Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Body toning treatment: Beautytek
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
hipplan

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Last week, I went to my first Beautytek treatment session. It was so fantastic so I want to share it with you all. Beautytek can remove fat, tighten your skin and remove cellulites. I didn't believe it would work but since it isn't very expensive, I gave it a try. One session is about 67 USD. I am in Europe.

I am skinny, have had two kids and even with exercise, I haven't been able to remove the "love handles" around my waist.
I've been researching and there are many methods you can use to tighten or remove fat from the stomach.
I chose Beautytek because it doesn't hurt and is cheaper :P

The treatment takes about one hour for me. It reminds of doing an ultrasound, with gel and something rolling on the stomach area. It doesn't feel anything (no heat). After the treatment, I could see that my stomach was a bit tighter. The morning after, I saw more results! My stomach was alot flatter and I can see the contours of my waist (had no waist at all, straight lines only).
I am having the second treatment on Thursday, I can't wait! According to the beauty consultant, I need 3-5 treatments only. I am considering doing my legs too after these treatments Smile

Quote:
The cosmetic beauty systems of the beautytek family offer solutions for a wide range of cosmetic problems in various areas. The cosmetic beauty system devices can, for instance, be used for tightening breasts, abdomen, thighs and bottom as well as for cellulite treatment, acne treatment, scar treatment or stretch mark treatment. A special cold laser (low level laser) is used for wrinkle treatment and skin rejuvenation with hyaluronic acid. Radiofrequency is also offered for wrinkle reduction. Stable cavitation and ultrasound are applied for fat reduction. An impulsed light beauty system is used for long-term hair removal, skin rejuvenation and treatment of couperose, spider veins, pigment spots, moles, age spots, rosacea and greasy skin. All without surgery.
hipplan

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Today, I had my third and last session of beautytek treatment. I could have more treatments, but the beautician says that I look really good now.
After the session, we took pictures again and I could clearly see that I have got flatter, tighter stomache and the "love handles" that I calls them, are gone. My pants are looser, I think I have gone from waist size 28 to 27.
I really do recommend this treatment to everybody who want a tighter stomache (giving birth really stretch the skin out and the stomach look sloppily).
Algona
5% products discount

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi hipplan
Did you have it done in your doctor's or a beauty salon's office? I like to check it out so don't know where to go. Thanks
hipplan

Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

It is a salon.
Try googling beautytek and the city you are in.
Read more about it on beautytek.org.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:19 am      Reply with quote
where to buy? salon? i think not in here.
Cheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Salon?
I am in Hong Kong but I cant find that.
Any skinstore selling this?
zucker

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:46 am      Reply with quote
When Beautytek was introduced around 10 years ago, I tried it. 10 sessions for tightening the breast tissue and another 10 sessions against cellulite.
It cost a fortune and hardly showed any result. I was really disappointed. The beautician said it probably depended on the skin type. She had seen more results with other clients. But the device has almost vanished from the market here in Switzerland.
camille35

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi@everyone!

I am using the beautytek system for quite a while now and I am convinced about this machine. My beautician told me that there is a slight chance that w/ a small percentage of people it might not working. I am going ther on a regular basis and I am happy, cause for me it is a beauty treatment and wellness in one and morover for me it works perfect. When I was looking for a place to get a treatment at first I used the beautytek page where u can request a adress to be treated near ur town. I got in the greater Basel area at least 5 traetment possibilities, so I think they are still very active in the Swiss area.

big hugs

Camille
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
This is the second negative comment I've made today so I'm feeling like I'm a grouch despite the sunshine. I was offered a course of six BeautyTek treatments free. Since I have crepey skin on my inner arms, I chose these as my experimental body parts Laughing

The treatment began with an analysis on my tummy. Huge amounts of the lotion were applied and I was told that the waves or whatever are emitted would cause "deep skin penetration." The technician moved on to my arms and that's when I asked if the lotion contained parabens. The technician said she didn't know. That bothered me so I sat up and asked to see the product manual. Yes, there were parabens, so I cancelled the trial. (I don't mind small amounts of parabens in eye products but large amounts over large areas of the body, apparently penetrating deeper: No. While the evidence is sketchy in terms of increased BC risk due to the poor parameters for the trial, parabens do behave as endocrine disruptors.)

So in this sense I did not give it a fair chance however, I understand that not one of the other people who followed through with the trial experienced any noticeable benefits in terms of skin tightening. I will say that the pink cream that we were given to use in the evening smelled delicious.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Until now, no direct evidence of a causal link between parabens and cancer, however, has been shown. Even if it happens after permanent use. By using it for some sessions, it could be no risk at all.

In the internet there are many sources, some of them of scientific backround, that generally state that:

Parabens are a class of chemicals widely used as preservatives in the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. They can be found in shampoos, commercial moisturizers, shaving gels, personal lubricants, pharmaceuticals, spray tanning solution and toothpaste. They are also used as food additives. Some parabens are found naturally even so in plant sources (For example, in blueberries, where it acts as an antimicrobial agent).Their efficacy, the long history of their use, and the inefficacy of natural alternatives, probably explains why parabens are so commonplace.
Studies on effects in rodents indicate that parabens are practically non-toxic. The American Cancer Society also concluded that there was insufficient scientific evidence to support a claim that use of cosmetics such as antiperspirants increase an individual's risk of developing breast cancer, but went on to state that "larger studies are needed to find out what effect, if any, parabens might have any risk. The mainstream cosmetic industry believes that parabens, like most cosmetic ingredients, are safe based on their long term use and safety record and recent scientific studies. Public interest organizations which raise awareness about cosmetic ingredients believe that further research is necessary to determine the safety of parabens.
In individuals with normal skin, parabens are, for the most part, non-irritating and non-sensitizing.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:50 am      Reply with quote
egal, I am well aware about these studies and have written comprehensively on them. I am tired of the "blueberries contain parabens" line. Roses contain arsenic. It's irrelevant. I choose not to use parabens daily over large areas of my body as I see no point in doing so when there are many other preservatives with less "iffy" effects on the body. The breast cancer link study was deeply flawed and I do not believe the use of parabens causes breast cancer. I use an eye cream with parabens. I don't believe there is reason to completely cut out parabens but slathering them all over on a daily basis in body creams, face creams, foot creams etc., or having them applied all over one's stomach and then subjected to "deep" penetration enhancing is a little too risky for my liking.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
egal, I am well aware about these studies and have written comprehensively on them. I am tired of the "blueberries contain parabens" line. Roses contain arsenic. It's irrelevant. I choose not to use parabens daily over large areas of my body as I see no point in doing so when there are many other preservatives with less "iffy" effects on the body. The breast cancer link study was deeply flawed and I do not believe the use of parabens causes breast cancer. I use an eye cream with parabens. I don't believe there is reason to completely cut out parabens but slathering them all over on a daily basis in body creams, face creams, foot creams etc., or having them applied all over one's stomach and then subjected to "deep" penetration enhancing is a little too risky for my liking.

I don't see why you consider them too risky.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19101832

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:

FWIW, I actually looked at the literature on parabens back in 2003/2004, for a scientific paper I was writing for a class. The very interesting thing I noticed at the time--I think I looked at something like 20 studies, all done on rats--is that in all the studies that found negative effects from parabens, the parabens were applied topically to the rats. (And of course, many of the topical administration studies also had null results.) In comparison, in all studies that the parabens were consumed orally and not in toxic doses, there was no increase in cancer or other disease risk. It really was striking. I want to look into this again in the future, but I post it here, as I found there did seem to be a differential effect in rats for high doses depending on whether the parabens were applied topically versus were ingested. Granted this was about 8 years ago that I looked into this, and I didn't do a comprehensive search of the literature...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hey cm...that's really interesting! I'm too busy researching telomeres and telomerase at the moment to get back to parabens. Thanks for posting Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have a much cheaper solution ~ Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo program. Once you learn the technique, all you need is a louffah and you can perform the NLL massage with any body oil. The massage breaks down cellulite, firms up loose skin and even sculpts and tones the body. When I do the entire routine every day, my arms, legs and and bum all appear super tight, toned and lifted. It really has been a Godsend for me in my fifties. ~ Very Happy Aprile
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
I have a much cheaper solution ~ Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo program. Once you learn the technique, all you need is a louffah and you can perform the NLL massage with any body oil. The massage breaks down cellulite, firms up loose skin and even sculpts and tones the body. When I do the entire routine every day, my arms, legs and and bum all appear super tight, toned and lifted. It really has been a Godsend for me in my fifties. ~ Very Happy Aprile

Gosh Aprile, I wish I'd had some success with it. It didn't seem to do anything for my weird arm skin. When I've got time, I'll try it again Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Hey cm...that's really interesting! I'm too busy researching telomeres and telomerase at the moment to get back to parabens. Thanks for posting Smile

Yeah, I'd like to look into it again and in a more comprehensive way, to see whether it still holds when considering more recent studies and also to see what fraction of topical studies found a negative effect. I don't at all remember what fraction of topical studies had a negative result of the initial 20 or so studies I looked at, but just that virtually all negative results were reported in topical studies.... For reference, I think that most studies are done orally and found no negative results at low to moderate doses.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Again, interesting CM. I have only seen methylparaben in one oral product - one of those nasty energy shooters. Ugh! I received a whole crate of them to write about for a client and they all went down the drain.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to look into it again and in a more comprehensive way, to see whether it still holds when considering more recent studies and also to see what fraction of topical studies found a negative effect. I don't at all remember what fraction of topical studies had a negative result of the initial 20 or so studies I looked at, but just that virtually all negative results were reported in topical studies.... For reference, I think that most studies are done orally and found no negative results at low to moderate doses.

More reading for you, this time out of Europe (for those of you who don't trust or like the FDA):

http://ec.europa.eu/health/scientific_committees/consumer_safety/docs/sccs_o_041.pdf

This information is fairly current (December 14, 2010) and discusses topical application in Section 3.3

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Lacy,

Thanks so much for this! I skimmed through the document and saw that topical vs. oral administration studies were treated differently but only for determining the pharmacokinetics of parabens....but not for determining health endpoints. I think the health endpoints are far more important in terms of determining safety. Did I miss something in the document more to this latter effect... (Sorry, several of the keys on the computer that I am currently working on are not working well.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Hey Lacy,

Thanks so much for this! I skimmed through the document and saw that topical vs. oral administration studies were treated differently but only for determining the pharmacokinetics of parabens....but not for determining health endpoints. I think the health endpoints are far more important in terms of determining safety. Did I miss something in the document more to this latter effect... (Sorry, several of the keys on the computer that I am currently working on are not working well.)

I read through the report but I'm not sure exactly how you define "health endpoints" CM. I know you told Antonia earlier that your review of some studies showed that topical application produced "negative effects" (and some studies showed none) but once again I don't know what you mean by negative effects.

I think it's important to remember that these types of professional reviews examine all the available studies very carefully and reject any study which does not meet specific scientific criteria. I am not sure you were as selective when you did your personal review years ago (although I am sure you tried to be). Personally I have never seen any report which suggests parabens are linked to health issues, but I haven't read many studies or reports on them. I am curious to know what negative effects you found when you prepared your scientific paper.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
cm5597 wrote:
Hey Lacy,

I read through the report but I'm not sure exactly how you define "health endpoints" CM. I know you told Antonia earlier that your review of some studies showed that topical application produced "negative effects" (and some studies showed none) but once again I don't know what you mean by negative effects.

I think it's important to remember that these types of professional reviews examine all the available studies very carefully and reject any study which does not meet specific scientific criteria. I am not sure you were as selective when you did your personal review years ago (although I am sure you tried to be). Personally I have never seen any report which suggests parabens are linked to health issues, but I haven't read many studies or reports on them. I am curious to know what negative effects you found when you prepared your scientific paper.

Hi Lacy,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been traveling for most of the past week. I'll respond in detail later this week.

In the meantime, I did a search of review articles on parabens using PubMed. With the exception of industry opinion articles (whether from the FDA or the EU equivalent) and with the exception of a series of pro-paraben review articles by a particular consulting group that works for industry, the actual review articles I found that were written by scientists in the field are more nuanced and more balanced in acknowledging conflicting studies; acknowledging weak estrogenic activity for parabens; acknowledging possible but inconclusive health effects on rodent infants, fertility, testes, etc.; and acknowledging the need for more research and better study design. I trust these review articles written by actual scientists in the field more than I trust professional industry/governmental review panels, particularly in terms of expertise in judging the validity of study design, so I'll take a closer look again at those and answer the rest of your post soon... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'll be watching too. I find this topic fascinating.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sadly really behind on getting to this...I'm so sorry! I started to pull up some more recent review articles and read through them--I had like 10-15 in total--but them my browser crashed, and I lost them all Sad. Argh. Anyhow, as I was reading through a review article, it jogged my memory that the studies with the parabens causing acute problems well below the LD50 threshold when administered topically only applied to two of the parabens...I think it was the propyl and butyl forms (don't quote me just yet). Sadly, I don't think I'm going to get to this in more detail for a few more weeks. I'm entering crisis/super-work mode at work. This is my last day before things get crazy again, so I just wanted to pop into EDS. I promise I won't forget to get to this in the future! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:53 am      Reply with quote
where can I find beautytek treatment???

hipplan are you in US/ Canada/ Asia or AU, I want to try it; however I am in Canada.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |