Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Just bought the Vit C 20% serum from Nufountain
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I really hope it works for me. I haven't yet received it. It got good review and they were selling 3 bottles for the price of 2 ($40). Couldn't resist. Seemed like a good deal. I'll update with results. How soon can I see any result? I want my spots to go away.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if Vit C serum will lose its effectiveness if shipping takes over a week to get to me. I just saw my email that the estimated delivery of my vit c serum is next wednesday from the shipped date of 8/16. I worry that it will be too hot in the truck or something which will cause the vit c to go bad. Am I being paranoid?
Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:23 am      Reply with quote
This is what I actually worry about too! I really want to start a Vit C, but I worry about the shipping time?

alot of the Vit C's I want to try have to be shipped to me as I am in Australia!
any advice?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Maybe buy some vitamin C powder that you mix into your cream?

I saw some companies selling that online and it is supposed to be good as you activate it by mixing into your face cream when you use it.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
I really hope it works for me. I haven't yet received it. It got good review and they were selling 3 bottles for the price of 2 ($40). Couldn't resist. Seemed like a good deal. I'll update with results. How soon can I see any result? I want my spots to go away.

If you store it in the fridge it will help it last longer.

It can take a few months for improvement in hyperpigmentation.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
well, i received the 3 bottles of my 20% vit C w/o delay last Sat. It took 5 days to get to me. The vendor was nice when I emailed them about my concern telling me it should be fine, but if the product was destroyed in the heat during shipping, they would replace it for me. I think it's ok since when I opened it, the liquid is clear, not yellow or amber. I tried applying it that night and felt something on my skin, so even though it looked just like water, it definitely got l-ascorbic acid in it. Also, my skin seemed to tighten in response to the vit c i applied. I hope it works. I'm looking for the even skin tone effect.
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Natalyn! Do you know if NuFountain posts to Portugal? I was really interested in the %20 vitamin C serum Smile

Thanks
babybebe
5% products discount

Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn, the price u bought yr vit C serum is good deal.
please review..after u had tried them. Smile
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
lisocas wrote:
Hi Natalyn! Do you know if NuFountain posts to Portugal? I was really interested in the %20 vitamin C serum Smile

Thanks

Hi Lisocas,

I really don't know if they will mail it to Portugal. However if you go to Amazon and email Nufountain this question, they will get back to you quickly. When I emailed them about my concern that the Vit C serum might oxidize during shipment in this heat, they emailed me back in less than 24 hours. So they seem responsive to me. I also emailed them for recommendation before I made the purchase, and they also wrote me back quickly. This is why I decided to try them. Plus since they're associated with amazon, it helps to make me feel a bit better to do business with them.

I can also email them for you if you want. I don't mind.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
babybebe wrote:
Natalyn, the price u bought yr vit C serum is good deal.
please review..after u had tried them. Smile

Hi Babybebe,

I really like this vit c serum so far. I try to follow all the instructions. I keep the bottle in my bathroom medicine cabinet. The other two spare bottles are kept in a dark closet. I almost put them in a fridge, but then read the instruction not to do that since it requires 60 degrees and fridge is too cold.

I have tiny fine lines under my eyes. When I apply the vit c serum on them, i feel it helps to soften the lines. It could just be my imagination, or maybe just the liquid in the serum, but it really does seem these lines get better.

I also like how my skin feels tight after the application. I use it all over my face even on my eyelids. It stings my lids a little.

I use it morning and night. This is pretty much the only thing I use right now plus sunscreen. I ran out of Retin A. I'm waiting for my new shipment of it.

So anyway that's my mini review. I really don't know if there's supposed to be any more results from using Vit C. I hope with long term usage, it might help with evening skin tone or lightening the spots. But if not, I still like it and will continue to use it since my complexion seems bright using the vit c serum.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi - Does anyone shake your Vit C Serum before you open the bottle to apply it? I haven't been shaking the bottle, but wonder if the L-Ascorbic will separate and stay at the bottom of the bottle, so I only get water when I apply the C.

Also I notice a little bit of crystals forming on the applicator tube inside the bottle. Is this normal?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |