a 5 in the more sensitive areas on my upper legs and bikini line. Unfortunately I also have a lot of hair in areas I can’t reach on my lower back and very lower back. I had to turn it down to a 5 for those areas. I will be doing my arms (Which have some freckles on them that I am worried about) and my neck tonight. I am still worried to do my side burns (yes, I am a girl who has side burns) so I think I will start out with a 4 on my neck and face considering it is so much more coarse. Will keep everyone updated. I am so excited, and pray this works. I am so sick of shaving and being embarrassed, not to speak of the razor burn.

So how did it go using the hair removal bulb on your freckles? If it was successful, what setting did you use? My skin is also very light with dark hair, but I also have lots of light-to-medium-brown freckles on my arms, and my arm hair was one of the main areas I wanted to treat with the VISS I just received. I didn't see any indication on their website that light skin with *freckles* was a problem, so I'm a bit perturbed that the instruction manual discourages use on freckled skin.
gingernoelle

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:03 am      Reply with quote
scraggletag wrote:
So how did it go using the hair removal bulb on your freckles? If it was successful, what setting did you use? My skin is also very light with dark hair, but I also have lots of light-to-medium-brown freckles on my arms, and my arm hair was one of the main areas I wanted to treat with the VISS I just received. I didn't see any indication on their website that light skin with *freckles* was a problem, so I'm a bit perturbed that the instruction manual discourages use on freckled skin.

Well, I sure didn't think it would take me this long to get back onto this forum. I have had many treatments since my first in the front end of November. Maybe 4? I wanted to be better about keeping track. BUT, this is what I have to say. It is amazing. I couldn't be more happy. The only downfall is that I am experiencing some discomfort with it that I was not anticipating during the treatment. It is a sting that comes seconds after the flash goes off and after finishing a section like the bottom of my leg I have to take a break before moving onto the next area of my body. BUT after suffering a lifetime (ok, 30 years) of a hairy body I will tolerate it since it is working so well. My arms are 80% reduced and I believe with a few more months of treatment it will be gone. My legs are about 50% and it gets better each time. I took the risk and used it on my face. It took longer for my neck and chin to see a reduction but after this last treatment I finally feel like it is growing back slower and less dense. I used it on the back of my neck as well and find this area is the least affected but believe again over time it will start to reduce considering this was the most dense hair. The hair on my neck is just as thick as the hair on the top of my head. I am also using it on my side burns. Has worked well on the lower ends of the sideburns but the closer it gets to my hairline the less results. I will keep working on it though, it will work eventually, I truly believe it!!! As for the setting.. I started out at a 5 and 6 but now use a 7. I have used it on my entire body (Yes, even on my "Back Side" if you know what I mean) every time and still on the same bulb. I am starting to wonder how I will know when it is burned out? If it is possibly close to burning out since it stings so much now when I do a treatment. I purchased 2 back up bulbs so I should be okay for some time. I really though it would have burned out by now. I am impressed. So, this is getting long now, but was excited to share my experience. I have been waiting years to save enough money to go and get laser hair removal and so happy i tried this before taking that plunge. I was only months away from making my first appointment.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
THESE PEOPLE SUCH AS DragoN etc are all VISS sales people. Trying for people to get their products. These product's simply dont work. Most people on this forum are sales people. Dont believe it. All lie. Its SCAM!!
gingernoelle

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
icethrills wrote:
THESE PEOPLE SUCH AS DragoN etc are all VISS sales people. Trying for people to get their products. These product's simply dont work. Most people on this forum are sales people. Dont believe it. All lie. Its SCAM!!

Hahahahaha, that is funny. I am a real person who lives in St George, UT who never heard of this product until I found this forum. Its VERY possible other people who post here are sales people but I can say for myself that I am not and the product is working for me. it has taken about 4 treatments before I was sold but I am a believer now. I have spent money on everything.. And almost on a spa where it would have been 1000's. So.. Anyway, thanks to all the "real" people like me who post on forums like this.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi all. I lost my link to this forum, and did not receive any emails of any replies, so It's been a little while since my first post, stating that I may take the plunge and buy the Viss.

Well, I bought it, and will be doing my 3rd treatment this week. At this point, I am only using on my facial/neck hair, which has been a problem for me for years, but as I age the hair gets worse. Anyways, I was a little scared at first, so I started the machine on 5. It didn't seem to do much. My second treatment, I put it on 6. Still, I don't seem much results, but I would not say it is not doing anything. It seems the hair growth is slower. Meaning, I have stubble for 2 days now instead of full grown hairs by the end of the day after I shave in the morning. Slower is good. My next treatment I will turn the power up one more to 7 to see how my skin reacts. I don't want to leave any scars or other adverse reactions which is why I have turned it up slowly.

I will post more results as I learn more about it. Good luck all. And Happy Hairfree New Year! Smile
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

Bull.

I am not nor have I ever been a sales person for VISS. PERIOD.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Quote:

Bull.

I am not nor have I ever been a sales person for VISS. PERIOD.

LOL. Most at EDS always take these posts especially by first time posters with a huge bolder of salt! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Fair enough, as I probablz would to be sure....but who the heck has the time to biatch and moan online about NOT getting service???

Anzhoo.....I am still on mz first bulb, and the darn thing works verz well IME.

I am a happz customer, thatäs it, thatäs all.

...and posting from a wonkz PC. So ignore the spelling and other bloopers.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN,

I meant that the post by icethrills accusing you of being in sales, was taken with that boulder of salt, not your initial post! Smile

Your pc is actually rather amusing, gives me a chuckle, I know from your past posts you type better than that! Smile

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new here, I've been reading everyone's reviews and decided to buy the viss.
I just wanna get everyone's consensus here
- are most of you doing doing it weekly, rather than bi weekly? is it beneficial or are the two weeks sufficient?
- is shaving prior necessary in yielding results? like others have posted, I'd rather not shave things that don't need to be shaved/aren't normally, but if that is the best way to get results I'd have no choice.
thanks!
kjane123

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I've been following this forum for a while, and bought a VISS a couple of months ago. I've been using it every two weeks and noticed reduced hair growth on legs and underarms, so I'm happy with the results.

The last time I used the VISS I was getting a small shock from the electrode part that touches the skin, this is before the flash. Has anyone else experienced this? It's different to the small flick after the flash, that doesn't hurt at all. I use it on level 5.
viperfox

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi to everyone on the forum! This is my first post, as I just registed a few minutes ago.

I happened to find this forum a couple weeks ago while researching the VISS IPL device. I found it very helpful and decided to buy the VISS on Dec. 31st, 2010. It arrived on Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2011, and the unit is working perfectly, no issues to report.

Although I just made my first full treatment today, I am hopeful it will work as the others have been saying and raving about after a few treatments.

Just so you know, I'm male and have some unwanted hair on my upper arms/tricep area and my back that I'd love to get rid of. I have been using an epilator with ok results. I say "ok" because it leaves my upper arms with reddness where the hairs have been pulled out. Because the hair grows back, I need to epilate at least once a week, so consequently, the skin never fully heals to its normal skin color. However, in the time I've been using the epilator (June '09), the hairs have become much finer (they were rather thick and coarse) so I'm hoping the VISS will have an easier job, and eventually my skin will heal and return to normal, but without the excess hair growth.

So far, no ill effects to my skin over the area treated today. There wasn't any pain (set at level 7), just a mild warm snap feeling. No reddness, no burning, no iching, no skin discolorations, etc....

Anyway, I'll checking in from time to time to let the forum know how I'm progressing (either "yay" or "nay") in the weeks ahead Smile
deedee28

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I am a new user if Viss and I have a very quick question. Because on settings 4 or 5 I have not noticed the slightest difference in hair regrowth I have decided to use 6. Setting no. 6 has a red light....is this normal?
gbhuhd

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:21 am      Reply with quote
kjane123 wrote:
I've been following this forum for a while, and bought a VISS a couple of months ago. I've been using it every two weeks and noticed reduced hair growth on legs and underarms, so I'm happy with the results.

The last time I used the VISS I was getting a small shock from the electrode part that touches the skin, this is before the flash. Has anyone else experienced this? It's different to the small flick after the flash, that doesn't hurt at all. I use it on level 5.

Yes i also have noticed that, not always though, i think actually it doesn;t happen the first few times so it may be the heat coming off the metal part, doesn't seem to do any harm though whatever it is...
kjane123

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks gbhuhd, nice to know someone else experiences this also. I emailed VISS support about it and got a response to say it is probably just static electricity and it is quite common, so will keep using the VISS as usual. Smile
deniselind

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for sharing so much - I'm seriously considering buying a VISS now! I just had a few questions that I was wondering if someone could answer.

I know that any form of IPL isn't entirely permanent, but I was wondering if anyone who has had IPL done professionally could compare their hair regrowth after the professional treatments to the regrowth after the VISS treatments. Also, the VISS is obviously still very new, but has anyone out there made it through the first nine months/feel that you have come to a point where you feel that you need to do treatments very infrequently? I'm just worried that I will need to zap my unwanted hairs every few weeks or so for the rest of my life, and am wondering if I might have longer lasting results at a medspa.

And here's an awkward question: does anyone know if this is safe to use for a complete brazilian, meaning the back side and all? I'm a bit nervous about that...

Thanks!
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Hrm,

I recently entered the world of laser hair removal.

I bought 2 LivingSocial deals for different salons. These salons use different techniques.

For the one, it was 99 for three treatments on a small area (I'm doing underarms) I've had one treatment with them and am seeing RESULTS.

The other was 99 for 6 treatments on a small area, I chose bikini line, but upgraded to more by paying the difference. One treatment and I have zero results.

The thing is, the difference that I'm paying over the next few months would buy me a Viss.

I am SERIOUSLY tempted to stop paying extra and just save up for a VISS machine.

Has anyone used this with success on the bikini area? What texture hair do you have? I have dark coarse, dense hair.
4me2have
5% products discount

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
After having used it for a few months i've found that the hairs are definately lighter (in color) in the areas I've used it. They also seem to grow slower and there are bald areas all over.

So it works, albiet slowly (atleast with course, dark hair)

I decided in some areas (specifically abdomen/chest) I got tired of using it (I want instant gratification, haha) so I opted to try laser hair removal. 1 sesson and good results so far.

Just 2 notes about ipl/laser hair removal you may not know (I didn't until I started thoroughly research laser)

- if the hair follicle is killed, it may stay dead for 6mths, 6yrs, or 60yrs. So there's no guarantee with either that it will be dead forever

- if you use laser/ipl on the soft, lighter hairs (vellus) there is a chance that it may turn into course hair. The theory is that the heat/light only partially damages it and the hair tries to repair itself by morphing from vellus (fine/light) into course/dark hair. So just a word of caution as I didn't know this and I've seen several people in this thread referencing using the VISS to try to remove the light hair.
jenn1000

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but have been reading through the posts off and on for some time now. I am 40 yrs old today and would like to treat myself to this machine! I've never tried professional IPL and have lived with hairy forearms my entire life, which has given me quite the complex. From the posts I've read, it seems like I have a good shot @ having virtually hair free arms. haha I also want to use it primarily for my face (upper lip and chin). I am fair skinned and have dark hair on my forearms, while my facial hair is somewhat fine because of waxing.

Does anyone know if there are any promotional codes or coupons offered for this?? I'm hopeful this will take care of a good deal of the hair by summer!! Any other suggestions as to what level to use on fair skin would be appreciated Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |