Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your Top 5 Skin Care Devices/Tools & Why
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lucretia_zen
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
HI, I thought I'd start this thread as I'm interested in purchasing some skin care devices, but am unsure wear to even start.

I'm hoping some fellow EDSers who have tried some of the endless devices out there that claim to do everything under the sun, will be able to highlight some geniunely decent products for myself and any others who are interested - that do actually work and don't fall apart upon the fist 10 uses Exclamation

So I myself am 34 and just beginning to research anti-aging devices and skin care tools.
I have my Ageless if you Dare book on the way as well as some frownies - paid for and purchased, just waiting on them. I'm thinking of purchasing a Clarisonic and Safetox along the way, but am also interested in the vaculift. So I'm thinkg if we list our top picks with a breif description why we love them and how they are importand to us, this will be a very valuable thread to those interested in the same. Very Happy
Thanks

Female, 37, brunette, Fair/medium Skin. European background. Combination skin, that becomes sensitive & reactive when emotionaly & physically stressed & also reacts terribly to heat and wind. Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to send you flowers. Smile
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:51 am      Reply with quote
I can highly recommend the Facial Brush, although Clarisonic was out of my price range I bought a version called "Tresonic" and it really is a must have tool for brightening the skin.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:53 am      Reply with quote
I can highly recommend the Facial Brush, although Clarisonic was out of my price range I bought a version called "Tresonic" and it really is a must have tool for brightening the skin.
Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:01 am      Reply with quote
As far as gadgets go, I only have an LED at the moment. DO love it, I think it plumps up my skin nicely, I have only been using it for about 6-8 weeks.

Next I am really intersted in a vaculifter and the STOP!
I'd also like to look into some RF device, but don't really understand them to much as yet!

I am also thinking about the dermaroller, but can't do everything at once..lol!!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Clarisonic is at the very top of my list, but I used to have DermaWand and I loved it. I wish I never lost it.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
1.Lightstim is great for pumping.the skin up..kinda looks like natural fillers! Wink
2.Safetox...really gets working on the forehead lines and 11s.
3.Stop smooths out fine lines and skin tightens some
4.Galvanic spa...lifts and tones(haven't shared much about this but I love it...newest toy!)
5.Lightstim again.. Laughing I have two so that I can speed up the treatment...if it is easy and fast, I will do it on a consistent basis. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
1.- Facial exercises and massage. Nothing has proven to be so cost effective to me. Besides is the only thing fits in my luggage when I travel Very Happy

2.-Suction massage (vaculifter for many) I don't have enough words to say how many wonders has done for me and my friends.

3.-Dermaroller. Not because of my own use but what I've seen in doing it in my sister. Simply amazing.

4.-UP5 & Facemate I adore both gadgets. They are so versatile. I can use them for cleansing, product absorption and skin massage. I haven't use them for a while now... I have to rescue them!LOL!

5.-Safetox... Since switching the electrode (to a cefaly one) is a re-invented tool for me. I can't speak yet in terms of physical results but I am totally hooked to the relax I get from it. Every cycle is only 5 mins but it feels like a deep meditation session to me. I just wish it lasted 15 min per cycle! I am happy if it does nothing for my face. Relaxing is a beauty tool for sure!

Wink
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I guess those microdermabrasion machines are not popular here.

I don't think I like the idea of using suction cups on my skin.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I want to hear more about Toby's latest toy. Time for a new "toy" thread.

In no particular order:

1. LED lights - I have Dermawave (two actually)and Prolight Red. I use them after CP serums or C serums to boost the effect. I notice a texture improvement - one might even say there is the glow factor and tightening effects.

2. Dermarolling - I think this is brilliant and effective for maximum product penetration and for boosting collagen.

3. Facial exercise and massage. I do some form everyday.

4, Galvanic Spa haha No I don"t have one...yet

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:25 am      Reply with quote
1) Palacia High Frequency Machine - It's the only gadget I'm using with any regularity right now. It has helped tremendously with the sun damage on the back of my neck. (Thank you, Keliu!!)

2) Galvanic Spa - I don't use it as regularly as I should but when I do, it makes my skin so smooth and seems to give my skin a lift.

3) LED - I don't use this as regularly as I should either. When I used it everyday, I could definitely see an improvement in wrinkles. When I quit using it, though, they came back.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am      Reply with quote
This is very helpful to see these lists. Anyone with a solution for firming and lifting lower face and mouth?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:41 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
This is very helpful to see these lists. Anyone with a solution for firming and lifting lower face and mouth?

I thought it would be the DermaWand, or maybe something else?
Ian Brirum

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
May I add a pair of running shoes ? When you actively sweat, you are allowing toxins to get out. Then it is a good time to shower, and apply whatever skin care products you find appropriate.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Hey, I just wanted to say a big THANKS to everyone who has contributed to this thread thus far. Very Happy Dancing

It's really interesting to see what everyone uses and loves.
There are so many different devices out there and we have endless threads on our thoughts and reviews of them here on EDS. It's cool to have this shortlist, so we can all see easily what devices seem to work for others.

I suppose for me, the more people who have confidence in a particular device, who have tried and tested it and love it, that adds to its credibility. I can then go out and start my investigations on that product. Or if I've already started the investigation process then I will have more confidence to spend the money and give it a go.

Hope to receive some more input from others soon.

Female, 37, brunette, Fair/medium Skin. European background. Combination skin, that becomes sensitive & reactive when emotionaly & physically stressed & also reacts terribly to heat and wind. Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to send you flowers. Smile
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I don't have five gadgets that I use..but I'll post on what I enjoy and use to date..right now I'm in the first weeks of using the vaculifter and copper peptides. So too early to give them a thumbs up yet. However..I'm enjoying the vaculifter..and hope it works.

!. Clarsonic - I think it works wonders..makes my skin look radiant..and makes using retin a no big deal..because it exfoliates all the peeling skin. Makes a huge difference, especially if you are doing obaji.

2. LED...I didn't think it really did much..then looking back at photos while I was using it..my skin looked flawless and young. I back to using..lol

3. Retin A (not a gadget) but it changes your skin..back to young. takes time..but worth it.

4. sunscreen. I noticed my skin looking younger..yes..because of I take care of it..but I feel sunscreen protects it while as it rejuvenates.

5. facial exercises...I do a few..and they do work...
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
In no particular order:

1. Led Light Device
2. Galvanic Machine
3. High Frequency
4. Derma roller
5. Microdermabrasion Machine

I bought the Microdermabrasion machine cheap off eBay for $140 from a seller with positive feedback and ten purchases made on this item (I searched for individual reviews). It works extremely well; the item itself does not look or feel cheap. It has already paid for itself; I have done four treatments that would have totaled $480.00AUD at the clinic and am very happy with both the machine and the results.

I did want to give the clarasonic a go but could not justify spending that much money on what essentially is a brush. I instead visited the department store and purchased a Colgate electronic tooth brush that is designed for kids so the bristles are quite gentle with a cost of $10.00AUD (The tooth brush head is surprisingly somewhat big which means it’s very quick). I use it with a very rich cream cleanser (not so much a bubbly liquid cleanser). I highly recommend it as an alternative and at the price you may as well give it a try. Smile Smile Smile

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Dewdrops

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
In no particular order:

1. Led Light Device
2. Galvanic Machine
3. High Frequency
4. Derma roller
5. Microdermabrasion Machine

I bought the Microdermabrasion machine cheap off eBay for $140 from a seller with positive feedback and ten purchases made on this item (I searched for individual reviews). It works extremely well; the item itself does not look or feel cheap. It has already paid for itself; I have done four treatments that would have totaled $480.00AUD at the clinic and am very happy with both the machine and the results.

I did want to give the clarasonic a go but could not justify spending that much money on what essentially is a brush. I instead visited the department store and purchased a Colgate electronic tooth brush that is designed for kids so the bristles are quite gentle with a cost of $10.00AUD (The tooth brush head is surprisingly somewhat big which means it’s very quick). I use it with a very rich cream cleanser (not so much a bubbly liquid cleanser). I highly recommend it as an alternative and at the price you may as well give it a try. Smile Smile Smile
Would you be able to let me know the name/id of the ebay seller. I have had microdermabrasion done before and love how my skin looks and feels after so was looking for a cheaper alternative.
u r right, all cosmetic procedures cost a fortune in OZ Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
I know the way you feel DewDrops. I have an at home alternative to every noninvasive treatment available at clinics. I simply refuse to be ripped off. Exclamation

I had a few professional treatments including Microdermabrasion but the procedure appeared so easy (basically all you have to do is pull the skin with one hand and glide the tip over it with the other) it suddenly seemed so expensive. Microdermabrasion is great for any skin issue. I personally use it for anti-aging. Razz

Some of the users on this forum inject their own Fillers etc. I could never do that it just seems so risky. I am looking into purchasing a needle free mesotherapy machine as an alternative (does injections without any needles). Idea

Since purchasing the Microdermabrasion machine it would seem another five have done so. Here is a link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200326553214 the item comes from Hong Kong which you forget about when you look at the seller’s feedback profile:

bigcamel77 (Feedback Score Of 5236)
99.4% Positive feedback
Top Rated Seller
Consistently receives highest buyers' ratings
Ships items quickly
Has earned a track record of excellent service

The Microdermabrasion machine doesn’t feel or look cheap. The machine is made out of solid metal; it is a strong piece of equipment. Not like most cheap objects that are made from plastic so thin it’s like once inch within its life from breaking lol!! Rolling Eyes

I have purchased all my beauty machines off eBay and have never had any issues with any of them. In fact after searching the net it would appear other shops (even the better ones) that aren’t on eBay are selling the same devices at a huge mark up. Companies will always be lurking for new customers to exploit so in the end it comes down to the customer and whether or not they allow these companies to rip them off. A good example of this is the BEAUTI TRON ES - 350 FACAIL MASSAGER available for purchase from Palacia for $189.00 and the exact same model sold on eBay for $54.58 that’s like over 60% off, below are links to compare:

Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190443615867&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Palacia:
http://www.palaciaskincare.com/beauti-tron-es-350-facail-massager-c-58-p-1-pr-300.html

Always do your homework before purchasing anything. Any price you find from a shop on the internet will most likely be less expensive on eBay. Shock

Also if you love exfoliating and do not own a clarasonic brush try that Colgate brush. I would love to hear your opinion on it. Wink

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
hippie_sotong
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:28 am      Reply with quote
i haven't tried many devices before, but i wish to say i really love my Clarisonic face brush!

i can never do without not using it for more than a few days..
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:33 am      Reply with quote
The clarasonic does sound good but not for the price.

I cant find a low priced portable oxygen machine but really want one!! Smile Laughing Smile
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:06 am      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
I
Some of the users on this forum inject their own Fillers etc. I could never do that it just seems so risky. I am looking into purchasing a needle free mesotherapy machine as an alternative (does injections without any needles). Idea

Hi echoecho,

have you find a reasonably priced meso gun? what are you mainly going to use it for?

thanks

Jackie xx
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
The clarasonic does sound good but not for the price.

I cant find a low priced portable oxygen machine but really want one!! Smile Laughing Smile

I never tried clarisonic but I got Pretika, it's only $50 and it gives a very good exfoliation as the brush is not as soft as the clarisonic ones ( I know it from the reviews by other users) I bought mine from ncn.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie: Smile
I was going to use it in conjunction with a DIY vitamin serum including vitamins a, c, and e (or maybe even Syn-ake) but haven’t been able to find a reasonably priced mesotherapy gun. After doing a huge search on the internet yesterday the best price available would appear to be $500 below is a link:

http://www.juveni.com/products/Juveni%C2%AE-Mesolift-Device.-Mechanic-Mesogun-%252b-Free-2-Mesolift-kit.html

This really surprised me because unlike many other machines that come with a power supply a mesotherapy gun is essentially made from plastic. The conclusion is there must not be a big enough market for mesotherapy. There is another Mesotherapy machine on eBay for $300AUD but no other customers have bought it which means that no one has left any feedback regarding it:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380220094551&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT

I did find some other items that claim to be "needle free" alternatives to mesotherapy but have a sneaking suspicion that they are no different to ultrasound/galvanic machines that work to push actives into your skin:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110592348500&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT

After growing tired of searching the whole impulsive shopping spree ended with me purchasing the “Ther Infrared Skin Care Softlaser” that can reach deeper than the average red led light device and at 790nm it is more powerful, Titan (a popular facial firming laser) is 1100nm. This was a steal on eBay for $100.00AUD and fifty other customers have bought the same item:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380131908732&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT

I also looked for a portable oxygen machine but had no such luck, which was a total bummer.

Daler: Smile
That model sounds great and it did get a high rating onwww.Makeupalley.com so snaps!!

It seems to me that the Colgate electronic toothbrush gives the same results. Sounds a little funny using a toothbrush on your face but it would appear that it works on the same idea. I can just relax while slowly brushing away dead skin cells with a cream cleanser. Razz

Come on everybody... What is your opinion? Got any advice?

Anastasiabeauty
5% products discount

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:04 am      Reply with quote
God, I didn't know you can do a DIY mesotherapy. Does anyone have any luck with doing it at home?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Hello Anastasiabeauty,
That was a quick shopping phase. It ended with me purchasing an infared laser Razz You can get needle free machines but they dont look any different to an ultrasound or galvanic machine.

Smile Smile Smile

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |