Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help with formulation and order of application
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MoxieMama
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I tried DIY years ago and had horrible luck, I basically threw everything together in a jar and was quite dissapointed! So, this time I want to do it right. I want to do something effective but do not want to go overboard and there is a fine line there, I usually end up going way overboard out of excitement in trying something new.
I have hyperpigmentation that covers about half my face and due to health issues my face has aged a decade in the past 6 months. I am hoping to reverse some of the damage.
I have a Quasar Sp and a Prolight is on its way to me...Thanks to Skippie!! The actives I would like to use are...

C E Ferulic in HA
Greet Tea Extract and copper peptides in HA...to use with my Quasar(considering Green Tea Serum from NCN Professional, and adding in CP)

Other ingredients I want to incorporate but am still researching to see how best to use in a mixture or how best to layer are...
SkinTight AP (from MakingCosmetics)
Encapsulated CoQ10
Mandelic Acid
Dermagen (Skin Actives)
Natural Active Peptides (Skin Actives)
Resveratol
Niacinamide & Glucosamine (would love to find the type of Niacinamide that Nia24 uses)
Decorinyl (Lotion Crafters)
100% Pure Pearl Powder (NCN Professional)

Already mixed...
Lemon Peel Bioferment (NCN Professional)

I am willing to buy a product already mixed but will not buy anything with parabens or toxins which is why I thought it would be best to make it myself. But if there is a fairly priced product out there that incorporates many of these actives that is paraben free that someone can recommend that is fine too.

I have looked through the DIY threads and found a recipe for the CE Ferulic and also the Green Tea.

Any recipe help/recommendations/application order...am vs pm...basically any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. I don't really know what can be mixed with what, etc.
Thanks!!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Moxie,

Just a few thoughts from me:

You should use your C E Ferulic and Green Tea Extract/CPs at opposite ends of the day.

For the actives you listed, I would probably buy a base cream and add them to it. I personally like the vegetarian base that Garden of Wisdom sells but there are many more. Skinactives also has a canvas base which is nice.

Are you wanting the pearl powder from NCN to take internally? If not, purchase it elsewhere (TKB Trading is a good site for this). It's cheaper at other sites and you get more.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skippie, thanks for the thoughts. Very Happy

I will use the CE Ferulic in the morning and the green tea/cp serum when I use my quasar, probably in the evening 2 or 3 times a week.

I was thinking I would like a serum rather than a cream, my face tends to get extremely oily if I use too much cream and I know I will want to slather this on, lol! However, I am running out of my Origins Starting Over Cream so I may try to incorporate a few of the ingredients into a cream, I'll check out the GoW base cream you recommended to replace the Origins.

I had considered taking the pearl powder internally, not too sure about that yet. It still seems strange to me. Maybe I'll start with topical and work from there, thanks for the names of the cheaper supplier!
Thanks again!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Moxie,

You can make a great and simple nice thin serum for use with your LED's with;

- green tea
- resveratol
- peptides

and just put your desired concentration of actives in a base of fresh aloe gel, mixed 50/50 with distilled water. The thinner the better for LED use (IMO), and the aloe gel is a pretty good penetration enhancer.

If you just do this up once a week (an oz at a time) and keep refrigerated, you can forego preservatives and other ingredients that might interfere with your LED treatments.

Get yourself a nice aloe plant if you don't have one already. Snip off a leave at the bottom of the plant, stand it in the sink (cut end down) to drain the bitter yuk out, then just cut a few inches off the stalk, slit it open, and just take out the gel. The remainder of the stalk will last about 10 days refrigerated.

A bit off topic, but don't forget to gently exfoliate on a regular basis, to really get the best out of your LED treatments.

I hope you have a better time this time around on the DIY journey. Just an FYI; if I knew then what I know now, I would have went a lot slower, and introduced/learned just a couple of actives at a time. (The last line in my signature, reflects what I learned the hard way.. Laughing )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
MoxieMama
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy, I will definitely exfoliate. I bought a little home microderm machine that works pretty good and I have a few chemical exfoliators too.

I have already begun researching as you suggested in your pm and I am starting to think I can get the hang of this...I just need to go slow like you said!! Wink

Thanks again!!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |