Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anybody DIY this?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Matrixyl and Matrixyl 3000

Want to make this up for my mom.

Am pricing the peptides now, and see what that comes up with.

Idea:

H20 and SKB as base.
Aloe vera gel [ maybe not depends on consistency], glycerin, pomegranate extract,
Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, tween #20, Vit E,Green Tea and EGCG, Idebenone

Mom's skin is super dry, sensitive and dehydrated...and she is gladly trying my concoctions and they are working for her. Problem is, she is lazy about it, so I want to put something together that is simple and effective.

Thoughts and criticisms are appreciated.
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Some people have used peptides in their skin creams. I personally have used Matrixyl 3000 and I thought it was worthless.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Here are a couple of recipes with Matrixyl that Kassy posted a while back. I had bookmarked them since I've wanted to do a serum with Matrixyl, but as of yet, I haven't. Maybe you can modify one of these for what you want:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=418749#418749

Your ingredients sound interesting. What is "tween #20"?

I prefer aloe gel over glycerin myself.

Let us know how it turns out.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Shastagirl.

Will look further into it and also sourcing for decently priced actives.

I also prefer aloe...but mom is super dry...I'll go easy on the glycerine.

Wondering if anybody knows of any bad interactions with idebenone, glucosamine and niacinimide. Would like to add those in, as multiple serums my mom will sort of not bother and forget about. She's not consistent with skin care whatsoever.

Haven't found any info's so far.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Jeeez, it's been so long since I used Matrixyl 3000.

I think I got mine at Cellbone, and the recommended dose to add to DIY was 10% concentration. I haven't purchased it in ages though, so I'm not sure if it's the same product. I don't recall what it was preserved/mixed with.. Confused

Based on many things I've read, 'peptides' are supposed to be great. Can't say I noted any improvements that I could relate to 'peptide' use in my skin one way or the other. But with that said, I also don't have problematic or wrinkled skin, so I wouldn't really be able to give you a before and after (use) comparison.

What I can tell you with 100% certainty, is that it doesn't do a lick for 'sag'... Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN - You need to know Kassy is the reigning queen of DIY here on EDS and I remember when.... she started. However I too have forgotten about her Matrixyl recipes. I do remember Kass using Cellbone.
TO Kassy - isn't Matrixyl supposed to be for sag? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Not Kassy but here is the claim of Matrixyl 3000....

Matrixyl 3000 (Palmitoyl Oligopeptide and Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7) uses 2 matrikines to synergistically send messengers to reconstruct damaged collagen.

* Matrixyl diminishes wrinkles by 45% 
* Lifts and firms the skin 
* Restores skins youthful appearance

Recommended usage rate 3 to 8%

http://www.skin-perfection.com/store/store.php/products/matrixyl

HTH Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies, thank you. I know Kassy_A is the reigning queen...and I am just a lowly subject Wink ...learning..and hopefully not one of the more stupid students Laughing although I sure do have my days

Wanting to come up with something with some real...oomph behind it for mom. *sigh* She has deep wrinkles...and something to make that less so would be nice.

Sold her on SKB already....she'll give it a shot...and she'd better. She's got a kilo coming her way! She is Not a skin care person. BUT....she is doing some of this stuff and liking it...so what the heck? It's fun for me, and I can practice for defending from looking my age Very Happy *snort* That I remain a battle ax is beside the point....

http://www.grantinc.com/news/bioactivepeptides.pdf

Interesting article...and am pricing some of those actives with producers....just for my own amusement.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Shock Sisareno, I'm gonna clobber you Shock Laughing Laughing Laughing Image

I'm nothing more than the "reigning", I love DIY and can't help shouting it out to anyone who will listen "queen" Embarassed

I've learned so much from so many members here at EDS, and I especially love all the sharing in the DIY threads. Just being one of the *team* is way good enough for me. And I humbly offer that I have much to learn from each and every one of you, on every single forum here.

BIG hugs and many thanks to all, for your tireless contributions day in and day out. ♥

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
<--is all ears!!!
MidnightSunBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Matrixyl is the same as Maxilip sold on the personal formulator. Only PF has it in an oil soluable form.

I love DIY! i make skin care and mineral makeup. I had to get a side job to pay for my habit.

Anyway, I recently purchased matryxl, liplump, hirlip and syncoll to make a super lip plumping something or other. I tried to make a lip balm from syncoll and TKB lipstick base with lecithin per the makingcosmetics recipe, but I did something wrong and have watery bits of active in my balm a couple of days later. Maybe it would better to have lecithin, castor oil and actives in a lip serum form.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Matrixyl is the same as Maxilip sold on the personal formulator. Only PF has it in an oil soluable form.

I love DIY! i make skin care and mineral makeup. I had to get a side job to pay for my habit.

Anyway, I recently purchased matryxl, liplump, hirlip and syncoll to make a super lip plumping something or other. I tried to make a lip balm from syncoll and TKB lipstick base with lecithin per the makingcosmetics recipe, but I did something wrong and have watery bits of active in my balm a couple of days later. Maybe it would better to have lecithin, castor oil and actives in a lip serum form.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
There is a very interesting thread that has to do with Matrixyl and Proctor and Gamble!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35768

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Cheers DM! Caught that one when searching...and did some more research as well...seems argirelene is the better option.

AND of course while I was clowning around...

Palmitoyl pentapeptide-3 and Palmitoyl pentapeptide7,argireline = same price. From a supplier.

98.28% powder form. Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3

* 5g at USD115/g
* 50g at USD89/g
* 1kg at USD68/g

LOL...wonder what it costs when you order by the drum...*sigh*

Guess who this is?:

Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 (Matrixyl)
2 ml $10.50 * wow* so...if they sold you a solution of 100% solution..*cough* that would cost what...0.12 cents? WoW....bottles/vials must be pricey in the US of A.

We have created our own ultra concentrated version of the peptide marketed as Matrixyl. Our solution can be used more effectively in home made cream and lotion recipes as it is less disruptive to the consistency of the cream.

Customers should also consider using our Natural Active Peptides in combination with this peptide solution. This is the lipopeptide active ingredient in Strivectin™. Blah blah blah....but no mention of the concentration.

Let me try this again

1KG = 1000 grams= 68.00 let's be generous here..shipping and all that....say ...90 ??

SO: 90 bucks buys 1000 grams = 0.09/ gram

So those 2 mls of unknown concentration cost...$0.18US at the high end of the scale...

WOWZERS and they sell at $10.50,....somebody help me...what is the multiple I am looking at here...*my brain hurts*

*geez*

Guess...the vials are made of gold.

Pray Please tell me I am WRONG... Embarassed
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I screwed the mathemtaikals...Yoiks...too much time in the sun today.

*sigh*
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Nope...just got another price.
Argireline Acetate,Acetyl Hexapeptide-3
$20-$30.00US/KG purity 95%

1000g / $30.00= 0.03

Maybe I am not so wrong?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |