Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Safetox, Baby Quasar or other for 34yr old??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lucretia_zen
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really interested in investing in my first beauty device, but have no idea where to start. I'm hoping the knowledgeable panel on EDS will be able to point me in the right direction or offer some kicka@s advice!

So here's the rundown....I am 34, have combination skin that is prone to breakouts due to stress and weather changes. I am just starting out on my anti-aging journey. So I'm Using Nia24 skin strengthening complex, vit C+E & Ferulic and B5 hydrating in the morning with sunscreen. Also will be staring on retin A .025%treatment soon. In the next few weeks I hope to be able to incorporate Lulu's Ageless exercises and frownies into my routine aswell(when I can save up to purchase them.)

So when my skin becomes happy and settled with all of this, I was wondering what sort of device would be useful to combat the signs of ageing and or reduce them. I have crows feet, forehead lines and the beginnings of 11's. My eye skin definitely needs some tightening aswell.
I am thinking possibly the Safetox or the Baby Quasar red to start out with as my first beauty device. Does anyone have any advice for me in regards to these devices or another that may be a really useful investment?
TIA
lucretia_zen

Female, 37, brunette, Fair/medium Skin. European background. Combination skin, that becomes sensitive & reactive when emotionaly & physically stressed & also reacts terribly to heat and wind. Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to send you flowers. Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Having tried the both the Safetox and LEDs (and Ageless, FlexEffect, etc.), I found that Safetox gave me the fastest results with the least effort and time.

In fact, I sold my LED (way too time consuming and VERY limited results), and quit Flex Effect (way too time consuming) and Ageless (not too time consuming, but I'm lazy!).

At some point I may pick up Ageless again, but I would rather die than give up my Safetox...both for the forehead lifting/cheek lifting AND the relaxation benefits!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, helpful as always, thank you for your input. Time consuming with limited results in terms of the LED device definitely doesn't sound worth it.
You mentioned the safetox was 'forehead lifting' does it reduce forhead wrinkles?
Also I was wondering, because of illness I get a lot of tension in my face and scalp muscles, do you think the safetox would help with this?
Finally, in terms of batteries, are you still buying batteries every week to fortnight for this device?
TIA

Female, 37, brunette, Fair/medium Skin. European background. Combination skin, that becomes sensitive & reactive when emotionaly & physically stressed & also reacts terribly to heat and wind. Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to send you flowers. Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
lucretia_zen wrote:
Bethany, helpful as always, thank you for your input. Time consuming with limited results in terms of the LED device definitely doesn't sound worth it.
You mentioned the safetox was 'forehead lifting' does it reduce forhead wrinkles?
Also I was wondering, because of illness I get a lot of tension in my face and scalp muscles, do you think the safetox would help with this?
Finally, in terms of batteries, are you still buying batteries every week to fortnight for this device?
TIA

The Safetox does soften forehead wrinkles, but it will not eliminate them like Botox does.

And it will DEFINITELY help with the tension in your face and scalp muscles....I'd use it just because of the anti-tension benefits, but the lifting benefits are great too!

Kevin at Safetox said we can use rechargeable batteries, so that helps from a cost standpoint. But when you factor in reusing the electrodes over and over with the TacGel, the cost of using it over time really does drop even if you have to buy batteries periodically.

I have tried a ton of stuff since joining EDS, but the only tools/programs that have REALLY performed for me are:

- Safetox
- Ageless (though I far prefer the Safetox)
- Dermaroller (though my approach is very different than most people who roll)

HTH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany, helpful as always. Smile

Do you have any opinions on the clairsonic skin care brush system or vaculift?

Is the clairsonic really useful or just another thing we think we might need?

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
lucretia_zen wrote:
Thanks Bethany, helpful as always. Smile

Do you have any opinions on the clairsonic skin care brush system or vaculift?

Is the clairsonic really useful or just another thing we think we might need?

I haven't tried either of those...People either love or hate the Clairsonic, so I decided to skip it since I heard it can irritate some people's skin.

And I have not tried the Vaculifter because I know I don't really have the time or the patience. But I have heard good things about it!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |