Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

8% tca peel - need help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
some
5% products discount

Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:27 am      Reply with quote
hi all.

haven't been here for a while.

i was thinking of buying a 8% TCA peel. anyone have experience with that ?
(i don't won't the effect of a full 20% tca peel that u have to stay at home for a week. i can't afford that now).

i was haveing an idea of spot treating it on pigmentation . for example - if i want to make a freckle disappear - i'll put it several times (in a few weeks interval) on the freckle.

i know that 20% tca makes you peel like crazy , but i thought that with a spot 8% peel - it won't haapen. and i will be able to leave home with no problem. etc.

what do you say ? and what about the 12.5 tca peel ? anyone had experience with the 12.5 home TCA peel ??
does it make you face peel visibly thaty and can't leave the house for a few days ?

and third qusestion .
do you think i can use a 8% or 12.5% tca peel to "make disappear" freckles from my BODY (let's say arms) and not only face ?

thanks all !!!
andd have a great day Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Some...leave your freckles alone!!!!! and don't even think about doing one of those peels at home!

5% products discount

Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
don't be so harsh on me Smile

i thought of buying the 8% peel, and try it only on one spot (maybe even on my hand. somewhere people can't see) and see the result...

why were you so alarmed ? i wasn't gonna try a 50% full face home chemical peel...
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I just think that messing with your melanin is not a good idea. I think you should learn to love your freckles, but I appreciate that it's hard...It took guapaboy saying my back was like the milkyway for me to actually think, yeah, they are nice and part of me. I wouldn't loose them now for anything (even the biggie right on the bridge of my nose!)...Like my stretch marks, they are part of me and my life story. I'm even beginning to like my wrinkles (but not the sagging...still working on that! Laughing )
Liz x

5% products discount

Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:19 am      Reply with quote
well, it's not just freckles. it's pigmentation. left over from acne. and things that make skin look ugly. sorry -it's hard to look at the mirror like that. especially when i know there ARE treatments to help with that (i did a 20% tca once, as you know).

and i don't see much harm.. many here do a home low and even high tCA , right ?

thanks again for you nice replay afterall Smile Wink
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I don't know of anyone who has done a home TCA peel here, though I spose there maybe someone. Certainally when anais was flogging her tca peels, no-one came forward and said 'go for it, I've done it and it is OK'.
Have you tried vit C serum? I found that it really helped with general blotchiness and my skin is more evenly toned under the frecks. I do understand that darker skin holds scaring marks more than light skin. That said, it sounds like you have had some pretty serious skin issues and you want to get them sorted quickly. I think that maybe you are being a little unrealistic about how quickly these things can be resolved. It has taken nearly a year for my skin to change from blotchy, flakey and grooved to even toned and normal moisture levels. My skin back then was pretty regular for a late 30s woman who had never had any serious problems. You are trying to do too much too fast I think!
Try some less invasive treatments first, like C serums or maybe even copper peptides, as they seem to be good at hyperpigmentation. You may think your skin is bad now, but if you mess with it too much, you may end up with truely awful skin!
This site is for scar reduction at skin bio...it's a bit of a crap site, but the info is good and it is a pretty good product. check out their forums and ask questions there!
http://www.scar-reduction.com/

HTH, Liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
ww.platinumskincare.com makes several TCA peels and I think I remember that they had a pretty extensive FAQ section on how to use the various peels they sell. You might want to give them a lookover and/or give them a call to find out exactly what 8% can do when handled correctly, and maybe more importantly, incorrectly.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:07 am      Reply with quote
I think to get rid of a freckle it would take many repeated treatments to do.
Please be careful not to damage your skin. I would also worry about ending up with a white dot/circle around the freckle from product if used as a spot treatment.
some
5% products discount

Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:43 am      Reply with quote
you are right , i didn't think of that .
maybe i'll try on one freckle , on my arm or something.

it seems such a good solution
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Liz -

I've seen references to your "unfortunate incident," but it happened way before I joined EDS so I don't know the details. How did you come to settle on your "Nom-Du-MessageBoard," GuapaGirl? Didn't you burn all the skin off your face or something with a peel or some-such? I'm asking, because Some seemed to be a bit surprised by your vehemence about letting 'sleeping freckles lie,' etc.. Perhaps if she knew the whole story, she'd be a bit more inclined to listen to your wisdom! Besides, I want to hear the story, regardless!! So do you feel like rehashing ancient history one last time for us latecomers?

thanks,
Carrie
Mabsy

Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Carrie - I'm not GG but I remember the thread like it was yesterday Laughing The thread detailing the story is aptly named "PLEASE HELP!!! BURNT MY FACE OFF!!!" http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2156 Angel
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Gee thanks for that Mabsy Confused
My signature was a response to my acid adventure. but guapagirl came about because me and a friend thought that it would be really cool to have a website totally devoted to beauty and that we could call it guapa.com. My name thus refers to that time (we never had time to do it in the end) and is also ironic as I'm neither guapa nor a girl! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Sorry Liz -- obviously I completely misunderstood Confused when I thought it was your user NAME that was inspired by the face-burning incident rather than your signature...I'm still relatively new with this messageboard jargon so I got it a little mixed up! But now your electonic sig makes much more sense! Very Happy BTW, what is a guapa, anyway? I thought it was some kind of fruit, but when I tried to look it up in the dictionary, the word wasn't there...?
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:23 am      Reply with quote
If I can remember correctly from my A Level Spanish, 'guapa' means beautiful, pretty, etc, 'guapo' is handsome. So, she's a beautiful girl. Very Happy
Mabsy

Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:32 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Gee thanks for that Mabsy Confused

Anytime hun, anytime..... Razz
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
If I can remember correctly from my A Level Spanish, 'guapa' means beautiful, pretty, etc, 'guapo' is handsome. So, she's a beautiful girl. Very Happy

Like I said...it's ironic Laughing

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |