Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Iris flower extract
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
vero
5% products discount

Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I've read that the iris flower extract reduce the depth of the wrinkles. Do You know something about this ?
I've found on lotioncrafter, the iris florentina extract (search function), and there it is write that"Iris Florentina Extract is a revitalizing anti-aging ingredient that is rich in natural isoflavones. Iris Florentina Extract stimulates skin to compensate for decreased metabolic activity due to aging. It will fortify the dermis by limiting the degradation of structural proteins. Iris Florentina Extract reduces the depth of wrinkles, improves skin hydration and elasticity for an overall improvement in skin tone. Iris Florentina Extract is useful in anti-aging or anti-stress products.

Iris Florentina Extract is rich in isoflavones from the iris flower and thanks to its estrogen-like activity, it helps to fight against wrinkle formation, dryness and skin slackening."
And I don't know how to use this extract, because on the site it is write that the usage rate it is 3-5%. What that means ? It is there any receipe ?

Thank You
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Vero, I know that Decleor has an Iris Aromessence oil and Night Balm described as:
"Decleor Aromessence Iris - TimeCare Rejuvenating Serum: Treatment serum of Manuka, Lemongrass and Iris Concrete Essential Oils drains and stimulates.
Description: This pure treatment redefines the features and softens signs of aging through its draining, anti-stress action. It softens and soothes while slowly hydrating. It protects the skin from harsh internal and external factors and helps to fight free radicals."

I love their line, but have only used the Ylang Ylang and the Rose d'Orient - both of which I love. They seem to understand the power of these extracts, if that helps at all.
vero
5% products discount

Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Thank You fow answer me.
I've received an answer from lotion crafeter. there it was write that the iris flower extract 'It should be added to something else at a 3 – 5% usage rate. We can recommend our Sea Kelp Bioferment'
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Now that was an exact reply! The ladies on this site are SO knowledgeable, I'm in awe!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:32 am      Reply with quote
i'm also interesting in adding iris extract to my diy serums...but right now i'm going to experiment with cistus eo which i just purchased from mountainrose herbs..and which is supposed to help tighten skin..then i'm going to experiment w/another anti-aging eo..blue tansy...and then the iris extract.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:52 am      Reply with quote
This site doesn't have Iris Flower Extract but I found this very disturbing, while researching this site, I hope it only pertains to extracts being sold by this site! Rolling Eyes Shock

http://www.irisherbal.com/extract.html#INFO

June 2010 - Due to new federal regulations (the FDA's DSHEA final ruling) Iris Herbal will no longer be allowed to sell tinctures to the general public, due to the fact that we are not yet fully in compliance with the new FDA mandated GMP's.

If you wish to purchase tinctures from us, you will need to call (877-286-2970) or email (info@irisherbal.com) Cathy Hope with a request to become her herbal client. Forms will be sent to you that you must read, agree to and sign, and then return. Any tinctures orders must then be placed over the phone.

We regret that after almost 3 decades of direct sales and service that we are currently unable to offer you tinctures through our shopping cart system at this time. Thank you for your understanding and support as we work towards becoming fully compliant with all governmental regulations.

Whenever possible the herbs are hand-picked and tinctured while fresh. However, some herbs are only available in dried form and several herbs' medicinal action is modified and enhanced if tinctured with recently dried material. None of the dried herbs are fumigated or irradiated.

A 30 drop dose of a tincture containing 70% alcohol has the same amount of alcohol as one ripe banana. To reduce the alcohol in a dose, pour boiling water into a cup containing the drops of extract and let sit for at least five minutes. Forty to sixty percent of the alcohol will evaporate. Each one ounce bottle contains approximately 600 drops, or twenty 30 drop doses.

Basic dosage information is on the label of each bottle. Since Iris Herbal Products can neither diagnose nor prescribe, it is a good idea to consult herbal reference books for further information. It is also beneficial to alternate periods of herbal support with periods of rest; i.e., take herbs for five days and rest two days or three weeks on and one week off. If using more than one herbal combination at a time be sure to take them at least two hours apart.

Tinctures will keep from three to twenty years if kept away from sunlight, heat and kept tightly closed. Do not touch the dropper to one's tongue. No refrigeration is necessary.

The formulas listed here are for tonification and for minor problems that do not require major medical intervention. If the complaint you are treating does not get better or gets worse, please consult a physician. The information presented with each formula is for educational purposes only, and is based upon traditional use of the various herbs, or on modern research that has not been recognized by any US government agency or medical organization. This information has not been evaluated or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. No guarantees of any kind are made for the performance or effectiveness of these preparations.

None of these liquid herbs or liquid herbal products are intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition. If you are pregnant and/or taking any pharmaceutical prescription drug, please advise your health care practitioner so they may determine than no contra-indications will arise if you choose to ingest a liquid herbal preparation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
There's more info on this general situation/problem atwww.herbwifery.com

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hhmmmm, Good Manufacturing Process covers a wide range of issues, but the closing down of their sales unless one signs what obviously is some kind of disclaimer and release, is not good and is not implemented lightly.

I take this very seriously and would find another purveyor of products.
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
There's more info on this general situation/problem atwww.herbwifery.com

Hi again Jasmierosey, I couldn't get to your site, but can I assume that it does not mitigate what Dark Moon posted?

Thanks,
SCG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have made my own extracts for years, as I assume jasminerosey has? You can find the instructions from herbalists and on the web so I question how this really protects us???

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
SoCalGal,
the FDA gmp's are in essence, (from the perspective of grassroot herbalists who have given their heart and soul in studying.. and living...herbs and herbal healing) a way to let control of the newly lucrative herbal holistic healing 'business' stay in the hands of the 'big guys'

if you have an interest take a look at the site i recommended,www.herbwifery.com, it's a forum, and look under the topic of:

Regulation of Herbs
For talk about regulation of herbs and herbal products

and take a look under the GMP thread..(not the gmp and practitioner thread..by the gmp thread)..anyway lots of interesting info on the forum as a whole..it's populated promarily by dedicated professional herbwifes growing their own..or wildcrafting..herns according to the spirit of the herb..as well as the spirit of the client...the way it was traditionally done... (with other factors of course also being important!)

anyway..i'm sure there is a lot of info about this online...but this is a source i value and respect.

SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:30 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
SoCalGal,
the FDA gmp's are in essence, (from the perspective of grassroot herbalists who have given their heart and soul in studying.. and living...herbs and herbal healing) a way to let control of the newly lucrative herbal holistic healing 'business' stay in the hands of the 'big guys'

if you have an interest take a look at the site i recommended,www.herbwifery.com, it's a forum, and look under the topic of:

Regulation of Herbs
For talk about regulation of herbs and herbal products

and take a look under the GMP thread..(not the gmp and practitioner thread..by the gmp thread)..anyway lots of interesting info on the forum as a whole..it's populated promarily by dedicated professional herbwifes growing their own..or wildcrafting..herns according to the spirit of the herb..as well as the spirit of the client...the way it was traditionally done... (with other factors of course also being important!)

anyway..i'm sure there is a lot of info about this online...but this is a source i value and respect.

Hhmmm, I must admit I never thought of it from that standpoint, but then I am a complete amateur to the herbal thing. I am just getting started with botanical oils. I must admit that when I think of GMP, I think of medicines. So, being unable to get this tincture of Iris is an obstacle, or are you seeing this as a trend in more ways/products? I think you're right about the intent being to take preparations out of the hands of individuals and into the purview of large manufacturers; that makes it easier to regulate for sure. But is it possible that the FDA just doesn't want anyone to get in over their head and get hurt? I wouldn't want people preparing their own coumadin or penicillan at home - I would expect it to be of better quality and more sanitary from a large manufacturer, but I see also that this is a personal freedom issue!
I don't have a dog in the fight so I will stay on the sidelines. I hope everything works out.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
SoCalGal....i didn't post the info (onwww.herbwifery.com re FDA GMP'S) as a 'true' perpective...but just to open a venue to see the issue from a dif viewpoint..(cause you asked me if this site mitigated DK's post)..

.and i think, DK, that we are, perhaps, somewhat on the same wavelength about this?

at any rate, it doesn't mean that the small extract producers on the site DK posted where doing anything 'wrong'...that's why they posted they could create the extract for you only if you were clienst of theirs..cause that's legal within the FDA GMP regulations...in other words it's legal...at least currently..to create a specific herbal remedy for the specific issues of a client..but not to 'mass' produce generic, (so to speak), remedies.

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:40 am      Reply with quote
"but not to 'mass' produce generic, (so to speak), remedies."...

that is unless certain protocol is in place which would be impossible for a small cottage industry type business to afford (and would totally shift the nature of the small personal cottage industry... even if it could be afforded)

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Yes, jasminerosie I believe we are on the same page about this regulation issue. I find it quite sad that people (herbalists) that have devoted decades to learning a true craft of producing natural remedies are now forced to have clients sign a waiver before selling an extract.
The idea that this could end up in the hands of huge conglomerates mortifies me. Sad

jasminerosey wrote:
SoCalGal....i didn't post the info (onwww.herbwifery.com re FDA GMP'S) as a 'true' perpective...but just to open a venue to see the issue from a dif viewpoint..(cause you asked me if this site mitigated DK's post)..

.and i think, DK, that we are, perhaps, somewhat on the same wavelength about this?

at any rate, it doesn't mean that the small extract producers on the site DK posted where doing anything 'wrong'...that's why they posted they could create the extract for you only if you were clienst of theirs..cause that's legal within the FDA GMP regulations...in other words it's legal...at least currently..to create a specific herbal remedy for the specific issues of a client..but not to 'mass' produce generic, (so to speak), remedies.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it is sad... for the herbalists....and for the plants which are living beings,too, and will be comoditized like objects rather than spiritual beings of beauty and meaning that offer themselves, as 'beings', allies, friends in co-relationship with us in a real healing process.

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Yes, it is sad... for the herbalists....and for the plants which are living beings,too, and will be comoditized like objects rather than spiritual beings of beauty and meaning that offer themselves, as 'beings', allies, friends in co-relationship with us in a real healing process.

What genetic altering to produce more at the cost of the true value of the natural plant? Chemical fertilisers and insecticides that end up in the product? Crying or Very sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:

Oh, heavens, I never meant to imply anybody was doing anything wrong or illegal, I was just following my train of thought!!!! As I said, this is not an issue for me, and I do understand that it is a meaningful issue, even as in personal freedom for you! I understand that, and I certainly in awe of you and the other ladies here who are so knowledgable about the herbalist purview. I repect that and I am not against your practicing your arts and skill to the fullest.
I am not informed enough to even form a negative opinion of your guys! In other words, I know when I am over my head in a discussion, so I will respectfully bow out of this one, since when I think of GMP I think of mass-produced medicines, not hebalists practicing for themselves and their clients!
I hope all turns out well for you.
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Yes, jasminerosie I believe we are on the same page about this regulation issue. I find it quite sad that people (herbalists) that have devoted decades to learning a true craft of producing natural remedies are now forced to have clients sign a waiver before selling an extract.
The idea that this could end up in the hands of huge conglomerates mortifies me. Sad

jasminerosey wrote:

See, I have to admit that I didn't understand the issue at all. I thought YOU were being made to sign a waiver to BUY the extract. Oh boy, I am sorry to have muddied the water so. Please accept my apologies for my uninformed questions and opinions.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, SCG, really meant no offense..i appreciate you and your posts.

(just want to clarify though that i'm not an herbalist...just attracted to plants and healing)

SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:

(just want to clarify though that i'm not an herbalist...just attracted to plants and healing)

Hey Jasminerosey, no offense taken! I just didn't want to stumble and bumble and possibly offend! I'm the bull in the china shop, but with people - yikes!

I love plants; I love to watch them grow after I plant them. In fact roses and jasmine are my two faves!!!! My jasmine's doing great - it's like a weed here in SoCal, but I'm not having much luck with my roses in pots.

Anyway, have a fabulous weekend!
SCG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:

I think we are all thinking the same thing? The FDA is making it very difficult for small business herbalists ect. to sell their products, so who will be able to afford the legal red tape...large corporations, most likely pharmaceutical companies?

Here is the correct link I believe jasminerosey?

http://herbwifery.org/forum/

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |