Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Moringa Oil - Is it the Oil of Oils for Skin Care?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I just stumbled upon this oil while researching the ingredients in a spa product.

The components seem to be all that is good for the skin: antioxidants, vitamins C&E, linoleic acid, omega fatty acids, etc.

The benefits were impressive as well: clearing and preventing of blemishes & blackheads, preventing the marks from blemishes, zapping fine lines, minimizing pores, firming the skin and so on, but most telling: that the oil never goes rancid.

Is this oil everything it is purported to be? I've never heard of it before. Are the claims for the skin at all accurate?
Does it seem odd that the Elemis product cost well over $100 USD, and yet one could buy a 200ml bottle of pure MO for $20 USD????

I appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:19 am      Reply with quote
i haven't used the moringa oil (it's on my list of oils to try in the future)....but i do take moringa leaf powder as a'green food' along w/spirulina, barley/wheat grass, etc.... it's exceptionally high in nutrients (for example it has around 300mg of calcium per tbls.)...and is often called 'the iracle' tree in economically developing countries becuase of it's high nutrient value ..and also it's use much in purifying water....Oxfam, for example, offers gifts of moringa seeds for developing countries which we can purchase.

it's mind boggling to me how some skincare companies charge so much for simple (often non organic)botanical oils when there are higher quality wildcrafted or organically grown botanical oils available for much much less.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:20 am      Reply with quote
moringa is called 'the miracle tree'

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jasminerosey, so I'm not crazy - the spa product is something like 2000x more expensive than the organic oil?????!!!!! Smile

The nutritional/water benefits are amazing!

Now I'll get onto Oxfam's website and buy some Moringa seeds. I love getting truly wildcrafted products, and being able to give back.

I'll give an update when I receive the oil (I didn't buy the spa product!!! Very Happy )
Thanks! Have a fabulous day!
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting, I love learning about new oils!

I may try it from this site, it's only $10 for over 3 ounces, it doesn't mention organic though : http://www.moringaoil.com/products-page

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oooh! If anybody decides to give this a shot, definitely let us know what happens! Sounds great! Smile
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:15 am      Reply with quote
snowymtn wrote:
Thanks for posting, I love learning about new oils!

I may try it from this site, it's only $10 for over 3 ounces, it doesn't mention organic though : http://www.moringaoil.com/products-page

Hi Snowymtn, this is the site I ordered from. I hope it's pure!!! I'll post when I receive it.
I found some other info on it:

Moringa oil is pressed from Moringa seeds,
and can be used in cooking, hair, and skin care.
The Moringa tree is native to Africa and India and has been
revered for thousands of years as a miracle tree:
Its nutrient-rich leaves and seeds can be eaten,
and the oil pressed from its seeds is chock-full of radiance-boosting fatty acids and vitamins A and C.
Bursting with over 46 antioxidants, plus vitamin C and vitamin A, moringa oil has a lot to offer.

Just a few of the benefits of Moringa Oil:

* It clears pimples and prevents recurrence, if used regularly
* It removes wrinkles & will prevent sagging of facial muscles
* Helps clears blackheads & spots.
* Helps to tighten the skin pores.
* It is able to purify the skin, balance the secretion of oil & remove skin fatigue.
* Regular use diminishes the formation of blackheads for all skin types.
Counteracts the effect of pollution.

There are reports of moringa being used in cosmetic preparations
as far back as 1400 BC, wherein an allegedly
successful remedy to treat wrinkles consisted of:
gum of frankincense wax; fresh moringa oil; Cyprus grass.
The mixture was ground finely, mixed with fermented plant juice, and applied daily.

Moringa oil can also be used as a leave-in conditioner
or hot oil treatment and does wonders for itchy,
irritated scalp or damaged hair.
Moringa oil is the most stable oil in nature and it does not go rancid.
From Egypt.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2011 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I ordered it to use on the face from that site, thanks for the link. Do you know if I can just rub it in or does it have to be combined with another to dilute? I wasn't clear.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2011 2:22 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I ordered it to use on the face from that site, thanks for the link. Do you know if I can just rub it in or does it have to be combined with another to dilute? I wasn't clear.

Hi Annie, it seems that you can just rub it into the skin as the Elemis capsules give those directions and the capsules contain only moringa oil and either lavender or rose essential oil.

FYI I've both two different bottles of MO and one was yellow and separated, so that didn't seem right. The other was clear and odorless, so I assumed it wasn't organic.

I never used either, so my search for organic moringa oil continues.
vasilenka
5% products discount

Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I am very interested in that oil as well.
So if anybody has good reviews or good website to buy from i am looking forward to it Smile
i found on amazon but it had one bad review..
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2011 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I ordered mine a while back from that site but still haven't gotten it in. Has anyone else had luck?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I am still waiting for my order. I have sent 3 emails and left 2 messages but they do not return any. I had to escalate a claim thru Paypal to get my money back.
Has anyone else ordered from them and had any response?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Bummer about the crappy service, AnnieR! I'd love to hear about it if anyone discovers a reliable vendor for this stuff.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Annie, sorry to hear about the hassle. I don't know of a vendor. Both of the ones I tried were not satisfactory.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Someone just recently recommended a supplier with good prices and service too me, but I neglected to bookmark the site. I will try to contact the person and get it again, but on the way out so maybe in a day or 2?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 11:49 am      Reply with quote
SoCalGal wrote:
Annie, sorry to hear about the hassle. I don't know of a vendor. Both of the ones I tried were not satisfactory.

I just spoke to Jim Fitzpatrick at Moringasource.com
They will have oil within two weeks. Apparently inclement weather has caused some problems with the sourcing of oils in this 'industry'. I have powder and capsules from them.

~Sis

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
SoCalGal wrote:

I just spoke to Jim Fitzpatrick at Moringasource.com
They will have oil within two weeks. Apparently inclement weather has caused some problems with the sourcing of oils in this 'industry'. I have powder and capsules from them.

~Sis

Hi Sister Sweets, thank you for the heads up. I haven't seen this site before.
What benefit do you derive from the powder and capsules?
TIA
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
It is a wonderful all-around beneficial supplement/green food. I use barley and spirulina also as well as Vitamineral Green which has Moringa leaf in it in addition to a composite of other great green things! I rotate my greens.
I also make a huge green or a purple smoothie five or so days a week and grow most of my own veggies all summer.

I've never used the oil so I'll be curious what you think of it. (If you are in the position I'd try the capsules from here also - they are higher concentration of moringa than other sources. Really excellent. )

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I can't be sure but I think the quantity and quality of greens helps with the clarity of my skin, the energy level I have (very high) and keeps my hormones in check. Also my weight is good - lean, strong muscle but I exercise regularly also.
The moringa site I think gives the magnitude of the vitamins and minerals etc provided in the powder. It knocks the idea of taking a multi-vitamin right out of the box.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I can't be sure but I think the quantity and quality of greens helps with the clarity of my skin, the energy level I have (very high) and keeps my hormones in check. Also my weight is good - lean, strong muscle but I exercise regularly also.
The moringa site I think gives the magnitude of the vitamins and minerals etc provided in the powder. It knocks the idea of taking a multi-vitamin right out of the box.

Thank you, Sis! My doctor just emailed me back to give me the go-ahead to try the supplement. I really, really, really need help with energy and I'm taking CoQ10, Vit D and B12 already.
I'm psyched!
Thanks again! You don't know how much each little 'help' means to me as I try to regain my health!
Have a great weekend!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
That is good to know, but if they had just replied to my emails or messages left then I would have been content to at least know they INTENDED to ship it or it was on backorder or SOMETHING. That I can tolerate, but a no package or no reply makes me wonder if they are a shady site. I have had too many issues with those in the past! Crying or Very sad

5% products discount

Thu May 19, 2011 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
SoCalGal wrote:

You can purchase moringa oil at FromNatureWithLove. 1 oz sells for $11.44.
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no, Annie, is this the place that you ordered from???!!!! Yikes! I hope all is well, as I just ordered from them!

How funny!

Sis, do you know if they'll send out emails when the oil is available?

Thanks!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
They told me they would email me when the oil came in. I might get a small size just to try. I'm an oil junkie. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
They told me they would email me when the oil came in. I might get a small size just to try. I'm an oil junkie. Very Happy

If you remember, would you let me know too? I'd like to try it too.
I'm a total oil junkie too!
Thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |