Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Spa Girl
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Well, your girlz should know that this board has a reputation for knowing Everything Worth Knowing about skincare. :-> I have had a faaaaabulous time surfing around here and grown substantially schmarter.

I did a search for Reviews or posts about the Spa Girl machine, and couldn't seem to winnow the results down to the opinions... I can't believe there's no full thread about this -- have you all discussed it and moved on, or not discussed it, or. . .?

Note: I am not Spa Girl, nor do I own one. But posts are flying back and forth on the Mineral Makeup Mania and Delphi Welcome Home boards about it, so I thought I'd check in here. Anyone? Have it? Use it? Want it?

Thanks --

Sidda
Mabsy

Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi and welcome to the forum! Smile

Hmmm I don't think we've discussed it... But I guess we're about to! Laughing I'll google this later and see what I can find - I hope it's not going to be something I'll end up wanting. I'm broke!
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much. Smile I am not nearly as knowledgeable as you all are. But I resolve to ask good questions.

Welcome Home on Delphi has a couple of threads about Spa Girl. A seller is a member -- and a naturally helpful person. Spa Girl is like the Dermanew machine, only better, gentler, can do "lymphatic massge," etc. I use AHAs and BHAs, so mechanical exfoliation is too much for me. Unless I change my mind. Or someone changes it for me. Very Happy

Thanks again --
S
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Yes, its me, Mabsy - The sucker for all that sounds too good to be true - and yes, I am now an owner of the Spa Girl!!! I don't know whether to thank or strangle the enablers on the Delphi Forums.

However.......I got the Rosa y Fruta products based on their raves and it is now my must have in skin care.

I used the Spa Girl for the first time this morning, and it is very, very nice. Your skin gets this massage and it just looks GLOWING and healthy when you're done! I got it to even my skintone and help lighten brown patches, and promise to keep you all posted on if it works. But I will tell you, I used the microderm attachment and cream, then when I was done I put on my RYF Ambrosia and my skin feels like silk. It also feels like I gave it a workout or something....can't explain it...like a facial or massage. Just feels uber soft and hydrated.....

I keep telling myself that these are X-Mas gifts to me from me....I believe that if I actually wrapped everything I've bought of late and put it under the tree, my sweetie 11 year old would have far less gifts than her mother....

Initial reaction to Spa Girl - a solid "A".

Love to all for peaceful and joyous holidays.

xoMaria

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Lymphatic massge is something I definitely want! I said my new year's resolution was I can't buy any new skin care until I've used up everything I already have and like, but I can tell the Spa Girl is going to bust it! I suppose I could order it before the end of the year though. Hmmmmm

Mariav, use it every day and tell us more....Quick!!! Smile

-Cheri
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
...erm what is it exactly and where can I buy one?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
...erm what is it exactly and where can I buy one?

I assume this is it based on the description.

http://www.spagirl.net/index.php?page=products

-Cheri
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
You can also go to Planet Beauty.com and get it cheaper there! There is a coupon for another 15%* off too! Let me see if I can find it and I'll get back to this thread.

Maria

*Actually, I think it's 20%!

Edited to correct discount amount

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I should have just edited my last post. At Plant Beauty, Spa Girl is $129.99, but if you use the code "xm04" you get another 20% off, so your grand total comes to $103.99 - as opposed to the $159.99 you'd get at Spa Girl. Don't know how long that coupon is good for tho.

Some people were concerned that it was an older model at Planet Beauty, but the one I got is def. the newer model (products have white tops on them, not black, and you get the mask and the derm cream and three attachments with the new model).

Wink Maria

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
So I sashay in here and ask innocently enough, "Um. Spa Girl?" Yupyupyup.

Well. I had to run some errands today. As, apparently, did everyone else in Southern California. There is a Planet Beauty in Studio City. I might just swing by there, I reckon. Aaaaand I just happened to print out the 20% off coupon at the website to take with me. I just want to look. No harm in that, eh?

Oh. I see you nodding. I guess I do not have to tell you what happened. I picked up the PowerDerm box, and another customer said, "Oh, that is GREAT! It makes your skin like SILK! It's AMAZING."

Mental eye roll. Done.

So I'll develop my own opinion, and let y'all know.

Basic facts: I'll be 50 next year. I am always mistaken for about 35. I do not kid, a woman at a Christmas party this season SHRIEKED when she found out how old I am. I have very oily skin, growing less so, of course. I am not yet menopausal. I tanned like a demon as a teen in Texas. I haven't been in the sun since 1980. I sleep good. I eat good. I have my mother's genes. Bottom line now -- very sensitive, very fair skin. Oily in summer, but quite dry in winter (even the so-called winters of L.A. Smile) I wash my face first with Manuka honey and EVOO, then Trader Joe's Tea Tree "Thoroughly Clean Skin" cleanser.I use Sage 12-20% AHA lotion, Paula's Choice 2% BHA lotion, and Alpha Skin Care mineral makeup.

Until I found this regimen, I still had some acne -- a bear that has stalked me all my life. I could count on one hand the days in a year that I did not have at least one pimple to stare at.

Gad, how boring. And a waste of time to write out, as much of that regimen will change now. I can't mechanically exfoliate AND chemically exfoliate. My skin... reacts.

I can't believe I talked MYSELF into this. But I am resolved that, if there is any downside to this Spa Girl thing, I will pass it on. It can't be an HG for EVERYONE. Can it?

I'll keep you posted. More later --

Sidda
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered it earlier today as well since I had to work quickly to get it in before the New Year. I used the 20% off code too. Oh I hope it doesn't break me out. Pray

-Cheri
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:13 am      Reply with quote
can we get these in the UK and can someone post the cream's ingredients? I really like the look of this! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:50 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
can we get these in the UK and can someone post the cream's ingredients? I really like the look of this! Very Happy

Copied from the Delphi Forums:

Here is the ingredients on the crystal. deonized water,magnesium oxide crystals,soy oil, olive oil, aloe vera, methyl gluceth 20, cetyl alcohol, glycaryl stearate, stearic acid,peg 100 stearate, cyclomethicone, dimethicone, witch hazel, soy protein, althea officinalis, hedera hederacea, anacyclus pyrethrum, cucumis sativa, sambuca nigra, arnica montana, lecithin, alphalipoec acid, Vitamin A, B5, C, E, octyl methoxycinnamate, methylparaben, propylparaben, bhf.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I know it's a little late to be asking since I already ordered it, but it just occured to me. Sad Can one use microdermabrasion while using a rx retinoid?

-Cheri
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Rx retinoid is like accutane stuff? I'd wait til you finish treatment if it is...I know my local salon won't do micro dermabrasion if you have been using in the last 6 months.

Phredd4, thanks for the ingreds...what is in the mask stuff you use afterwards? (unless it's really long in which case don't bother...I just like to see how many parabens they have in 'em!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Correct me if I'm wrong but after looking at the 'spa girl' site and the 'planet beauty' site there is one difference between the 'package' they are selling. The planet beauty is cheaper but also at the the 'spa girl site' the kit comes with the microdermabrasion cream and the MASQUE. At the 'planet beauty site' the kit also comes with the microdermabrasion cream but instead of the masque it comes with the FINISHING cream. I guess for the difference you could just order the masque through the planet beauty site separately?

I'd really like this...I have to find something that really works for me so I can stop spending!!! Rolling Eyes
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I checked planet beauty again and you can't order the masque off their web site (or at least I can't find it there).
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Rx retinoid is like accutane stuff? I'd wait til you finish treatment if it is...I know my local salon won't do micro dermabrasion if you have been using in the last 6 months.

Phredd4, thanks for the ingreds...what is in the mask stuff you use afterwards? (unless it's really long in which case don't bother...I just like to see how many parabens they have in 'em!)

Actually the Rx Retinoid I use is called Tazorac, but I use it only for anti-aging a few times per week. I'll just stop using it now so I'll be ready when Spa Girl arrives.

I got those ingredients from the Delphi Forums and I can't find the ingredients for the mask listed anywhere. I plan on using my beloved Dermalogica Multi-Vitamin Power Recovery Mask after my microdermabrasion.

-Cheri
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
lily wrote:
Oh I checked planet beauty again and you can't order the masque off their web site (or at least I can't find it there).

I could be wrong, but I am guessing the Finishing Cream or the Masque would be some sort of moisturizing treatment, so I am not too interested in those products anyway. I really have to watch my moisturizers because they break me out if I use the wrong one for my skin, so I plan on using Dermalogica Multi-Vitamin Power Recovery Masque after each treatment which I know is perfect for me. Under any conditions this masque always seems to be the fix. The tool is what I'm after.

-Cheri
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
I just re-read Mariav's post and she said hers (from PlanetBeauty) did have the white tops on the jar and the mask was included so maybe she'll post ingredients for you guapagirl.

-Cheri
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I will post the ingredients. I'm so bloody tired right now. It's actually X-Mas morning (12:57 am) here in New Hampshire. Me and my DH just finished cleaning the kitchen from the big pah-tae we just had. Zzzzzz....

The Planet Beauty description needs to be updated - they do say you get the finishing cream, but it's the mask that came in my kit. This is the newer version of Spa Girl, from what I understand the microderm cream is better than it was before.....

I promise to post the ingredients Guapa. As soon as I get some shut eye and can even read the teeny tiny print.

Happy holidays all!!!

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Awww bless you! Don't worry if it's a long one tho...more interested if they have ingredients that make you go 'yuk' or 'mmmmmmmm, nice' Wink
Have a good new year all Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Here, Maria -- I'll spell ya. I have the masque. And a magnifying glass. Very Happy

Infusion Creme Masque
Hydration Restoration
Plant Oils and Extracts

Purified water, soybean (glycine soja) oil,diotyl succinate, cetearyl alcohol, cocyl glucoside hydrogenated vegetable oil, panthenol, shea butter, bis-Peg/ppg-16/16 peg/ppg-16/16, ceramides, cetyl alcphol, sphingoilipids, squalene, glycolipids, phytosterols, borago officinalis seed oil, glycerin, dimethicone, carbomer, polysorbate-80, carrageenan (chondrus crispus), phospholipids, stearyls, glycyrrhethinate, tocopheryl linoleate, hazelnut oil, green tea oil, jojoba oil, kukui nut oil, cherry pit oil, sweet almond oil, evening primrose oil, grape seed oil, wild mint oil, eucalyptus globulus oil, rose hip seed oil, lemon oil, orange oil, petitgrain oil, lavender oil, butylenes glycol, layreth-4, bois de rose oil, octyl cocoate, acrylamide/sodium acryloyidmethyltaurate copolymer, dimethiconol, phenyl triethicone, cholosterol, cyclopentasiloxane, tocopherol, lithospermum extract, isohexadecane, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, caprylic/capric triglyceride, chlorophenesin, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, potassium sorbate, poyassium hydroxide.

Forgive the typos. Then again, who can tell? Smile

I finally used the Spa Girl last night, and was pleased. I looked like I'd run six miles. I used the masque afterwards, and did not wash it off. This morning I did, because rubbing my face made it come off, so I figured to clean the skin and remoisturize.

So I used the brush attachment to wash my face -- which felt harsher, oddly enough, than the dermabrasion cream and the silicone attachment.

I'm pleased with it. Now we'll see if I USE it. I abandoned my Dermanew quickly. But I thought it HURT, and AHA/BHAs worked for me.

I used the Spa Girl also on my forearms and the backs of my hands. Worry as you will about face wrinkles. When you truly want to know a woman's age -- look at her hands.

Terri
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Spa Girl is sounding better all the time. I can't wait to get mine!

-Cheri
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Terri, you darling! Thanks for posting the ingredients to the masque! I'm just getting back on here and see that you have taken care of it for me!

So far so very good for me and Spa Girl. I used the brush once and didn't love it as much as the other attachments either - and I know this could be just wishful thinking, but I think after three uses my hyperpigmentation is starting to fade. When I looked in my car mirror today, they definitely looked lighter. I was quite pleased. That, and my little chin bumps from talking on the telly at work seem to be just about gone! Weird, but a good weird! I hope I stick with it too!

Will keep you posted.

xoMaria

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |