Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
VISS IPL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sarah.november
5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
i tried the skin bulb for the first time yesterday, at a level 3. i have to say i was quite nervous (i'm always like that) as i wanted everything to go smoothly and well, i'm kind of a klutz. anyway! it was quite fun. i "flashed" it all over my face, and i guess its too soon to say for me since i've only done it once... but one positive feedback so far: no side effects! (yet?)

dragoN, do you wash off the face gel, or do you just wipe it off with a cloth?

i'm going to be doing the hair removal tomorrow as i don't have time today and am super excited! you guys do the process once every two weeks right?

Brooke,
i know this question was for dragon, but i thought i'd add my two cents Very Happy i don't know about spider veins, but it's not too hard getting the upper lip section. the skin bulb is the same size as the hair removal one, and like i said, i did it all over my face last night including above my upper lips. i don't think you'll have any problems getting that area Smile if anything, it's a tad difficult getting that tiny section between the side of your nose and your cheeks since the bulb surface is flat. but i guess you wouldn't be using the hair removal device in that area anyway so no matter!
hope i helped a bit =)
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:17 am      Reply with quote
Hello Brooke,

I am no pro!! But thanks.

Same answer as Sarah...I have full lips...so they get in the way Laughing let's see...kind of sucked them in...in a straight line..and then zapped over top. Also...could tape them with surgical tape as it is white and won't absorb the light. May try that for the few little strays between my brows.

Quote:
dragoN, do you wash off the face gel, or do you just wipe it off with a cloth?

Honestly? I don't bother with it. *sigh*...the times I did, I washed it off. Then applied my own DIY serum.

You are going to really like this little machine...I know I do. Just love it.
sarah.november
5% products discount

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:09 am      Reply with quote
dragoN, how many times have you used the skin bulb for you to love it? it hasn't even been that long (or so it seems) since you've gotten your machine fixed... i mean it must be working FAST!!!!!!
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:54 am      Reply with quote
It works for me.

I do the OCM thing, mask, Retin A...all together over the week....and my skin is doing great. It just IS.

The Retin A I have reduced to 2-3x a week. There are a few reddish capillaries sprouting under my skin...Blegh....so maybe in time it will get rid of those. That would be nice...I bought it primarily for hair removal...the skin bulb was just for fun...and if it works great. Now I have two....so....time will tell. Very Happy And hopefully reverse the hands of time on my face.

Let us know how the hair removal goes for you...for me...it has been GREAT... Very Happy
Laurin
5% products discount

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for this thread. Years ago I did professional laser hair removal but found the hair returned.

I have been looking for some type of permanent home unit for a while. I tried a few low end electrolysis units but they were a complete waste of money. I also had professional electrolysis done but felt it left some scarring on my skin, which though small might build up if I had added another 20 sessions.

This looks great! I am excited to try it. A little pricey for my budget but not in the long run. Its only pricey because I want so many things, in the long run it could save money from going to professional services which I keep getting tempted to do.
Laurin
5% products discount

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Also, I noted that there is a youtube describing the process and compares the Viss to the Silk'n and the Tria on prices.

(can't post the link here so search "Viss IPL : Demonstration and Price Comparison" to find ~)

Then if you click on Pedofailed's channel, you will find a before and after one treatment vid where he shows you his results.

When I went to the website they have a $100 coupon if you buy today. Not sure if that will come up for first time website visitors, only, either.
sarah.november
5% products discount

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
i'm so jealous Very Happy i REAAAALLLY want it to work on my skin, and hoping it will. i know the main seller is actually the hair removal device but that seems to be working without a problem for everyone!
you do the face thing twice a week right?
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Laurin
Quote:
This looks great! I am excited to try it. A little pricey for my budget but not in the long run. Its only pricey because I want so many things, in the long run it could save money from going to professional services which I keep getting tempted to do.

That was my reasoning as well. Even if the hair returns over time...I can still zap it into submission. There has been a major difference in the regrowth. Super slow. And I have only been using it for a couple of weeks. It IS worth the money. Calculated what I spent on IPL at the hospital...and could have bought the machine 2x over ...definitely the VISS wins. Two in one to boot. Skin bulb effectiveness I cannot attest to. But...does seem helpful for acne crapola. Right now, my skin is clear. Pores refined and all that good stuff.

I bought the machine with the coupon...and ordered extra bulbs. As you know, mine wasn't working...so there I was: WHAT???...is this a scam? And it was NOT. Read too many other horror stories online ,so I freaked a bit.

I am really happy with the VISS...cripes, sound like an advertisement for the product....and so be it. It is money well worth spending. Saves far more over the long run.

It may be something that is best appreciated after having blown a load of cash on the expensive services elsewhere...don't know. But I for one am very very happy with this machine. Worth every penny. Hope the price doesn't go up as a result of this post!!
sarah.november
5% products discount

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:53 am      Reply with quote
yes, money wise, you're really saving by using the viss...that is if you keep to it of course. i've never done hair removal service outside of home, so i don't know much about the price there...but i've done ipl facial treatments a couple of times and just thinking about how much i could have saved had this come out sooner.....makes me cringe haha.

those who are using the hair removal, i've read over the manual and as i understand it, when you first start you do the process ONCE every TWO weeks for about 2-3 months right? why does it seem like others are doing it like once a week? did i miss something?
Laurin
5% products discount

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks DragoN!

Truthfully I had been looking for a long time at home units but gave up looking after a while. Then I came here and found this and WOW, exactly what I dreamed of.

I feel, some regrowth occurs with both home and professional treatment so having some way to have ongoing treatment is the key.

Additionally in the past, I considered going professional because some places have lifetime guarantee but what happens if you move? You have to fly back to old city to take advantage of their guarantee.

Pores refined is a bonus, but right now I will not buy the skin rejuvenation lamp. I can add it later if I want. Thank you soooo much for posting on this and letting us all know your adventure which ends so well!
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
why does it seem like others are doing it like once a week? did i miss something?

I went a little GungHo....guilty.

I zap as soon as I see something I don't like. Did twice in one week...I don't get red or irritated, rhino hide. So...that's what I did. The hairs that are coming up now, pull right out without any resistance.

I dislike having to shave.,..and now...I can skip a day for the under arms if I want. And/ or zap...and see how it goes.

The bikini line, is clear. This thing is just wonderful for that sort of thing. Re: Legs, I will wait till I need to shave again...then zap and see. Hair on the legs has been really slow, but I have also waxed for years.
Quote:

I feel, some regrowth occurs with both home and professional treatment so having some way to have ongoing treatment is the key.

That was the thing for me, I did the professional IPL and it was pricey, effective but not permanent. I can do the same at home with the VISS and it remains affordable and convenient. And it may eventually become a permanent removal. Either way, I really like the results at this point in time. It's been less than a month...and I am still really uber thrilled at how well it works for me. My hair is dark, and skin is not that dark..suited for the machine. It is not for blonde hair. It is certainly effective on the dark hair.

I don't mind baby fine blonde peach fuzz....but dark ? No. Not acceptable.

Laurin, for me, this machine is simply great. I am / was a total doubting Thomas about the whole thingie but hopeful....and WOW is what I have to say for this little thing. It's just super.

One of those things that I can honestly say, the best money I've spent in a while.

I hope Sarah will keep us posted on the Skin bulb...I have made too many changes with serums and SKB and toners etc,etc, to point to one thing.
Quote:
Thank you soooo much for posting on this and letting us all know your adventure which ends so well!

Cheers....Hopefully you will have the same wonderful results. I really really really like this machine. It works. And...customer service was really FAST...but silent. *sigh* They have an excellent product..I can say that for them.

Cripes...I am rambling. Get it, you won't regret it...in a nutshell.
Laurin
5% products discount

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you DragoN, I have pretty much decided to do it. I am now considering whether to get the rejuvenation lamp, too. I figure, why not, I really could use it too, if it works well.

Problem being, there is not too much feedback on that item. In drs office yes, plenty of results, did a search and the results are wonderful, but not sure whether the home rejuvenation lamp is equal to pro results.

I love this board, people so kind, like you DragoN, helping us spend our money. Laughing Laughing

I will prolly go GungHo too, I like your style, and its one thing we cant really do when we treat professionally, to run back and treat the scattered hair that pops up, so in long run, takes much longer for hair to clear.

Personally I feel it will become permanent in time, as you say. And if not, well, the bulbs are pretty cheap, same price as a pro treatment.
sarah.november
5% products discount

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Sad((((
terrible news for me...
the skin bulb isn't working second try. i was gonna do it just now, got everything prepared but the lamp seems to be defective. the machine itself seems to working fine, it makes the "beep" sound after i click the button, but there is no "flash" from the lamp.........i'm sure they will help me replace it, but i don't know how long it's going to take me to reach them, as we've all heard from dragoN... i'm disappointed because i was really getting into trying my new toy Sad
why why why why!! ugh, i REALLY hope they get back to me asap.
Laurin
5% products discount

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Oh no, Sarah, that is terrible news. Yet it sounds like a defective bulb problem similar to DragoN that if corrected, the rejuvenation part may still work.

Seems odd that two people on this forum have had defective issues with the VISS. And sad that the company is having customer service issues in that they seem overwhelmed and slow to respond as quickly as we'd like.

I really hope they get back to you ASAP too, and want to hear your results from your new toy when it begins to work!
BrookeAnne
5% products discount

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Well sorry to hear that Sarah, I may be late to the party but have you been able to use it at all so far ? Are you able to use the hair removal lamp ? Ooops ok, I actually have been following this topic, sorry for not re reading. So then its a failure that developed after you have been using it for a bit. I wonder if it may be a issue with the contacts between the bulb and the device.

Brooke

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:58 am      Reply with quote
sarah,

Total bummer, I know you have been wanting to use the photo-rejuvenation bulb for a while. I had the same problem...but it was the machine too. So...dunno.

Also when using it on the face it is harder to get a proper contact in some areas with the sensor. If the sensor is a bit out of skin contact...no flash either. If that is not the problem...then it's the bulb or the machine, if the hair removal bulb is flashing fine...then it's the skin bulb.

Let them know though and I am sure they will send you a replacement.

I tested all the bulbs I have here with the new machine, and all are working. Including the one that was misfiring as yours is. In my case, it was the machine. Sad

Did the bulb ever fire? If the machine is not wonky...and it's only the bulb...put the length of one finger and fully cover the sensor and see it fires. If not...bulb is buggered...I am no electrical engineer mind you...

I did flashy thing my face today...it worked just fine on this end. Sorry that yours is buggering up...I am sure that they will respond quickly even if they may not get back in writing as rapidly.

Send it back...
sarah.november
5% products discount

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
yeah, i am pretty bummed out and as Laurin said, that's two people from this forum of, say, 7-8 people? i mean, what are the chances. i suppose i was just unlucky, and will just have to continuously badger them until i get a reply? DragoN, you didn't send your machine to Korea before you got some sort of confirmation from them, correct?

and yes, i'm pretty sure my problem is just the skin bulb. i switched to the hair removal bulb to see if it was the entire machine, but that one "flashed" just fine... though it worries me a bit that this bulb could just...die like the other one any day. then i'd have to go through this entire getting in touch with viss process again =P no...i can't get THAT unlucky can i?!

anyway... like i said, i really want to fiddle around with it, but i had done the hair removal just yesterday and i was planning to just follow the manuals advice and do it once in every two weeks... which was why i really like the skin bulb as you get to go at it twice a week. now...i've got nothing to experiment with haha.
dragoN, was it through e-mail they finally got back to you? through the customer service inquiry? you were never able to get them on the phone right?
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
DragoN, you didn't send your machine to Korea before you got some sort of confirmation from them, correct?

They offered to replace the skin bulb...but that was not the problem.

I received my new VISS with in less than a week...4 days or so. I was rather surprised as you know. Still had the old machine here. I had not received any information beyond that from them...and there it was.

Re: Phone....nope. Not once.
Email them....I am sure they are watching this thread as well... Wink Hi guys!!!

Let them know why you finally purchased the machine,..send them the link again...they will get back to you when they read it I am sure. Also,..cc your email to everyone that has so far dealt with you at VISS.

It's really frustrating when it goes *ploop* and doesn't work...I can so totally relate. The machine is working so far...so hopefully, it really is only the danged bulb!!! wave
Quote:
yeah, i am pretty bummed out and as Laurin said, that's two people from this forum of, say, 7-8 people?

I know...which kind of freaks me out too. Arghhhh...right now mine is fine...and I hope so in future as well. I hope yours is only the bulb...PITA...sorry this is happening to you too.
D.C

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I'm new here, and I'm a guy. Yes, a guy looking through a forum for reviews on a hair removal device. Very Happy Actually, my best mate was talking about the VISS system (apparently found out about it on YouTube) and how he was planning on getting it for his big sis for her 30th birthday- nice guy, I know. So I went to their official website and thought I might get it for my girlfriend for HER birthday which is coming up since she's always complaining about waxing, shaving, plucking...Have I got all the home remedies? I actually love her the way she is, hair or no hair, but I thought the machine would make her REALLY happy. Anyway, all of my friends, well, mostly the girls, have been told about it from my mate and myself, and they are all excited about this new gadget and are considering buying it, or so it seems.

So I looked for some reviews online, and found dubious looking ones on YouTube and then I found this thread. Read through the entire thing, and now I'm really not sure what to do! Sarah.November, it's actually three people from this thread who have encountered problems with the device. Another member (I do apologize, I can't recall who) had complained that his/her friend or sister had a problem as well, though she/he did not post back whether they got it fixed.
I'm glad dragoN got hers fixed in the end, but I'm not too sure I want to purchase something that works well for some and not others depending on your luck :P I'll be telling my mate and the girls about this thread, and I will definitely be following to see how it works out for Sarah and I do hope they are prompt with you. If they are, then I will buy it and if my girlfriend gets a shitty one then I will assume they will take care of things like they did with DragoN and hopefully yours, Sarah. Thank you everyone for being so informative, and please keep posting! I, and I'm sure all of my friends who are probably reading this now, appreciate it.

Dean C.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm glad dragoN got hers fixed in the end, but I'm not too sure I want to purchase something that works well for some and not others depending on your luck

I hear you on that one.

For myself...they sorted it out. They did ever so quickly,...and I was surprised by that alone.

Hit and miss is not cool...I agree...which is really something they need to get under control.

When it's working...it's simply great. No BS there. It works. If it was a half arsed thing....I would say so.

Even though the first machine buggered up, the fact that they did straighten out the situation, and they did so without me sending it back along with the extra bulbs...pretty cool on their part.

It was a tough call for me too...I read the bogus reviews too,..and the really positive ones...and figured what the heck?

Small PITA factor...yes...but the end result. No complaints. Happy as a clam.

They did right by me....and that's why I am quite willing to stick my neck out and suggest go for it. Let's hope I don't get my head lopped off later!

Before I forget, they also offered to fully refund my payment. I had sent by wire transfer...so that was not a simple option. May not be such a trusting relationship if the payment is credit card....the company could get screwed in that aspect as well.
Laurin
5% products discount

Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
So Sarah we are all awaiting the response from the Viss people and hoping they will come through. I think even if the face bulb has problems, I am still interested in the hair removal, but sincerely hope the company will continue to stand behind all its products.

I truly was thinking I would order both, now going to wait and see what happens here.

Welcome DC, if you or your mates order this, be sure to report to us your experiences and I hope they are reading this. I hope they realize there seems to be a quality control problem and that needs to be taken care of for a product to take off. That said, WE ALL WANT THIS PRODUCT TO WORK!
sarah.november
5% products discount

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
"Dear Sarah,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are very sorry about this. We are replacing a number of products and you may be one of the last unlucky ones to receive this faulty cartridge.

We will dispatch a brand new VISS IPL Skin Rejuvenation Cartridge to you on Monday for free and follow up with a tracking number.

Please be sure to send the faulty cartridge back to the sender soon.

Again we apologise for the inconvenience, and thank you for choosing VISS.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

John K"

can you believe it? they responded SUPER fast this time! i don't know if its just me, of course hopefully with others as well, but they're getting better and better it seems! Smile i will keep you guys posted on how it goes, i'll definitely be posting right when i receive it as well! they were pretty quick with dragoN, i'm very much ready to be impressed now!

laurin and DC, i think for the most part it is safe to order. perhaps i really was just unlucky to be one of the few to get a faulty cartridge and just happened to be the 3rd person on this thread to have it happen to! im just keeping my fingers crossed that this is the last problem i'll have to encounter for the time being. i don't really want to go up to them a few weeks later and be like "hey um, it's not working again...?" it gets really tiring for the mind, being hopeful,excited,expectant, and then hugely disappointed, anxious, worried, and then hopeful, excited, expectant all over again haha Very Happy
anyway, if they are true to their word and send it out on monday, i should be getting it this week, so if you are willing, you can always wait another week until i get it, test it, and give you guys a reassuring two thumbs up!
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Excellente!!!

You realize...there are 2700+ views of this thread...and they are not all members at EDS.

Things break down, nothing is perfect...however when it does happen and they respond so quickly...TWO THUMBS UP!!!! As far as I am concerned. They don't piddle around on that end.

I can handle that...they will solve the problem, which is more than can be said of some companies. Pretty darn good IMHO.

And...the little beauty works like a charm.
Win win.

And another little hair literally fell out...yeesh...love this thing.

When I read the rave reports, I thought..*yeah right*..BS....not no more. Really...just awesome.

Having done IPL, electrolysis and all that other crap...I can honestly say...the VISS Rocks! It works. [ and even if you have a problem, the company resolves it very quickly]
Ace on that one.

Good work on their end and an excellent product no matter which way I look at it.
D.C

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:53 am      Reply with quote
That was quick of them, indeed! I was expecting for them to take longer like they did with DragoN. Perhaps they have finally found their footing after a rough start! (or what seemed like a rough start from the looks of the initial disappointed reviews here and there)

and yes, as DragoN pointed out, there's a good chance that VISS is watching this thread which isn't unwise of them to do! But I think 7-8 of those 2700+ viewers can be accounted for by my friends Smile Everyone over here is waiting for that new cartridge with you, Sarah. haha! Please keep posting after you've received it, as I believe a lot of the girls, my girlfriend included, are interested in getting the skin bulb as well.

All in all, a very pleasantly surprising move from Viss. We'll see how they follow through Wink
Molly02

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I am waiting on my viss to arrive, I hope that it is going to work after finding this forum and now hoping like hell that I don't have the problems you girls/guys have had Sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |