Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
USA Trip- Product shopping??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I'm off on holiday to the US next Friday- a dayish in LA, Vegas for five days, then another five driving from San Fran up the coast back to LA. And I was wondering if this could be a good time to pick up some discounted products (postal fees to the UK are pricey!)?

Can I pick up things like Skinceuticals, HA supplements and Emu oil in pharmacies? Are there any recommendations of "must buy/try" that's worth picking up whilst I'm there.

I use mainly retinol/TCA/Anti-oxidents/moisturisors/HA those kind of things.

Thanks for any tips in advance.

Dani.

5% products discount

Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:55 am      Reply with quote
preenie,

I see where your skin is "prone to congestion"...what else, is it dry or oily...is it sensitive?

I have slightly dry skin & I am not prone to breakouts/congestion, so take that into consideration...for moisture I like CeraVe Cream...it has glycerin, ceramides, HA, etc. They also make a lotion which I have never tried....but even some people with oily skin like the cream better, it is not greasy at all.

I am not sure about the emu oil...you may have to go to a Health Foods Store. I do use Desert Essence Jojoba oil and get it from Whole Foods, they might possibly have emu there. (I am on the east coast, so hopefully the west coast people will be able to answer those questions)

Only other suggestion I have is Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray....love it when my face is dry and also to spritz my face with on long plane rides!

Have a great vacation!
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to New York next month and I'm defintely going to pick up SkinMedica's Vitamin C/E serum. It's nowhere to be found in England.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend going to one of the Sephora stores in New York City (There are 14 in New York City). They carry many big name brands.

As far as SkinCeuticals, these products cannot be purchased at pharmacies. SkinCeuticals is sold at the SkinCeuticals website in USA (uncertain if they ship outside USA) and at some dermatologist offices as well as a few spas. You can go to Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa in New York City to see if they have SkinCeuticals in stock. I have purchased SkinCeuticals from Red Door Spa in Connecticut.

Red Door Spa
691 Fifth Avenue at 54th Street
New York, NY 10022
(212) 546-0200

Sephora (listed just a few that you are bound to bump into in NYC)
-Columbus Circle, NYC
-Times Square, NYC
-Fifth Avenue, NYC
-150 Broadway, NYC

Hope this helps!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
And for Las Vegas:

Sephora
-Miracle Mile, Las Vegas
-Venetian, Las Vegas
-Town Square, Las Vegas
-Meadows SC in JC Penney, Las Vegas

And for San Francisco:

Red Door Spa
126 Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415) 989-4888 (phone)

Sephora
-Powell Street, San Francisco
-Stonestown Galleria, San Francisco
-Union Street, San Francisco

And for Los Angeles:

Sephora
-Beverly Center, Los Angeles
-Century City, Los Angeles

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
You are coming at a great time -- weather still terrific (no rain) and much smaller crowds. San Francisco, which is always beautiful, is especially gorgeous this time of year.

In addition to Sephora (the Sephoras are practically as ubiquitous as Starbucks, and I have found the selection here not much different from other parts of the world) you may want to stop in at a day spa to check out some of the more intriguing items. A good resource iswww.yelp.com -- in fact, you might want to use Yelp to find restaurants and other places worth visiting.

You're least likely to find what you want at a pharmacy, unless you need a prescription filled.

P.S. It sounds odd to California ears to drive "up" the coast from SF to LA. SF to LA is clearly "down!"
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Check out this thread

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39426

It's really cheap and if doesn't work for you, you only spend 3 quid Very Happy
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
THanks so much guys for your tips.

So Sephora I'll def be looking out for!

And this £3 cream sounds right up my street, although saying that my skin doesn't love Glycolic but my BBF with appreciate it.

The thing that costs me a lot to have sent over is Hyaluronic Acid/type II Collagen supplements, is this something you can pick up at the health store?

Thanks

Dani

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 am      Reply with quote
You will want to visit a Whole Foods or other health food store for supplements. (WF isn't really a health food store, but it carries many of the natural product lines). San Francisco has a ton of these kinds of stores, or take the bridge (or BART) over to Berkeley for a more interesting array of selections.
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Hermosa, will do.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |