Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Eye cream that won't cause milia?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Casablanca

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:30 am      Reply with quote
my under eyes are really prone to milia and every time i try a new eye cream i get more milia.

i haven't used an eye cream for awhile cause i don't want more milia but my under eyes are super dry.

does anyone know a good eye cream that hydrates and wont cause more milia?

thanks in advance
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:18 am      Reply with quote
yes, you should stop for a while. And you can use some gel, i use the ismoers 3000for eyes, it is good for me.
Liu Yueyue

Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:15 am      Reply with quote
May be you can try the body shop unperfumed elderflower eye gel. It is suit for all skin types and is very debonnaire. It is said that the ranee danna Diana Spencer like it very much. Smile
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I like Olay eye gel,
it is the cheapest one of that brand and is quite light and no fragrance.

For skin that is not super dry or daytime it is good.

At Walmart it is also $10 Smile
which is really good and surprizing!

it is hard to find sometimes as they seem to promote the more expensive olay eye creams at other stores.

this is one that is in the original black packaging..been around quite a few years.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Juara has an eye cream that didn't cause any milia for me. It was somewhat moisturizing, but other than that, did nothing for my under eye lines. I'm still on the hunt...

5% products discount

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
any good eye cream to recommend for preventing dark circles?
leesmith

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
as an esty I give an eye serum ( i like A Natural Differences cobra eye serum for eyelid and under eye ( that soft delicate area) it really helps soothe, tighten and strengthen the eye tissue. Most eye creams cannot be applied above the orbital bone and can cause milia because they are too heavy.
Betsie

Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:22 am      Reply with quote
My eyes are allergic to just about all products. I've finally found an eye cream I can tolerate: Eucerin Q10 eye cream. It only has SPF5 but it's better than nothing.

Proper eye creams are not supposed to run once they are applied, which is why they are more expensive than face creams, but many of them do, I've found. The Eucerine seems ok.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I used to get milia terribly. I use the IS Clinical Youth Complex or Eye Complex. They are very light, non-occlusive, effective, and you need the teeniest bit so they last a very long time.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hey all,

i've recently been doing a bit of research on this myself, i have just this minute joined the site and it's my first post so hope it's helpful.

I'm a 26yr old guy, and as you can imagine guys don't often know about skincare etc, it's kind of a new generation thing 'men and skincare'...so anyway i've had dark undereye circles since my late teens and in them are these small bumps, which it turns out are milia.

They are tiny (not like most of the photo's you will find if you google image search 'milia'), smaller than a pinhead but quite a few of them all together.

After some research i've found the cause (correct me if i'm wrong here) to be a number of things, such as moisturizers, oily shower gels, makeup, general self produced grease (if you are prone to greasy skin) etc, clogging up the pores of this soft skinned area.

Non comedogenic moisturizers should be used around the eyes and any other other area's prone to clogging.

I've recently just splashed out on an eye cream from a company called Yon-Ka (I understand a few people on this site already know of their products well). The eye cream I bought was the phyto-contour cream for eyes which supposidly helps to dissolve protein/whatever is trapped in the pores.

As well an enzymatic exfoliation lotion/cream will help, I haven't done this stage as I could only afford the eye cream for now, but I have been using a gentle soap free facial wash by Simple that really cleans the area of any greasy feel and leaves it feeling dry and un-moisturized (which to me is good, as you know there is nothing on the skin that can clog the pores), then I apply the Yon-Ka cream. I do this morning and night (being a typical guy, i haven't ever done this, just washed and moisturized AM then all good til the next day lol).

The cream itself feels quite greasy but if it's been said to work then i'm happy to try it.

Hope my essay of a contribution helps a little Laughing

Kevin Smile
sillybugs

Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I second the Isomers recommendation. I've been using it for about 3 months and so far no new milia for me. I have quite a few already Sad
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |