Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Useless anti-aging devices (for me)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
WearyAtlas
5% products discount

Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
This is my summary of all devices i have.

1. Safetox (used for 7 months, developed huge upper lids drop)

2. Timepeel (did nothing to me, totally waste of money)

3. Dermawand (results are very temporary, can burn skin)

4. Tua Viso (can be easily substitute by facial exercise, i use this device on neck only)

5. Facial Flex (you put this one in your mouth and work out. Can couse a huge monkey mouth, smoker lines)

6. Ageless, Face Flex (books, DVDs) - can developed wrinkles, tired skin.

7. Clarisonic (can stretch skin)

The one device i love is Anti-Aging LightStim.
Vitamin C serum and TCA peels (Blue Peel by Obagi), Botox, and Retin-A worked for me very well.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, of the gadgets you mention as a no-no, the only one I own is Safetox and for me it has worked, and works very well, it has actually had the opposite effect you seem to have gone through, it has uplifted my eyelids... Did you use it using the three point schedule?
Can't say anything about the other gadgets you mention, as I don't know about them, except facial exercises -Ageless, Flexeffect, etc, miscellaneous results according to what exercises I have used but generally pleased once gone through trial and error.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Weary,
Just curious, but in what way did the Clarisonic stretch your skin? Thanks!

5% products discount

Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Did you use it using the three point schedule?

Yes, i used Safetox using three points. I want to like Safetox because of all reviews and cost. Primarily, i wanted to extend my Botox by using Stox.
I had no wrinkles on my forehead. After a week of using Safetox i noticed 11 lines at glabella and the area below eyebrow looks droopy and all my upper lid developed extra fold of skin.
When i stopped using SF, my face came back to normal. Thanks heaven.
I experimented with ST for 7 month and gave up. Not for me.
I glad it is working for some people.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh! About Safetow I had thought it may not do much for certain people, but I had never thought it would actually cause any drawbacks as you mention! I had never heard about these adverse effects before, just simply nothing happening or benefits.
Can't say anything about the question posted of the Clarisonic stretching the skin, as I don't have one.
WearyAtlas
5% products discount

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Just curious, but in what way did the Clarisonic stretch your skin? Thanks

I used Clarisonic and hated it from the first day. I used magnified mirror and checked out the all process. My skin was pulled out in all directions. This is can cause stretch. I did ask a plastic surgeon about Clarisonic and he said it is a good tool, but cannot be used every day.

Oh, i forgot to mention, i love love love dermarolling. I do 1 mm rolling every 6 days and glycolic peels 50% every week, 21% TCA peels every 4 months.

I understand, guys, that everybody is different, just sharing my experience.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
WearyAtlas wrote:
I did ask a plastic surgeon about Clarisonic and he said it is a good tool, but cannot be used every day.

Hi wearyatlas. The plastic surgeon said that the Clarisonic cannot be used every day? Did he give a reason why? I have the Mia and I cannot use it every day, as it dries my skin out, but I am curious what the surgeon had to say, as I know it is recommended to use it every day.
WearyAtlas
5% products discount

Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Did he give a reason why? I have the Mia and I cannot use it every day, as it dries my skin out,

According to him, over-exfoliation can cause drying and premature aging. No-one needs exfoliate twice a day (on top of other chemical and mechanical methods as scrubs, peels, ext). And Clarisonic is a gentle tool, but still...
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I too had drooping from the safetox, - but then I tend to get drooping from botox also,

Jackie xx
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:04 am      Reply with quote
WearyAtlas wrote:
Quote:
Just curious, but in what way did the Clarisonic stretch your skin? Thanks

I used Clarisonic and hated it from the first day. I used magnified mirror and checked out the all process. My skin was pulled out in all directions. This is can cause stretch. I did ask a plastic surgeon about Clarisonic and he said it is a good tool, but cannot be used every day.

Oh, i forgot to mention, i love love love dermarolling. I do 1 mm rolling every 6 days and glycolic peels 50% every week, 21% TCA peels every 4 months.

I understand, guys, that everybody is different, just sharing my experience.

Thanks for getting back with me. I use the Clarisonic one time a day. I do agree that too much exfoliation may not be a good thing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:37 am      Reply with quote
WearyAtlas wrote:

According to him, over-exfoliation can cause drying and premature aging. No-one needs exfoliate twice a day (on top of other chemical and mechanical methods as scrubs, peels, ext). And Clarisonic is a gentle tool, but still...

Ok. Makes sense. Thanks for getting back to me!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your evaluation WA. Maybe you don't need all those things you were using....

I use the Clarisonic as a method of exfoliating - not everyday but I think it's billed that it can be used daily. I agree it could be a bit much - especially for a certain skin type.
My experience with facial exercise has been extremely positive. You can get "wrinkles" but they are temporary as your face lifts out of them once you keep working through them. I'm 2.5 years of faithful exercising and I've done Flex Effect, Carole Maggio and Ageless and still do all of them in one form or another. Flex Effect is my mainstay but I have 4 from CM that I adore. And two LouLou's.

Isn't 1mm dermarolling a lot to do every 6 days? Is your goal product penetration or collagen renewal? I would've thought a .25 or a.5 was designated for more frequent rolls. I'd like to get a 1.0mm but my intention was twice a month and to do the smaller sizes for product penetration twice a week.

The facial flex (gizmo that goes in the mouth). It intrigues me but I haven't tried it yet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

The facial flex (gizmo that goes in the mouth). It intrigues me but I haven't tried it yet.

Hi Sister sweets, I do have a friend that has it, it is a gadget that pulls the corners of mouth apart and you're supposed to try push them back to the normal position and close your mouth ... nothing to envy just putting forefingers inside the corners of mouth as resistance pull horizontally and pull inwards with muscle force to try to close mouth.

Curious too about using a 1mm roller every six days, I only use a dermaroller -0.25 mm- for product penetration and even then have to use it only twice a week to prevent skin peeling or going red.
WearyAtlas
5% products discount

Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm 2.5 years of faithful exercising and I've done Flex Effect, Carole Maggio and Ageless and still do all of them in one form or another. Flex Effect is my mainstay but I have 4 from CM that I adore. And two LouLou's.

I have Flex Effect (old edition), CMaggio, Ageless, and about 5 others program from different countries. I think, Carole did have a plastic surgery, she looks amazing. Deborah Crowley lost me at the beginning of DVD when she constantly contracted her forehead muscles (doing eyes exercise).

I do love 2-3 exercises from Flex Effect. And i am a firm believer in neck/jaw every day exercises.
As for 1 mm dermarolling, i have a very thick skin. After rolling, my face just pinkish-red, no red dots, blood, etc. I have also 0.3mm which i use around the eyes.
Facial Flex little thingy was just not right. Actually, it can work very well on strengthen the neck and jaw, but has side effect (deep smoker lines)
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't classify the Clarisonic as an exfoliator - the brushes are relatively soft and if you look at the head when it is working, the brush merely goes back and forth not around and around. I can't see how using it would stretch the skin - I think you would be more likely to stretch the skin with a wash cloth by rubbing and tugging.

I would regard the Timepeel as an exfoliator though - the amount of gunk that comes off my skin when I use it (usually after I've already used the Clarisonic) is frightening. The diamond head can leave the skin abraded if it's used incorrectly.

I also think it's very difficult to burn yourself with a Dermawand. Dermawand treatments are supposed to be very short, maybe 3 minutes, continually moving the device over the skin. You can spot treat pimples by raising the device off the skin slightly - but to cause a burn you would have to be doing this excessively.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I agree re the Clarisonic - as I don't think its any good as an exfoliator as its far too soft, and Keliu is right in that you could do more damage to yourself using a washcloth or exfoliating cloth.

Although Deb used to contract her face in the old dvd, even though she did, I was mighty impressed when her skin snapped back. If you take a look at the intro clip on youtube - I think she looks even better now.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
WA, we have a similar gizmo graveyard....

I've used:

Timepeel; terrible - thins my skin so lines show more (even if I do it lightly).

Safetox; now a few days ago, I would have said complete waste of time but did it lying down for first time today, and BIG difference. So jury's out at mo.

Tua Viso; worse than facial exercises as you don't control the muscle target.

Facial Flex; love/hate it. It does work - and believe me I had been doing the fingers in the mouth thing for 6 years with no effect. But it's actually worked too well and built up my masseter muscles as well as cheeks. This one would be great for men looking to build a stronger jaw line.

Ageless; developed monkey mouth and worsened parenthesis lines.

Body Vaculift; gives me bruises and broken caps.

Just ordered AALS and love my facial vaculifter, Tresonics (same as clarisonics but I use it for dry-brushing), dermarollers and the Tanaka massage.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
WA, we have a similar gizmo graveyard.....

Just ordered AALS and love my facial vaculifter, Tresonics (same as clarisonics but I use it for dry-brushing), dermarollers and the Tanaka massage.

Hi Miranda,

I know it has not been long but what do you think of the AALS? I think maybe of all the gadgets this might have the most positives. What do you think?
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mommydearest,

Apologies everyone else for OT here; but the AALS thread is sooo long!

My experience with the AALS (so far) is this:

It arrived last Monday (4th Oct); I used it 3 mins on each area. Saw no difference.

Tuesday; roughly followed Kassy_A's protocol; drank 2 glasses of water and sprayed green tea onto skin first. Then overlapped each area for 3 mins. My skin immediately looked more plump. However this can also translate into puffy/swollen looking.

Wednesday; repeated Kassy's protocol and skin remained plump/swollen. Even the next day my skin was the same.

What I can compare it to, the day after doing a deep (1.5mm) dermaroll, my skin will be inflamed. It will look plump due to the slight swelling and my pores will look enlarged due to slight stretching of skin. This is exactly how my skin looked for two days after using the AALS. Skin also looked like I was wearing a great, sheer foundation! And even-skin tone is an effect that many users notice.

I didn't use it since last Wednesday til last night, so that's quite a break. This morning, despite using the same protocol (although after one week, I'm sure I need to brew some new green tea), I haven't noticed any change in my skin!

Don't really know what to make of it all. I realise that you cannot get an overnight improvement from the AALS - infact as it's collagen-building, improvements should be seen after 6 weeks. But my skin reaction couldn't be down to inflammation as the AALS does the opposite to d'rolling.

Also my goal isn't to massively improve my skin as it's already looking pretty good these days (although I wouldn't complain if it did improve more!); my main aim with the AALS is maintenance.

I guess I need more time to see what it's doing but if I had to do a thumbs up or down; right now it would be a tentative up.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I personally don't see how any home gadget can give instantaneous improvement to the skin. Even if you have a salon laser treatment you will be told that it will be more than six months before any improvement is seen.

The premise of the AALS is that it is supposed to help stimulate the production of collagen and elastin - collagen takes at least three months to "grow", so I can't see how there can be any physiological improvement in the skin from a couple of treatments.

I've been using the AALS for a few years now, fairly regularly and I have seen a real improvement in my skin since I joined this Forum. However, I have never seen an instant visible improvement with anything that I've tried.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I do agree with your view Keliu and I'm loathe to give others unreal expectations but I have to report what I see, and something is working favorably with my skin and I haven't started anything else new. Could perhaps be the green tea spray??

Or then again, at the moment I'm reading about Noetic Science and the power of the mind; I really believe in the capabilities of the AALS. Maybe my positivity is creating this improvement?

Yesterday I went into Space NK (beauty store where sales assistants are trained make-up artists) and the girl asked which foundation I was wearing. I wasn't wearing any (or anything else other than moisturizer) and she was amazed. There is undoubtedly from my point of view and others (also couple of friends have made comments on my skin) that since last week, my skin tone looks good. Even my husband has noticed and that is a shocker.

However the swelling/plumped look has subsided.

My hands aren't looking plumped-out but they too are looking a little more 'glowy'.

One negative result since beginning the AALS; I've developed a number of under the skin cysts (5) and a few white heads. Does the AALS help 'push' products into the skin? I use hempseed oil after the AALS and I know I get this same skin reaction to using HSO in conjunction with the Tanaka massage.

Quote:
However, I have never seen an instant visible improvement with anything that I've tried.

I have to disagree with this though; well - it depends on how you describe 'instant'. I've seen an instant improvement in skin condition with using hempseed oil and improvements within a week of using the vaculift and drybrushing.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:38 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
I do agree with your view Keliu and I'm loathe to give others unreal expectations but I have to report what I see, and something is working favorably with my skin and I haven't started anything else new. Could perhaps be the green tea spray??

By "instant improvement" I mean a physical improvement, ie tighter skin, diminishing of wrinkles. I don't see how the skin can change biologically in a few days. Green Tea is supposed to have excellent anti-oxidant properties which will, over time, be beneficial to the skin but I don't understand how a few sprays could make a physical visible change to the skin. Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer, maybe I'm just getting too old and cynicle. Rolling Eyes However, I do notice with myself that I seem to go through cycles of being relatively happy with myself and thinking I look quite "perky" to other days when I wake up looking like Old Mother Hubbard! Unfortunately, the OMH days are becoming more the norm!

Quote:
Or then again, at the moment I'm reading about Noetic Science and the power of the mind; I really believe in the capabilities of the AALS. Maybe my positivity is creating this improvement?

Miranda - I really think you need to read this thread!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=39478&start=175

But honestly, I also often wonder if it's my "belief" in the High Frequency Wand that has managed to fix my neck and knee problems.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
However, I do notice with myself that I seem to go through cycles of being relatively happy with myself and thinking I look quite "perky" to other days when I wake up looking like Old Mother Hubbard! Unfortunately, the OMH days are becoming more the norm!

I hear yer!!
I'm sure it's not just rose-tinted glasses but sometimes I'm on a real upper in terms of perkiness. Others comment as well. Then there are the times when I'm tempted to wear a burka.

I'm exploring the whole mind over matter thing (read literally as the power of the mind over particles/atoms). I don't fully understand or fully believe it works, like if I imagine that I haven't got any stretchmarks, would they disappear? Doubt it. But there's got to be something about being positive and so if you truly believe that some gizmo will work, maybe some immediate positive changes can occur.
Keliu wrote:
Miranda - I really think you need to read this thread!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=39478&start=175

But honestly, I also often wonder if it's my "belief" in the High Frequency Wand that has managed to fix my neck and knee problems.

Thanks for the tip on the thread - from what I've seen, it looks interesting. And bravo for fixing your knee and neck problems - that's no mean feat to improve those two areas; whether it's the wand or your mind. Just keep believing in it!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
I'm exploring the whole mind over matter thing (read literally as the power of the mind over particles/atoms). I don't fully understand or fully believe it works, like if I imagine that I haven't got any stretchmarks, would they disappear? Doubt it. But there's got to be something about being positive and so if you truly believe that some gizmo will work, maybe some immediate positive changes can occur.

Well, the Placebo Effect is a known phenomenon and that's basically mind over matter.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
This is Miranda wrote:

Well, the Placebo Effect is a known phenomenon and that's basically mind over matter.

Not just that - have you considered the saying that beauty comes from within? When we are happy/positive/in a good place, you will find that those feelings are reflected in your face, thus giving you a 'glow'. Maybe that is what you are doing when you practice the mind over matter thing?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |