Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Clarisonic Brush or DermaWand or both????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
deeisme

Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have lurked for months and have learned so much from the ladies that post here regularly. I am not a gadget junkie, mostly because I simply can't afford to be.

I have three daughters, 1 with mild acne, 1 with moderate acne & sensitive skin, & 1 with mild acne & blackheads on her nose that refuse to budge. I have been considering the Clarisonic Brush and/or the DermaWand, for myself as well as my daughters.

I can see where the Clarisonic Brush might be beneficial for cleansing the skin and in particular for my daughter with blackheads. (It would be nice to see something get rid of those for her.) I have a DermaWand that we have been trying out and it seems to help with the acne and claims to help exfoliate the skin but I don't know how helpful it will actually be for blackheads.

I have not yet purchased a Clarisonic Brush. I have wondered if using both items might be too much exfoliation and stress the skin, making things worse in time?

Even though they have seen improvement with their acne using the DermaWand, I suspect my girls will eventually tire of using it regularly and then only use it when they have breakouts rather than as a preventive measure. I think the Clarisonic Brush might make more sense to them and be something they would use more consistently. But I could be wrong. That has been known to happen once or twice. Very Happy

For me, I have mild hormonal acne and have seen good improvement while using the DermaWand but I also have some blackheads and wondered about using a Clarisonic Brush as well. I don't want to stress my skin either and hope to see toning improvements with either the DermaWand or Clarisonic Brush or both. The science behind both products makes sense to me and while they technically do different things and use different processes, there is some overlap as far as stimulating the skin & exfoliation etc.

There are so many ladies here with much more experience with these gadgets than I have. I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with these tools and if using them together is a good or bad idea.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use both with great improvement to my skin. I am very dedicated and consistent with my routine because I want to maintain good skin once I've achieved it.

You can't force your girls to be that way if it is not in them to be like that.

Using DermaWand only when they have breakouts only is fine. I've done that for emergency basis on high frequency and it worked. Maybe they will have a red spot, but that is a lesson for them to learn that if they are on top of it and use the lower frequency on regular basis, they would not have to address the red skin patches.

It appears that everyone seem to think that Clarisonic is an exfoliator. It is not. What is does is a very good cleaning job of removing dirt. You can obtain sensitive skin if the regular cleanser you've been using for years with your new added routine of the Clarisonic. Clarisonic help do the deep cleaning and more gentler cleanser is needed. Also, you will need to apply less of your anti-aging serums and lotions due to the fact that less effort is needed because your skin is cleaner. I personally don't like to use toners anymore because my Clarisonic does a great job. Same with DermaWand. I find that it disinfects, stimulate the infection under your skin, so that the acne can heal.

I really hope this helps.
deeisme

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for your input. You say that you used to use both products? Do you not use them now? Did you use them both at the same time?

I do think I am leaning toward having both gadgets as I can see benefits to both. Now, I guess it is going to come down to which Clarisonic Brush to buy.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have and use both. I use the dermawand a few times a week, the clarisonic daily. Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:49 am      Reply with quote
I don't own a DermaWand anymore. It was left behind or got lost during my move that I had...two in one year and never unpacked everything. Also, I don't have acne breakouts and I use Juice Beauty peel once in awhile (I use it after I suffered from a flu) for my skin tone or Chantecaille Lily & Jasmine mask (just as good as Valmont famous mask here and Cellcosmet).
deeisme

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:31 am      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll, have you come across any issues with your skin being sort of over stimulated? Have you had to find a balance between the use of both things or has the frequency of use been more a matter of personal preference?
Cheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I am now using Clarisonic with Philsophy cleasing gel.
My skin is quite oily and I had acens on my face before I use.
after using Clarisonic, my skin gets so much better!
I think Clarisonic is worthy to invest for oily skin!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm seriously thinking that I should buy another one!

I wish they would make it so that you can charge the battery and not worry about finding a plug in when travelling.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have had no issues using both machines. The clarisonic is more for cleansing, the dermawand helps my products penetrate more imho. (they do different things, hths) Very Happy
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I really should buy another one and wish I still had my old one. I would like to use it on my body also. Maybe DermaWand will make larger ones that will cover body parts.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I think a Clarisonic would be an excellent choice for you and your daughters. In fact, NCNproskincare has a Pretika that is much cheaper than a Clarisonic and just as effective. I DO think it offers tremendous cleansing ability and exfoliation. It's also great for product penetration; it prepares the skin for topicals that you may use.

I believe the Pretika costs about $41.00 at ncnproskincare.com. I would check it out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
I think a Clarisonic would be an excellent choice for you and your daughters. In fact, NCNproskincare has a Pretika that is much cheaper than a Clarisonic and just as effective. I DO think it offers tremendous cleansing ability and exfoliation. It's also great for product penetration; it prepares the skin for topicals that you may use.

I believe the Pretika costs about $41.00 at ncnproskincare.com. I would check it out!

kims, how do u know that Pretika is just as effective as Clarisonic? The price difference is huge.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi RussianSunshine,
I have both! Essentially, they both are effective cleansers (much better than a washcloth, in my opinion) and great at exfoliation. Both have timers and differing levels: Clarisonic has 4, and the Pretika has 2.

My daughters and I all use them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:37 am      Reply with quote
I live in UK and bought a TresSonic in QVC for approx £35 and its brilliant - I think the cheaper version of the Clarisonic works v. well.
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I was seriously considering getting a Pretika from NCN. Nanci said it was as good as Clarisonic I think, but then I saw some bad comparisons with the Clarisonic and I just couldn't decide.
http://truthinaging.com/treatments/pretikas-knock-off-clarisonic-brush

I want to start face brushing soon so I think I will leave out one of these for now as it might be a bit much abrasion.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |