Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Am I the only 1 that tca peels dont work for?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I have had 3 15% tca/jessner peels and didnt see any difference. Anyone else?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
luvskincare wrote:
I have had 3 15% tca/jessner peels and didnt see any difference. Anyone else?

15% is very low and I doubt it would produce much visible change. (The professional ones are all around 35% and require 1-2 weeks of down time. This is where the real change happens.) Most of the things we can do at home are not going to give major visible changes. That said I have had improvement in my lip lines with a 20% TCA, but I had already done about 4 other TCA peels of lesser strength, and I still need to do a few more at the higher strength for more improvement.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I wonder the same thing.

I've done a few MUAC peels (up to 18%) then Original Skin Store's Jessner's/25% (only once, mind you). Peeled like crazy with that one and my forehead, my worst-damaged bit, got nice, tight and smooth, then back to normal.

I even experimented with Efudix/Retin-A 0.05% Cream mixed together for 10 days (if I remember right. Not recommended without lots of research!). My skin is still damaged at my forehead. Got VERY red and took a week or two before I looked normal. My skin isn't wrinkly, more acne-damage, bad texture.

I read the raves about TCA and think, why not me?! I'm beginning to think it's just a temporary improvement and I need the big guns. But then, the stories about fractional laser are horrific, don't know about CO2.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I relate LJK. I went to a dermatologist and had the peel done 3 times in 3 months and didnt notice anything and I peeled like crazy for a good week. I figured with all the down time I would have noticed something. Lasers do freak me out too and I have acne-damage/texture problems I would like to correct. Maybe I should go for a deeper peel and see if that does me any good.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:45 am      Reply with quote
luvskincare wrote:
I relate LJK. I went to a dermatologist and had the peel done 3 times in 3 months and didnt notice anything and I peeled like crazy for a good week. I figured with all the down time I would have noticed something. Lasers do freak me out too and I have acne-damage/texture problems I would like to correct. Maybe I should go for a deeper peel and see if that does me any good.

Wow, I did not realize you had your peels done at a derms office, luvskincare. Maybe lasers are the only thing that will truly help?

And, Louise, after all that trauma you put yourself through, still no change in your forehead area? I am sorry to hear that.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I've done several at home TCA peels (can't remember the strength) and 65% Lactic Acid peels. I think I peeled more with the LA. I also use Retin-A 0.1% and do home microdermabrasion treatments regularly. Whilst I believe all this exfoliation is very beneficial, I don't think it makes a huge impact on wrinkles. I've also recently had a Pearl Laser treatment but my lip lines are still there. The clinician said that the only way to get rid of wrinkles is to have the more invasive fractionated laser treatments.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I've also recently had a Pearl Laser treatment but my lip lines are still there. The clinician said that the only way to get rid of wrinkles is to have the more invasive fractionated laser treatments.

These lip lines are the bane of my existence. I wonder if even the fractionated lasers would remove them completely? I have looked at photos in New Beauty, and while there is definitely major improvement, at least to my eyes I can still see evidence of the lip lines in the photos.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Rileygirl, we're all experimenting on here in some sense I suppose Smile If only someone could invent a magic pill!

I read some people posting in their 20s about damaged, bad-textured skin, the same as I endured (on forums people say, oh, but you have an abundance of collagen, you have nothing to worry about)! Sad

Going to try Efudix (which is supposed to mimic laser) again in a month or so (which would have given me a 3+ month break) perhaps without Retin-A this time. No idea if Retin-A buffers or intensifies it. I won't bother with pictures as you've seen it all before!

But yes, I think CO2 laser might be my last chance saloon. If I had more damage with Fraxel etc, my heart would shatter into a million pieces, my skin's tormented me for decades. I feel so bad for those who've had a terrible time with it.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I am in the same boat. My skin torments me also. And when I look in my car window in the sunshine it gives me anxiety. I too wish I found something that really make skin texture noticably better. I have never heard of Efduix before. Should check into that.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |