Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Fake Bake Xtreme Self-Tanning Gel Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
KarenTH

Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very impressed with this product, having used many sunless tanners. Here's my review:

Ease of Application: I applied FB Xtreme with a damp tanning mitt, my application of choice when using a product with a dark colour guide. If you do a google search, you'll read a number of posts which describe this product as being very hard to apply since it is so fast-drying. I didn't experience this, and maybe my application method had something to do with it; I don't know.

Odour/Scent: Virtually none, and no nasty dha smell either, a definite plus.

Colour: This is pretty subjective, depending on your skin type, but on me this product is BROWN! No orange or yellow, not even a hint. A definite go-to tanner for me.

Cost per use: Again subjective depending on your height/size, but a little goes a loooong way with this product (especially using the damp mitt application method). I'm small-boned, 5'4", and weigh 120 lbs (give or take Wink ), but I doubt I even used 2 oz. of product in one application (I apply everywhere the sun would hit me in one-piece bathing suit). So assuming I used 1 1/2 oz. of product in one application, with a 6 oz. bottle costing approx $30 the cost per use is approx. $4.00 to $5.00 a tan--a steal when you think about what you pay for a spray tan these days.

Just an added note that there's nothing "Xtreme" about this self-tanner (except maybe the dark colour guide, which washes off); the colour is a soft brown with one application, and it layers to a deeper brown after two or three.

I would definitely recommend its purchase. I've ordered the Fake Bake self-tanning lotion as well, and will do a product review on it when the time comes. Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum, Karen, and thanks for such an excellent review!

Did you find that the tell-tale fake tan smell appeared the day after application? That often seems to be the case in my experience, so I wanted to check.

It does sound very good!
KarenTH

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
thanks majorb Smile

I know what you mean about the chemical smell sneaking up on you a day later, but no, I didn't notice that either.

I think the main concern with this product would be the application.

As an update, I applied St. Tropez self-tanning lotion yesterday, just to compare (I was pretty pale). Although it's a very nice colour, I must say I didn't find it to be as true a brown.
gimidalight
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I find colour to be a real problem, as I'm really fair skined I usually look really orange and fake. I tend to stick to the moisturisers that build the tan up naturally. They tend to give me a more natural look, but unfortunately take about two weeks to build up to a good colour. Does fake bake have different colours for different skin tones?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:51 am      Reply with quote
KarenTH wrote:
thanks majorb Smile

I know what you mean about the chemical smell sneaking up on you a day later, but no, I didn't notice that either.

I think the main concern with this product would be the application.

That's great, thanks! I really hate that tell-tale fake tan smell!
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
How long does the first application last for?? Everything else sounds good!
sydney626

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Karen,
Just reading your review of the fake bake and was wondering if you've tried EL Bronze Goddess tinted self tan before and if you could compare the two for me?
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried this one, but there is one by South Seas and it is an aerosal spray bottle but that stuff is awesome. South Seas actually is the preferred tanner of Miss America (or use to be a few yrs back) but this is a must also.

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
artjen

Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:18 am      Reply with quote
This sounds great! Thank you for sharing!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |