Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

20 year old looking for skin advice
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
La.Alex

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
So I am 20 years old and can already see some small wrinkles around my eyes! My skin reddens very easily and can go very oily to very dry depending on the weather. I would like you guys to please recommend skin products. I do not know if I am too young for anti-wrinkling creams and do not know what moisturizer to buy since some make me breakout, while others do not seem to moisturize my face enough. In other words, HELP! Sad
ChristopherGeorge
5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Alex, Welcome!

Firstly, do you use a sunscreen? Most people will agree that a good SPF with UVA/UVB protection is one of the most important things you can do for your skin.

You could try using a Vitamin C serum in the mornings. If you haven't used it before, I would probably start with a 10% one. Personally, my favourite is the SkinMedica C + E serum (I believe it's 15% though).

Lastly, Retin-A in the evenings. For this you will need a prescription and others will be able to advise you on the dose and frequency best suited for your skin.

I think these three things are the backbones of a good anti-aging regimen. I'm hesitant to recommend a basic moisturiser, as it just plumps up the skin but doesn't really do anything else.

Good luck!
savannah111

Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:13 am      Reply with quote
For your skin, you can apply the Fair and Handsome Advanced Whitening Refreshing Face Wash twice daily (morning and evening) and Fair and Handsome Advanced Whitening Day-Long Moisturiser on cleansed skin. It's active UVA / UVB filter counters overexposure of male skin and protects from darkening and premature ageing.
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Get a good sunscreen, wear a hat, stay out of the sun, get enough sleep and avoid too much sugar and alcohol.

Sorry if I sound like your mum...

There are so many good product ranges out there - try to find a range of gentle products at a price you can afford.
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Try pure emu oil for your face. Use less or more depending how oily/dry you are. It's an anti-inflammatory so will help with redness.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:03 am      Reply with quote
if you don't have ant lines, you need to use the anti aging products, and pay more attention to the moisture which is most important for your age.
Cheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I m 20 yr old too.
to me, i focus on mosturizing n cleansing
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I also believe that moisturizing your face is rather over-rated. It's better to use products that help your skin maintain its healthy state.

At your age, a good sunscreen should be a very important staple in your skin care regimen. I would use it daily -- rain or shine. I wish I had done this at your age! I'd be in much better shape than I am now.

A vitamin C serum has also been proven to aid against aging as well as a retinoid at night.

I wou ld also look for eye creams and lip balms that have a minimum spf of 15.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi! Im 25, and I've noticed that sometimes, if the skin around your eyes is very dry, some very thin wrinkles will appear. It's not really a matter of aging, what you really need is take care of that area with a good eye contour cream.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
have you finally decide which one you will choose? my sister use the lancome she said it is good.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |