Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How long does a child use a stroller????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
It's been a long time for me - my only one is now 30 years old & is expecting grandbaby number 2. The first will be 2 years old when the new one arrives in December and I don't know if I should be looking for a double stroller or stick with the single seater that I have. I don't want to buy a larger tandem one & have the eldest decide that she doesn't want to be pushed any more. Sigh.
I am hoping that you young mothers out there can give me an honest answer - not babies'r'us hype that says that I "gotta buy".

Thanks!!!

P.S. I babysit regularly but not tons. Two - three times a month. I just don't like the thought of transporting items like this back and forth all of the time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Well out of my 4 two were only 15 months apart and I bought one that had one seat behind the other and I did use it for a good long time. When those 2 were 3&4 I had my fourth and sold it for a good price through a friends consignment baby/maternity shop, along with a lot of clothing an extra crib ect. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the input Dark Moon - how lucky to have had a family of four!!. I think that I'm going to stick with a single stroller but maybe go to an umbrella style for ease. A friend suggested McLaren (MacLaren ?) as a better quality product so I may go hunt one down.

Leslie

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't been in the market for a stroller for several years (my son is 10 now!) but he definitely still needed a stroller at two years of age. One minute he'd be pushing it himself, and the next he'd be asleep in the seat. Guess it depends on how much you'd use the stroller - do you tend to go for long walks, or excursions (mall trips, zoos, outdoor craft and art shows) lasting several hours? Then, yes, the two-year-old will need to sit at some point. And it's better to be prepared and have a stroller that can hold both!

I remember some strollers that had an attachment on the back, for an older child to stand on, plus a bar to "hang on" while standing. IIRC these attachments can be taken on and off as needed. But they were not seats.

Check everything out - I'm amazed at "baby technology" these days, and all the neat things out there!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't been in the market for a stroller for several years (my son is 10 now!) but he definitely still needed a stroller at two years of age. One minute he'd be pushing it himself, and the next he'd be asleep in the seat. Guess it depends on how much you'd use the stroller - do you tend to go for long walks, or excursions (mall trips, zoos, outdoor craft and art shows) lasting several hours? Then, yes, the two-year-old will need to sit at some point. And it's better to be prepared and have a stroller that can hold both!

I remember some strollers that had an attachment on the back, for an older child to stand on, plus a bar to "hang on" while standing. IIRC these attachments can be taken on and off as needed. But they were not seats.

Check everything out - I'm amazed at "baby technology" these days, and all the neat things out there!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I really think stroller use depends on the child. I have almost 5 year old twins and they stopped using our stroller the summer before they turned 2. We carted that thing to the zoo, on long walks (like 5km long walks), to the mall, etc. and they preferred to walk. On the other hand, my brother and sister-in-laws kids still used their stroller at times until they were 4 years old.

If you opt to get a stroller, I suggest getting a good one - it makes a world of difference when you're trying to maneuver it with two children on board. Maybe you could find a previously owned one since you're only using it occasionally.

If you're sticking with one stroller, maybe you could get a baby carrier/sling to put the baby in if the older sibling needs to use the stroller. Even though I always had a double stroller, I'd usually bring a sling with me as well so that I could carry one of them if I had to.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |