Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Laser treaments for broken capillaries on face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skin4life
5% products discount

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had laser treatments for spider veins/broken capillaries on their face? My facial spider veins have been bothering me more and more lately, and I think I'm going to go get the laser treatments. Anyone care to share their experience? How many treatments? Cost? Is it permanent? Is it safe for pregnant women? thanks!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skin4life -

This thread may give you some info:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=551125&highlight=laser+capillaries#551125
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Also search for IPL's and photofacials, I can't tell you how many threads have talked about using these for broken caps.
Having had 7-8 IPL's (Photfacials)now, its the way to go!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:36 am      Reply with quote
This is the link to the thread I started on my IPL treatments, I have only had 2 so far, but can see a good improvement already. I am due my 3rd treatment next week...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39119

hope that works!
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I had it done many years ago; haven't really had the budget for it since, but it was great. Only took one treatment, and my skin looked great for a long, long time!

(Eventually, my genetic predisposition for broken capillaries created new ones and I'd love to have it done again, but for now, a good dusting of mineral makeup is adequate...)

Sadly I don't recall the name of the laser used, but after lathering my face with EMLA for a while, the technician put goggles on me then she basically quickly "drew" on targeted spots with the laser. She was really thorough. It took about an hour, and I had no swelling or bruising in the days afterward—and my skin looked great - no more tiny red thready veins on the sides of my nose, my cheeks, etc.

The cost was several hundred dollars, if I recall correctly; it was billed by the number of times the laser discharged, not by the time that it took.

No idea if it's safe for pregnant women; the EMLA cream which is absorbed into the skin certainly might not be, and not everyone uses the topical anesthetic but the "oh, it just feels like a rubber band being lightly snapped on the skin" was more than I personally could tolerate. Laughing

I really liked that it took one visit instead of multiple costly treatments, too.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |