Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
EL Advanced Night Repair, the new version by Dr Yarosh
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've been researching DNA repair products today, and it seems the ingredients that have studies backing them are:

arabidopsis extract,
micrococcus lysate,
plankton extract.

(Also the pronad in Nia 24 is said to have DNA repair abilities)

So..some of these ingredents are in the new EL ANR, as well as some Kinerase products, "The Max" by Image skincare, the Remedy Remergent replacement, and Topix SRS serum.

The newer Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex was developed by the former doc at Remergent, Dan Yarosh:

http://www.moodiereport.com/document.php?c_id=33%26doc_id=20964

Here is a great article comparing the old and new versions:
http://www.cosmetoscope.com/2010/04/estee-lauder-advanced-night-repair-synchronized-recovery-complex-dna/

I was reading the reviews on MUA last night and they are impressive! So of course I ordered a bottle Smile. It seems that department store brands now have some products that may be up to par with the more clinical brands that we typically use...

I was wondering if anyone has tried the new version and what your results were?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Oops also wanted to add here are some other products with DNA repair enzymes, the Priori looks great:

http://skincarerx.com/dna-repair-enzymes.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
snowymtn. wow. thanks a lot for finding and posting those articles. I read most of the one on the new formulation. I bought it and find it a bit more stimulating, my skin got a bit red temporarily and it is less comforting and soothing than the original formulation. I tried Remergent DNA serum but found it to be a bit too much for my skin. I have not finished using the new Night Repair but wonder if I can wear it under a cream from another line? What do you think? How do you find the new Night Repair? TIA. Harriet
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
There was a study done with EL advanced night repair skin boosting concentrate. The study stated that it helped repair sun damage. I've had it on my to try skin care list. I posted the article on another skin care forum I'll see if I can find it!
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the regular EL ANR for some time now and I like it very, very much. I always wanted to know the difference between the regular and the concentrate and I've asked and all I get for answer is that is "concentrate" and they read from the back of the box Rolling Eyes and that you get so many times more product... yes, but how exactly would it benefit me?? Will it erase all my lines? Laughing Laughing and again, they read from the back of the box as an answer Rolling Eyes So, since this does not convince me enough, I have not bought it yet.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
good question. I think I read somewhere that it has 5 times the amount of the key ingredients. but I think the concentrate is the original formula but concentrated not the newer formula. what do you think?
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
The last time I ran out of my regular ANR and did not apply it for some time and did not know which one to buy next I remember I did not buy it because something told me it was more likely for a skin that just went through a traumatic event like a laser or something very drastic or like rosacea, which I don't have.

My problem is a tendency to dryness and some fine lines, some hyper-pigmentation too, but is not in real bad shape.

The concentrate is good for 28 days and then you repeat I don't know when and the other one can last you for months using it every day. I just think the regular one is more economical and worthwhile.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just got the EL ANR Concentrate a week ago but off of Ebay. For overall complexion, I haven't seen any changes yet but for two scars on my face it's amazing!

I've had these scars/damage since March, been trying so many products since then. I managed to get the scars from brown to red and was intrigued to try the EL ANR after reading reviews. Anyway, I've had the most progress this week along with an aspirin mask and think it's definitely worth buying for damaged skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:59 am      Reply with quote
White Wolf. It's great that the concentrate works so well for you. How long do you plan on using it? and do you use it once or twice a day? I wonder if one can use it under products that aren't EL? Thanks. Harriet
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Harriet, I've been using it at night all over my face but daytime I put some on my two scars only. I've been using other products with it, doesn't seem to cause any reactions. So I think it's just a personal choice to add moisturizer on top of it. It hasn't dried my skin out at all which is great.

Overall, I am seeing a brighter complexion now and I think I'm hooked on this. I will purchase the regular version after I am done using the concentrate for their recommended 21 nights. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf.

thanks for your reply and it's nice you are getting good results. I think I'll use my ANR (newest one) after I finish what I am currently using and I would certainly consider an infusion of the ANR concentrate, maybe in the winter. I see that the new Lancome serum gets good reviews. so many lovely products to mull over!! let us know how you like the new ANR when you try it.

Harriet
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:47 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Hi Harriet, I've been using it at night all over my face but daytime I put some on my two scars only. I've been using other products with it, doesn't seem to cause any reactions. So I think it's just a personal choice to add moisturizer on top of it. It hasn't dried my skin out at all which is great.

Overall, I am seeing a brighter complexion now and I think I'm hooked on this. I will purchase the regular version after I am done using the concentrate for their recommended 21 nights. Smile

I bought the new ANR (not the concentrate), as the reviews on that product are really good. The concentrate sounds very good. I read that is reduces redness and helps with the skin barrier. I am seriously thinking about getting that now!
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl.

Do you plan on putting a moisturizer over the ANR and if so which one? I have a bottle of the ANR and am not sure what to apply over it. I will likely use the gwp creams I got from Shiseido when I finish what I am using now which I really like but is expensive..the Future Solution LX line. I am trying to use up what I have...so hard to do.

Harriet
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
harriet wrote:
rileygirl.

Do you plan on putting a moisturizer over the ANR and if so which one? I have a bottle of the ANR and am not sure what to apply over it. I will likely use the gwp creams I got from Shiseido when I finish what I am using now which I really like but is expensive..the Future Solution LX line. I am trying to use up what I have...so hard to do.

Harriet

Hi Harriet. I don't normally use a moisturizer, but after applying the ANR tonight, I felt like I needed something on top of it, as it left my skin a little dry feeling. I have a ton of samples to use up, so I will just be using random ones that don't irritate my skin.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Quick update from me, my skin was looking great but now it's back to so-so. My spot looks like it has gotten darker too and that area of skin no longer looks like it's healing. Very bummed about it, almost like this serum was great at first but then stopped working. Anyway, I'm back to using Obagi NuDerm Clear and Cerave for now. Maybe I'll go back to the ANR in a few more nights. (Edited to add that I did have some minor surgery Monday, not fully recovered which could be why my skin looks blah.)

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Just recvd my bottle of the synchronized recovery about a week ago.

Texture is a typical serum, scent is light, herbal, and fades quickly, the feel on my skin is wonderful so far.

I promise to update here, but so far plan to continue the ANR for at least 3 months....stay tuned...

Thanks for everyone's thoughts, please continue to update!

xo

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Well I went ahead and purchased the ANR Concentrate. I liked the sound of the product to calm redness and repair the skin barrier. Once my skin is done with this flare, I will start that product for 21 days and report back my progress.
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, do you have a list of ingredients for the concentrate by chance? I'm looking forward to your updates!

Editing, found one, I think it's for the current version?

ANR Concentrate:

water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, bifida ferment lysate, bis-peg-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, glycerin, pig-60 hydrogenated castor oil, silica, methyl gluceth-20, dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate, glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, olea europaea (olive) fruit extract, triticum vulgare (wheat bran) extract, polygonum cuspidatum root extract, vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract, selaginella tamariscina (spike moss) extract, cola nitida (kola) nut extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, citri reticulatae peel extract, cholesterol, punica granatum (pomegranate) juice extract, sea whip extract, sodium hyaluronate, micrococcus lysate, caffeine, sodium rna, alteromonas ferment extract, pantethine, arabidopsis thaliana extract, yeast extract/faex/extrait de levure, ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol manganese chloride, anthemis nobilis (chamomile), lecithin, linoleic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, linolenic acid, xanthan gum, polymethylsilsesquioxane, tromethamine, carbomer, dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, lauryldimonium hydroxyprophyl hydrolyzed soy protein, potassium sulfate, cyclodextrin, peg-9 dimethicone, simethicone, caprylic/capric triglyceride, disodium EDTA, BHT, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol, caramel, titanium dioxide (ci 77891)

ANR Synchronized Complex:
Water,Bifida Ferment Lysate,Methylgluceth-20,Peg-75,Butylene Glycol,Bis-Peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane,Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract,Tripeptide-32,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,Lactobacillus Ferment,Cola Acuminata Extract,Retinyl Palmitate,Pantethine,Caffeine,Glycereth-26,Sodium Rna,Squalane,Oleth-3 Phosphate,Oleth-3,Oleth-5,Bisabolol,Choleth-24,Ceteth-24,Hydrogenated Lecithin,Anthemis Nobilis,Sodium Hyaluronate,Tocopheryl Acetate,Lecithin,Xanthan Gum,Tea-Carbomer,Trisodium Edta,Bht,Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Benzyl Alcohol,Green 5,Yellow 5,Red 4

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Well I went ahead and purchased the ANR Concentrate. I liked the sound of the product to calm redness and repair the skin barrier. Once my skin is done with this flare, I will start that product for 21 days and report back my progress.

I would be interested to see your feedback, rileygirl. I have always thought the ANR was 'fluff'. Fashion magazines are gaga over it and the beauty editors suspiciously praise it all the time, yet never mention vit c serums etc.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
LOL. It very well may be fluff, but I got suckered in by what it said on the website!
"Concentrated Anti-Irritation Response.

* Immediately begins to relieve and calm the look of redness.
* Helps skin naturally inhibit the irritation that can lead to more serious visible damage.
* Amplified with the potent anti-irritant Amentoflavone."

Concentrated Barrier Restoration.

* Quickly helps rebuild a weakened moisture barrier to keep more environmental irritants out, more moisture in.
* Includes a highly concentrated blend of proven, skin-strengthening lipids, including Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol and Wheat Bran"

I should get it next week and if my skin is calmed down I will start it immediately. I'll report progress or lack thereof after my 21 day usage!
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
LOL. It very well may be fluff, but I got suckered in by what it said on the website!
"Concentrated Anti-Irritation Response.

* Immediately begins to relieve and calm the look of redness.
* Helps skin naturally inhibit the irritation that can lead to more serious visible damage.
* Amplified with the potent anti-irritant Amentoflavone."

Concentrated Barrier Restoration.

* Quickly helps rebuild a weakened moisture barrier to keep more environmental irritants out, more moisture in.
* Includes a highly concentrated blend of proven, skin-strengthening lipids, including Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol and Wheat Bran"

I should get it next week and if my skin is calmed down I will start it immediately. I'll report progress or lack thereof after my 21 day usage!

If this works for you I'm going to pick this baby up!

You can actually purchase this from the CCO (cosmetic company outlet)

I buy my mom's face cream from there and she hasn't had any problems with it. It's just something to keep in mind!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:51 am      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

I buy my mom's face cream from there and she hasn't had any problems with it. It's just something to keep in mind!

LOL! We'll see if it works or not!

I have never heard of the CCO. I will go look it up. Thanks for the tip, SkinCareJunkie!
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

LOL! We'll see if it works or not!

I have never heard of the CCO. I will go look it up. Thanks for the tip, SkinCareJunkie!

I guess it's really called The Cosmetic Company Store. Everyone on youtube calls it a CCO. It can be also called Cosmetic Company Store too.

The CCO are at outlet malls.
http://www.primeoutlets.com/our-brands.aspx
http://www.tangeroutlet.com/

The CCO sell discontinued and current products. For example if your MAC cosmetic crazy sometimes you can find some of the current collection there. I used to be a mac junkie lol.

Last time I checked the ANR concentrate was $65.00. The have the original version as well. I buy my mom's face cream from there because clinique discontinued it!

I've never heard anyone complain about their purchases! If you have a CCO by you try it out! One more note... I don't think they accept returns.. store credit or exchange only... not 100% sure! Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

I guess it's really called The Cosmetic Company Store. Everyone on youtube calls it a CCO. It can be also called Cosmetic Company Store too.

The CCO are at outlet malls.
http://www.primeoutlets.com/our-brands.aspx
http://www.tangeroutlet.com/

The CCO sell discontinued and current products. For example if your MAC cosmetic crazy sometimes you can find some of the current collection there. I used to be a mac junkie lol.

Last time I checked the ANR concentrate was $65.00. The have the original version as well. I buy my mom's face cream from there because clinique discontinued it!

I've never heard anyone complain about their purchases! If you have a CCO by you try it out! One more note... I don't think they accept returns.. store credit or exchange only... not 100% sure! Very Happy

Thank you, SkinCareJunkie. I found one in my area. Definitely will keep that in mind if I end up liking the Estee Lauder!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |