Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How to make up primitively?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Liu Yueyue

Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I have never make up. Would you please tell me how to make up primitively? It is better not too much complex. The result appear naturally. Maybe could you recommend some products?
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
A light foundation or tinted moisturizer will help to even out skin tone while still giving a natural look. Lots of people like powdered mineral makeup for that purpose. Laura Mercier makes a tinted moisturizer that can be applied sheerly, too.

A bit of lip color can make your face come alive. I would recommend a shade of pinky-mauve close to your natural lip color. Sheer lipsticks look less obvious than matte or shimmery ones. If you want to add blush on your cheeks, use a very, very light hand so that it is barely visible.

Eyeliner in dark brown can help to emphasize your eyes while being subtle. (Black can sometimes look too harsh.) Gel eyeliner is easy to use (MAC and Bobbi Brown both make popular ones, or you can use an eyepencil for the same purpose. (Julie Hewett makes great eyelining pencils, and can be ordered from EDS.) A little bit of mascara on the lashes can also help, too.

So--easy does it. Use makeup lightly, make sure the colors are subtle, and be sure to apply your makeup with good lighting so you can see that it isn't overdone. As you practice and get used to seeing yourself with makeup, you might experiment with bolder looks.

It's supposed to be fun, so just play with it and see how you like it. Remember, you can always wash it off!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Find the nearest Sephora (or if there isn't a Sephora, a decent department store with a makeup counter) and ask the sales associate to help you. You may not want to buy everything she shows you, but that should give you a good feel for what you like and what has the most positive effect.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I personally think starting with a great foundation -- probably mineral make-up (loose powder) would be a great beginning.

Also, make sure you are using a high-quality sunscreen as well. I prefer a physical one rather than a chemical one. For me, this is key in keeping the sun damage at bay.

I like Jane Iredale's mmu as well as one from NCNProskincare. They're both easy to use and cover very nicely without feeling too "heavy."

I also like the other member's suggestions of using a light lip gloss and a dewy blusher. It sounds like you'd like to look as natural as possible. One of my favorite blushes is by Bonne Bell and it's very inexpensive and can be purchased at most local drug stores.

A nice (and inexpensive) mascara by Almay can top off your look.

You might have to experiment a bit with some of the products to see what works for you, but have fun and enjoy the process!

Smile

ETA: For me, some of my more expensive items are my foundation (mmu) and sunscreen. I won't pinch pennies where these two are concerned.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend Lauren Hutton's face disc with the dvd which has very explicit instructions. It is very compact and the instructions are simple. You can also buy brushes which correspond to the various makeups that are in the disc(concealors, blush, eyeliner, eyebrows, etc. Do as much or little as you want; very easy.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |