Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

unwanted hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,

When I think of all the time I can save myself of removing unwanted hair and spend it more useful on other better things like sleep Rolling Eyes.

I start to wonder... Has anyone tried any hair growth inhibitors? Like Kalo, Ultra hair away, Hair no More, Surgi–Facial Hair Stop etc. or anyother you have tried, I would love to hear your experiences, TIA Smile.

Laser isn't an option right now as many things are on my list which are demanding a part of my organs Wink .

Medusa
Mabsy

Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Medusa,

I have tried the Hair No More and the Johnson&Johnson lotion that is supposed to slow down hair growth. I have to say that Hair No More was pretty poor is my books. But, at the same time, I have to admit that it might have worked better if I wasn't forgetting to use it all the time. I think you're supposed to use the spray twice a day for a couple of weeks and then just once a day. After a while it became more time efficient to just wax Laughing I also didn't care for the smell of the cream and mine turned yellowy quite quickly. The only thing that I have left from the kit is the spatula, I binned everything else Confused

I also didn't use the J&J lotion as frequently as I should have but I think I saw a softening of the hairs (rather than slowing down growth).

One of my friends tried a spray on hair remover (spray on and wipe off!) and it burned his back. I can't remember what it was called though and I think he might have repressed the memory as well Laughing
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

Too bad you didn't use it frequently to know if it was effective. I have used myself shave minimize lotion by RoC and I used it as noted. I have to say it does help to reduce the hair growth and when u wax/epil etc the hairs are removed easier than with out the lotion. This lotion is great for ppl who shave and have tick coarse hair.

But I want to try something which makes the hair grow almost to zero Angel With RoC lotion if u stop using, the new hair will grow in the same state as before.
I believe in removing hair from the root which will help more to reduce the hair rather than shave in combination with some hair-inhibitor lotion.

...One of my friends tried a spray on hair remover (spray on and wipe off!) and it burned his back. I can't remember what it was called though and I think he might have repressed the memory as well ...
By any chance was it Epil-stop? Cuz I did heard that was a very bad product which burned the skin.

Medusa
Mabsy

Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Medusa,

I don't think it was Epil-Stop. I think it was actually an Australian brand. I'll have a look next time I'm at the chemist - I've seen it on the shelves recently still.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I can attest to the fact that Epil-stop is evil!! I used the rollon version made specially for the face, and it gave me such a chemical burn that I won't soon forget!! Stay as far away from that stuff as you can!

Also, I've used many of the shave minimizing lotions (as directed), and had absolutely no results. But I'm in the same boat as you -- I loathe frequently having to tend to unwanted hair, so if you find a miracle product, please share the info with the rest of us!!

The one hair-growth inhibitor that I want to try is made by King of Shaves (I their shaving gel and shaving spray oil), but I can't find it anywhere locally.... Sad If anyone out there has used it, please let me know if it's worth it.

Carrie
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:04 am      Reply with quote
is electolysis out of question too?
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Yes Lianne electolysis is also out of question Very Happy

Oh come on people, where are you all product junkies wave ?

Medusa
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:59 am      Reply with quote
i wish I could help...i need to fix my zits before i fix my hair
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Medusa wrote:
Oh come on people, where are you all product junkies wave ?
They all seem to be facial product junkies! Unless they've got hair on their faces, I don't think they can help us.... Razz
lovestuff
5% products discount

Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I find that Aveeno shave gel, with the growth inhibitor helps to lengthen time in between shaves. But you have to use it every time you shave. I did notice an effect almost from the first shave.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |