Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Making Vitamin C serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jazzy12

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested in making my own vitamin c serum. But I have read that vitamin c isn't stable and oxidizes fast. I was thinking of putting some of the serum in my hand and then putting just a bit of l-ascorbic acid rubbing it in and then put it on my face. Would that be better? Can I use a vitamin c serum daily?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Jazzy - If you go to the DIY subforum, there are tons of threads on Vit C recipes. some of the favs are in this thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37733

Welcome to the forum. You'll have lots to read for a while to get caught up!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
For simplicities' sake, you can just put some L-AA and distilled H2O in your hand (after you have dissolved the C first) and apply like that on a daily basis. Or, you can make one of the recipes from the DIY forum by adding a few goodies that will stabilize your serum and it will last a month or so. You can use daily if you like, but a C serum that's been absorbed properly should last 72 hours. It's your choice to apply daily or otherwise.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:35 am      Reply with quote
i have done once but not the same results as the other VC products i bought.maybe that is the difference. Very Happy
MissCooth

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:41 am      Reply with quote
avalon organics has great Vitamin C serum
also Lumene has good Vitamin C serum .
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I just mix l-ascorbic acid (vit c) with water and put it in a tiny dark blue spritzer bottle. I make a new batch up every few days and haven't noticed it turning yellow yet.

I tried a vit e capsule in it for a while to stabilize it and because I hear it works well with vit c on skin, but my spray cap kept getting all clogged so I stopped!
I'm lazy, but my skin is liking the c (and the best its ever been) so I can't be doing too badly. Smile

I forgot that it keeps doing its job over 72 hrs. I've been putting it on everyday, but thanks for the reminder!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
I just mix l-ascorbic acid (vit c) with water and put it in a tiny dark blue spritzer bottle. I make a new batch up every few days and haven't noticed it turning yellow yet.

I tried a vit e capsule in it for a while to stabilize it and because I hear it works well with vit c on skin, but my spray cap kept getting all clogged so I stopped!

If you just follow up your vit c application with a few drops of any (high vit E content) oil, you'll still derive all the benefits of doubling up your antioxidants.

It's all about "team" work with antioxidants.. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to try the C spritz method for a few weeks and see how it goes - with Rose hip oil over it.... Thanks Kassy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, thank you Kassy! The only thing that's stopping me is that vit e is such a heavy, sticky oil - its a little gross putting that on. But yes, I could mix a small batch into something light. I just bought SIX different oils and they're sitting in my fridge, so I could do this. YAAAY!

And OMG, I don't want to embarass anyone, but I'm so stoked to finally be posting here... and when _some of you_ reply to MY posts... well, I'm not kidding, you're like rock stars!
I'll stop gushing now.. but reallyhappytobehere, you'veallhelpedmesomuch! Smile
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:25 am      Reply with quote
it is true that vitamin c isn't stable and oxidizes fast but, you don't have to do that way. vitamin c can use within 1 month. And can use it daily.
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:51 am      Reply with quote
you can also use a vit c powder that you mix fresh into your sunscreen/moisturiser every morning - I prefer this and find it cuts down on the number of steps/products to use every morning..

I use the one by philosophy - its called a hope and prayer vitamin c powder. Also, it doesn't go off so will last for years!

Edit: its now called Turbo Booster C powder

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |