Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hi again. Back with one more question(photo)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
{ Moderator: this thread is continued from: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39285 }

Thanks again for all your replies on my last post. I took one more photo to show the pigment discolorations that couldnt be seen in the last photo.
Would obagi work well for this?
I am hoping to get my skin to look fabulous!!
I will also be doing the dermaroller soon with Bethanys help
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Obagi would help, but it is very aggressive and really should be used under a derm/esty's care so they can monitor your skin. Have you tried Retin A, C, and an AHA along with a good sunscreen for your pigmentation?
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Okay cool. I use vitamin c and a good sunscreen and have for about 5 years.
I see a new derm in October who sells obagi so I will see if she can see me through it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I think your skin would really benefit from some serious exfoliation. There are several ways you can go about this, microdermabrasion, peels, Retin-A etc and Dermarolling can also make you peel. All of these things you can do yourself at home - but not all at the same time!

However, if you're looking for a quick fix I think you should consider a laser treatment - I know I've suggested this before to you - but for only a few days down time you will see a marked improvement and it will give you a good jumping off point from which to start other treatments to keep your skin exfoliated.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:08 am      Reply with quote
This photo was taken after 3 months of a 15%tca/jessner peel at the derms that made me peel for about 5 days. I guess it wasnt enough though

I would like a quick fix.The options I am considering is either laser, obagi and doing the dermaroller or a 35%tca/jessner peel. I wont be able to start anything until fall so I dont risk more hyperpigmentation.
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:11 am      Reply with quote
One other thing but you can totally see a demarcation line between my face compared to my neck. I am trying to get my skin back to the color of my neck
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
luvskincare wrote:
One other thing but you can totally see a demarcation line between my face compared to my neck. I am trying to get my skin back to the color of my neck

I've given up on that for me. Sad

Before you do anything, you need to determine what caused the hyper pigmentation...if it showed up after a peel, it might be due to post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation (PIH). If that is the case, you need to be very careful that you do not trigger that level of inflammation again.

BTW, is your pigmentation brown (like from melanin), or more reddish like your skin is still a bit irritated?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
It is brown but I do have a ruddy complexion. I think it first started after my first peel back in 2007. At least thats when I noticed it. My derm put a lamp on me to determine if mine brown pigment was shallow or deep and said its at the surface and not deep. I have been told I do not have melasma by 3 derms so I think its pih that just wont go away.
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
luvskincare wrote:

I would like a quick fix.The options I am considering is either laser, obagi and doing the dermaroller or a 35%tca/jessner peel. I wont be able to start anything until fall so I dont risk more hyperpigmentation.

If you are looking for a quick fix, Obagi is definitely not it. It's an 12-18 week regimen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
luvskincare wrote:

If you are looking for a quick fix, Obagi is definitely not it. It's an 12-18 week regimen.

I agree that Obagi Nuderm is not a "quick fix" but it will definitely take care of pigmentation issues and helps to return your skin to a healthier state.

Let us know what you decide!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:

I agree that Obagi Nuderm is not a "quick fix" but it will definitely take care of pigmentation issues and helps to return your skin to a healthier state.

Let us know what you decide!

Agree, especially reading that the pigmentation is on the surface and not deep. I think the Obagi may work fairly quickly for that. However don't forget if you do go on Nu Derm, you need to continue with maintenance or pigmentation will come back.
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I would love a quick fix but I can be patient as long as I can see improvement with my skin.
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
do you think I could benefit from Obagi vit c kit or should i just stick with using nuderm?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
luvskincare wrote:
do you think I could benefit from Obagi vit c kit or should i just stick with using nuderm?

I would definitely stick with the Nu Derm, as your skin will benefit from the Retin A/Hydroquinone mix.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
luvskincare wrote:

I would definitely stick with the Nu Derm, as your skin will benefit from the Retin A/Hydroquinone mix.

Plus you will also get the serious exfoliation AND it will pre-condition you for any laser treatment you might do in the future. Dr. Obagi recommends pre-conditioning with Nuderm before any treatment that could cause PIH (like a laser or a deeper peel).

But PLEASE get a physical sunscreen and wear it EVERY day once you start Nuderm, or you will make things worse.

And make sure you understand exactly how brutal the process may be before you go and buy all the stuff...it is definitely harder for some than others (I failed!), and you will have non-stop flaking and peeling for a looong time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Iluvskincare

Just want you to know, you are being really hard on yourself. Your skin doesn't look anywhere near as bad as you write about it.

Your feelings are what matter, and nothing anyone can say will change that...just please be gentle with yourself. And your skin.
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of Fraxel myself. Investigate it and see if you think it may be an option.
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Drago N
I am hard on myself in general. I am really trying to work on that. With that in mind I still would like to improve my complexion. I would like to have skin that looks fabulous. My pigmentation issues are considered moderate according to a derm I saw. My scarring is considered anywhere from minor to severe depending on which derm/esty I have seen.
I am going to give obagi a try since it seems that it delivers what it promises.

PosyLee,
I am not sure if you are referring to the fraxel restore or repair. A while back this nurse who did laser hair removal for me had been using the fraxel restore and suggested that I dont use it because what they were noticing was that even though it improved the texture of skin it was causing pigment problems in the skin for alot of their patients. And that it required maintenance.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Your pores are large and you have blackheads. I suggest you use (I didn't read your other post) a gentle cleanser, like Cetaphil with the Clarisonic brush. Use Vivier vitamin C and a facial lotion that is a bit calming and won't clog your pores. Mid day, I would do the process again and use a cell turnover lotion.

As for skin tone, there are two I can suggest. Vivier vitamin C will help big time! But you can use Juice Beauty apple peel and Cellcosmet dual action scrub as a facial mask. For skin uplift once in a awhile, there is Chantecaille Lily & Jasmine mask or Cellcosmet mask or Valmont renewal pack.

Get a sunblock that won't clog your pores and don't forget to use some sort of retinal (vitamin A)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:50 am      Reply with quote
PosyLee wrote:
I'm a big fan of Fraxel myself. Investigate it and see if you think it may be an option.

Several of us on the forum have had poor to bad results with Fraxel. I can't really recommend it. And that may be why I can't get rid of my pigmentation!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
PosyLee wrote:

Several of us on the forum have had poor to bad results with Fraxel. I can't really recommend it. And that may be why I can't get rid of my pigmentation!

There's been allot of development on the laser front lately. The newer Fraxel treatments are supposed to be much better and less invasive than the older ones. Trying to keep up with all these developments can be very confusing - some laser treatments have different names but appear to do the same thing. I know when I was researching into it all recently I found it very confusing.

However, there are now lasers that are supposed to be much more effective for treating pigmentation. My daughter is going for the Fraxel Fusion - which as far as I can make out is similar to the Pearl Fusion - which are both supposed to be great for pigmentation.

The bottom line is to do lots of research (cosmetic magazines are good for this) and to thoroughly discuss your issues and expectations with the clinician.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:12 am      Reply with quote
luvskincare wrote:

PosyLee,
I am not sure if you are referring to the fraxel restore or repair.

Neither am I to be honest! I have now had 5 Fraxel treatments and can't sing its praises enough. True - I did it to get rid of crępey lines that were under my eyes rather than to deal with pigmentation, though it has improved the patchy, red areas of my face too. I get compliments about my skin all the time now. I think I'll treat myself to one Fraxel treatment a year as a maintenance thing.

I know several people who have had great results too. We all attended the same clinic and were treated by the same physician. I think it's important to do research on the practitioner as well as the method.

Have you tried a combination red and blue light? This is a very non-invasive treatment and you may find that some of your high colour is caused by inflammation.

I've never used Obagi myself but have read great things about it on this forum. Hope you find something that gives you the results that you're after.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:41 am      Reply with quote
PosyLee wrote:

Neither am I to be honest! I have now had 5 Fraxel treatments and can't sing its praises enough.

PosyLee, would you be able to call the place you get your Fraxel treatments and get the exact name of what they used on you?
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
It souds like fraxel restore. Repair is a one time treatment and is an ablative laser.
luvskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to thank everyone again for all your support!
I listened. I did alot of thinking about how hard I am with myself and am going to go in for a counseling. I have mild ocd and pretty much ocd on anything I feel is important. I have been obsessing about my skin so much and spending so much money to try to fix. I think about it way more often then I think is normal. I honestly thought I would hear that others here thought my skin was bad. Not to name call but I thought my skin looked similar to Laurence Fishbourne or someone with that deep type of acne scarring that is very apparent. It is hard for me to think my skin could like look that along with pigmentation issues and that I would have to face the world everyday with horrible skin. Thank you again.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |