Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Reveiw :: JI Disappear Concealer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I love this stuff!! It goes on really well, and covers flawlessly! When I put it on a scab on my forehead I was expecting the worst, but it totally hid it!!

The opening where the cover comes out is flat and has a fuzzy texture which is great for blending. I use my concealer brush, and blend with my finger, or the applicator if it's a big zit.

I wear Liquid minerals in warm silk (which is also AMAZING!) and used the light/medium concealer if that gives you an idea on the color.

I haven't been using it long enough to comment on whether it helps the zits clear, but I'll be sure to let you all know in a few weeks.
Mabsy

Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:50 am      Reply with quote
I use liquid minerals in Bisque (one shade lighter than Warm Silk I guess) so perhaps Light would be the one to get for me. I've been wondering about this concealer for a while. I've got the Circle Delete one (which is great!) but always use just powder mineral foundation to cover zits because so far everything else has come off when I tried to blend it. This might be a goer then!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I posted a thread before I purchased it an I remember someone saying they were bisque and light was too light. I'm not sure if they were using powder or liquid minerals.

I noticed quite a difference between the 2. the powder was too light for me, and the liquid is perfect.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Found it! She was using the bisque powder and found it too light. Hopefully that'll give a better idea

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3805
Mabsy

Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Lianne! The only question now is was SkyBaby using the pressed or the loose because I hear that the pressed version is about two shades lighter than the loose. Or something like that, all these shade differences are confusing.... Embarassed
skybaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have used both the pressed and loose. I bought Bisque because I originally thought it would be the same. For me, the loose in Bisque was much lighter than the pressed. The pressed was closer to my skin tone. Let me know if that doesn't answer your question.
Dianne
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying to find a good undereye concealer that covers dark circles well, but also helps to minimize fine lines, or at least not accentuate them.

I was looking into the Jane Iredale circle/delete, and although the reviews have been great on it's coverage, I've heard some complaints about how it accentuates the lines.

Can anyone recommend a good product?

Thank you!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
skybaby wrote:
Hi,

I have used both the pressed and loose. I bought Bisque because I originally thought it would be the same. For me, the loose in Bisque was much lighter than the pressed. The pressed was closer to my skin tone. Let me know if that doesn't answer your question.

I have both the pressed and the loose in Warm Silk and the pressed is definitely darker.

-Cheri
Mabsy

Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you SkyBaby and Cheri! I knew they weren't the same but was obviously confused about which one was lighter. Clearly, I had more luck than brains when choosing the shade of the pressed base because I chose Warm Silk thinking that it was much lighter than the Warm Silk in loose (which looked too dark) Laughing
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
don't worry mabsy..I'm convinced that the amber is lighter than the warm silk...haha. I've got no brains this week
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
don't worry mabsy..I'm convinced that the amber is lighter than the warm silk.

Me too! I thought I might need one shade darker in the pressed so I ordered amber. It is lighter than my warm silk and makes me look like a ghost! Money down the drain! That's what I get for not ordering samples.

So I'm still using warm silk, but use a skunk brush to deposit a bit of BE warmth for more color.

-Cheri
Mabsy

Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:55 am      Reply with quote
Glad I'm not the only one confused by the differences in shades across the two formulations Anxious
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:16 am      Reply with quote
yup...I will buy samples before buying full size products in this line. Or visit a salon where I can test them.

Besides the colour confusion I do LOVE this line!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I just found this to help with picking out the colours. Wasn't there when I got mine. luckily I picked the right one.

http://www.skin-etc.com/cogufordi.html
happybunny
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Dianne wrote:
I am trying to find a good undereye concealer that covers dark circles well, but also helps to minimize fine lines, or at least not accentuate them.

I was looking into the Jane Iredale circle/delete, and although the reviews have been great on it's coverage, I've heard some complaints about how it accentuates the lines.

Can anyone recommend a good product?

Thank you!

I'm a newbie and this is my first post (am a regular on the Handbag.com beauty board if any of you post there). Anyhoo...here goes:

Sorry not JI related (although I do love the range) but I recently discovered Kanebo concealer which is the best thing I've ever used for under eye circles (much better than YSL, Dior, Clinique and No 7 versions I've tried). It covers really well, plus it doesn't make my undereye area dry as products I've used in the past have. Hope that helps anyway Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Helloooooo happy bunny!!!!! wave wave wave

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hellooooooooooo guapagirl *waves back madly* wave wave wave wave

Erm....Do you come here often? *guapagirl runs off Wink * I didn't know you posted over here. Nice to see a face I recognise. Do any of the other girls post over here? I'm often browsing on the EDS site (and melting my credit cards usually!) so I thought I'd venture into the forums. I'm trying to decide on a new handcream at the moment - anyone tried the Jurlique one?

You girls certainly seem to know your stuff over here *happybunny feels slightly out of her depth with all these v clever folks around Very Happy *

Anyhoo thanks for the welcome Smile
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
happybunny wrote:

I recently discovered Kanebo concealer which is the best thing I've ever used for under eye circles (much better than YSL, Dior, Clinique and No 7 versions I've tried).

Hi happybunny and welcome to the forum. Have you tried Bobbi Brown concealer system? I've tried a zillion different products and it's, so far, the best I found so far...wondering if your Kanebo concealer is better. I have (genetic) darkness all around my eyes. Sad

Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum happybunny!

Ok, sorry this is a tad OT from the original thread, but to answer your question - yes! I use Jurlique Rose Hand Cream and it's great! There's been a few reviews of it here before I think - try doing a search and see what you get Wink

happybunny wrote:
Hellooooooooooo guapagirl *waves back madly* wave wave wave wave

Erm....Do you come here often? *guapagirl runs off Wink * I didn't know you posted over here. Nice to see a face I recognise. Do any of the other girls post over here? I'm often browsing on the EDS site (and melting my credit cards usually!) so I thought I'd venture into the forums. I'm trying to decide on a new handcream at the moment - anyone tried the Jurlique one?

You girls certainly seem to know your stuff over here *happybunny feels slightly out of her depth with all these v clever folks around Very Happy *

Anyhoo thanks for the welcome Smile
happybunny
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome girls Smile

Nanapost - I've not tried the Bobbi Brown concealer so I can't compare the two, sorry. It is definately better than the other undereye concealers I've tried in the past though.

Mabsy - I'll do a search to get a bit more info on the Jurlique Hand Cream - thanks.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:47 am      Reply with quote
hee hee! I've been here for a good while now! I have mentioned this fab forum a few times before I flounced out of HB in a hissy fit and have plugged the forum and the shop on HDD as well!

Just so I'm not totally OT, I'm glad disappear is getting good reviews cos I just got some as a pressie for minime! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
guapa, I hear you talk about minime all the time...I'm presuming it's your daughter...how old is she?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
13 1/2 ...and very scarey, gotta keep on her good side Laughing

She's lovely actually, and really sweet once she gets over the hormones. She has put her own EDS order along with mine for mineral makeup, but I thought I would get her an 'extra' after reading that this was so good. When I was a kid it was rimmel cover up which looked like stiking plasters ...put me off concealer until last year and I discovered touche eclat Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
13 1/2 and into such good skin care? wow...you're training her well. Your hubby must be crapping his pants when the visa bills come!!
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:46 am      Reply with quote
I also use the Kanebo concealer for my dark undereye circles. It is by far the best concealer for dark circles that I have tried. My eyes are dark in the inner corners and most other concealers either cake and settle into the lines under my eyes or else slide off soon after I put them on. I use CB01 light for fair skin. I was a little concerned because it has a pink undertone when you look at it and I have a lot of pink and red undertones in my face already and usually prefer yellow-based products. But I tap it on with a finger to blend and it looks fine. I don't like a lot of Kanebo's skincare products,-or perhaps I should say that they don't like me- Confused but I really like this brush type concealer which has SPF 15. I also like Kanebo's eyeshadow and the sponge chief which is like a chamois for the skin. An odd little product which is just great.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |