Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Acai Optimum Dietary Supplement.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this product? Does it help with weight loss??

Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Everything reputable I have read has said that acai is a good antioxidant, but will not help with weightloss.

I am actually trying Weight Guard Plus, but only because I read about it in a health newsletter I get that independently researches products. It is supposed to speed up metabolism, stop cravings, and provide more energy....I just started this week, so I'll let you know how it goes.

http://www.northstarnutritionals.com/p/Weight_Guard_Plus.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
FYI on the supplement I mentioned above. Here is a mention of it I found on a webpage...the HSI newsletter is the one I subscribe to.

Quote:
Health Sciences Institue’s top five fat-Busting Breakthoughs

HSI is a group of 18 top researchers that collaborate on research and publish one of the best health newsletters there is. Ann Gittleman Ph.D., Al Sears M.D.,Hyla Class M.D. and others are on the panel.

1.Weight Guard Plus - Contains the compound Theobromine, which is naturally found in chocolate. Theobromine is a mild stimulant that increases serotonin levels. Cravings for sweets are often cravings for serotonin. Cravings for sweets will go away if you take this. It also contains what they refer to as the most cutting edge new fat-burner known to science, Garcinia Cambogia. It blocks the creation of fatty acids and lipids. Since this blocks the production of fats the body must burn much more stored fat. There is some caffeine content to Garcinia, which I know is contrary to our efforts to detox the liver, but it is worth a try once you get to phase 3.Weight Guard plus also contains Chamomile which sooths the stomach and ends hunger pangs. It also contains blueberry extract for antioxidant support. Available from NorthStar Nutritionals 1-800-311-1950 One month supply $26 plus shipping.

2. Helix Slim (Jerusalem Artichoke) helps you lose weight and for an extended period. It also clears toxins, diminishes hunger and fuels the development of healthy microflora. Optimal Health Resources 1-888-727-6388 two month supply $40.

3. Sugarest Gum (also know as Sugar Blocker) This contains the herb Gymnema sylvestre that blocks your taste buds from tasting sweet flavors. If you chew it for 10 minutes then put something sweet in your mouth, you trick your body into thinking that sweets are no longer satisfying. If you repeat this several times, you will stop the craving for sweets. Harmony Co. 1-800-422-5518 30 pieces costs $14.95.

4. Craving Elimination Drops. A homeopathic solution for eliminating food cravings.
703-354-7336 www.nutrition-n-wellness.com 2 fl. ounce bottle $29

5. The ALCAT screening test. This test is used to identify hidden food sensitivities that promote weight gain. Available from HSI $297 1-800-981-7157 code M610D500.

http://www.timpitts.com/HowtoLoseWeight.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Do you have a link to this Acai Optimum? I am thinking it's the same product that I nearly got scammed on.

Totally my fault for clicking "submit" on the website right after I had the thought pop into my head "if it sounds too good to be true, don't do it".

I saw a link on a blog touting the benefits of acai for weight loss -- I think it was the Acai Optimum (but the names sound so familiar with the way various companies push acai products, so maybe the company I nearly got rooked by is just a close match to Acai Optimum). Said that for just 1-2 days, you could get a free month's trial for just $1.97 to cover shipping. So I got all excited reading the website and testimonials. I quickly scanned the Terms and Conditions before clicking Submit and saw something about being charged $99.97 for future 90-day supplies. I figured I would cancel my subscription after I got the 30-day supply at $1.97 cost.

Nope. My debit card was charged $99.97 right out of the gate, before I received my 30 day supply. I realize it's possible that I misread the Terms & Conditions, but I think they really do a "bait and switch" tactic on that website. When I saw that $99.97 was "pending" on my cc, I called the customer service number for the Acai product (thank goodness I wrote that number down as I was going through the checkout process), and I told them to cancel the order. They said they did, and gave me a cancellation number. Days later, my money was not refunded. I spoke with a supervisor that said it takes 3-5 days to remove the "pending" status and show the funds restored to my account. That did happen, I got my money back.

Just wanted to let anyone know who was thinking of ordering. Read the fine print more carefully than I did and watch for scams.

Today I was reading an article in SELF magazine regarding acai and it said not to count on results as a weight loss aid.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Today I was reading an article in SELF magazine regarding acai and it said not to count on results as a weight loss aid.

Marci, that is consistent with every independent article I've read.

BTW, I just went to the Acai Optimum and was blown away by the misleading marketing...I am not surprised at all that they tried to rip you off!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Its annoying when companies try to sell the latest/hottest antioxidants as weight loss tools.
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yep Marci having the same problem with them. I hope I can get my money refunded!!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh, can you believe that I spoke too soon?! I logged into my account this morning and saw that $100.96 was removed from my account! They even charged me a $1.00 foreign transaction fee included in that price!

I called them today and again said that the transaction was supposed to be cancelled, gave them the cancellation number they gave me a week ago, and told them that if they don't put my money back I will report them to my bank for fraud and to the Better Business Bureau. I told them that I expect a refund for every dime they took out of my account (they said they would process the refund for $99.96 today, but not for the extra $1.00 without proof that I got charged that amount -- which I provided by fax when I got home from work).

Do you think I should open a dispute with the bank NOW so that there's record that I don't agree with the charge? Or should I give the company a chance (again) to do the right thing?

By the way, a box arrived today with 2 bottles of the product in it. I marked it "refused, return to sender" and I am sending it back to them.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Ugh, can you believe that I spoke too soon?! I logged into my account this morning and saw that $100.96 was removed from my account! They even charged me a $1.00 foreign transaction fee included in that price!

What buggers!! I would give them a week to do the right thing (again), and then let the bank know. But document everything fully!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I can't even get that from them. They are telling me it is nonrefundable even thought I canceled way prior to them taking it from my account. I have reported it to the bank & had my debit card cancelled. I also have filed a complaint with the BBB. I am not going to mess with these people. They will not even work with me on this. I have also received the product yesterday and will be sending it right back!!!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I sent my bottles back with delivery tracking. Cancelled my debit card too. Bank gave me conditional credit for the charge but I am afraid to use the funds at this point.
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:07 am      Reply with quote
The bank called where I disputed. They are not going to cover this transaction. They said the company said they would, but not to count on it. I am still hoping maybe my BBB complaint will result in some good news. If nothing else, make others aware of how misleading they are. I have never heard of a company who will not refund your money when the order was canceled... Sad Lesson well learned!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm confused. Is your bank not working with you?

My debit card transaction was through PayPal. With lots of detailed notes from me, they were quick to give me the provisional credit on my account. The Acai Optimum scammers gave me my money back 2 days ago so I informed PayPal that they could remove the temp credit.

Hattie, call the company again and take names and employee numbers through supervisor/manager level if you get that far. Get the cancellation number for your order and the refund authorization code. Keep using the words fraud, deceptive advertising, reporting them to bank for fraud, BBB and FTC so they will see you mean business Be assertive and persistent on the call. Good luck!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |