Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
retin-a under eye?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I am 25 yrs old and use Retin-A .025 to prevent wrinkles. There are some very fine wrinkles under my eyes. Is it safe to use Retin-A under eyes?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:03 am      Reply with quote
It is safe, BCGirl, but you might want to take it slow. Start with 2-3 nights per week -- just to see how your skin reacts. You could also add a small amount of emu oil oil (wait 30-40 minutes after applying retin A) to temper any dryness that may occur at first.

Also, be aware that when you first start using ra under your eyes, any lines/wrinkles will look overly exaggerated in the beginning. But, don't panic because it's only temporary.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:41 am      Reply with quote
HI, Bcgirl, thanks for asking this question, I was wondering the same thing.
Also thank to kims for replying. I am just about to start using retin A .025% for the first time and I think I would have thoroughly freaked out if I saw those lines and wrinkles become worse and would have stopped using it immediately. Do you have any idea how long the 'exaggerated' stage will last?
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:36 am      Reply with quote
ive been using 0.04 retin-a micro since end of june, and i think i've come through the wrinkly dry stage, it wasn't too bad, more dry than wrinkly..probably lasted for around 2-3 weeks.

just beware that the skin around your eyes might be a lot more sensitive for a while, my eyes could withstand anything before but even normal cleansing wipes burned for a while. Thats less so now though..

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I use that strength .025% for around my eyes, too. I like it.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
To lessen the "acclimation" period, you can always apply a moisturizer or an oil (emu, jojoba) over the retin a. Also remember, that it often takes 6-12 months of consistent use before you see results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks girls. It's weird because I got my prescription from the doctor on Friday and went to fill my script and apparently most chemists (drugstores) are out of stock at the moment. Some sort of trouble with the supplier in Australia?? So I was really disappointed I couldn't start on my new routine yet. Crying or Very sad I might have to wait up to a month! I was feeling for all the ladies who rely on their retin A. They'll be without...

Female, 37, brunette, Fair/medium Skin. European background. Combination skin, that becomes sensitive & reactive when emotionaly & physically stressed & also reacts terribly to heat and wind. Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to send you flowers. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |