Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Canadian Gals Question on Nivea
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies, I'm looking for the German made Nivea cream in the blue tin. Anyone know where in Canada I can buy this? I REALLY want this.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
MMmm.. Why German? Are you talking about the one sold on ebay that claims to be similar to Cream de La Mer? Does the German Nivea one has a special formula?
My daughter is German-Canadian and lives now in Germany, she is visiting me now in Canada but I guess I could ask her to send me some when she is back in Germany. Is Cream de La Mer really that good?
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
The German made is the original Nivea cream without the two preservatives. There are others made in Canada and I read Mexico but the ingredient listing is different. Its also a bit thicker and has the ingredient Eucerit in it which I believe is Lanolin or something.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
The German made is the original Nivea cream without the two preservatives. There are others made in Canada and I read Mexico but the ingredient listing is different. Its also a bit thicker and has the ingredient Eucerit in it which I believe is Lanolin or something.

Thanks for the info, SusieQ.
I see some American sites selling it online.
I will ask my daughter to send me some and we could compare with those online claiming they have the German ones.

She's back in Germany by the end of August.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
If I don't find it by end Aug, I will let you know. I am putting this in my favorites. Thanks Margrett!
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, Susie! You let me know. I will ask my daughter anyway, I can send it to you ... no problem if you are in Canada also. You know, I just remembered when I read your post (that's why I answered) that my aunts kept asking my uncle what did he used on his face because he had such beautiful skin and he said (I remember well and I was maybe 8 years old) he used Nivea. I will always remember that!

Who knows! it won't hurt to give it a try.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Yes I live in BC Margrett and I would want the 30 ml blue tin size nothing bigger. I just want to try this out. I know its sounds ludicrous to ask you to get it for me, since Nivea is sold all over the place but I want to experience the European Nivea. I see the European brands sold on some US websites too, but they don't ship to Canada.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:01 am      Reply with quote
I did a bit of reading about this, it's the German Nivea which is apparently similar to Creme De La Mer (though I found a Polish version which has the same ingredients), without CDLM's marine extracts.

Luckily I can find it in a store called Poundland here (in the UK) but, no miracles! I use it to buffer Retin-A at night. Lasts for ages though.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=540725&highlight=nivea+german#540725

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ljk. You are a gem for posting this link. I'll check the info out. This is why I forever come to this forum.

I don't know anything about formulating cosmetics. How would a person know how much to put in? This might be worth experimenting with though. I just want the REAL Nivea cream.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |