Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Milia!!! Help!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Melissa_Tang

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm a newbie here, and I find this site is very useful. I'm having problem with Milia. I have these yellowish bumps on my face for months, but I had no idea what they were. Then I did some research and found out they are called "Milia". It does effect my confidence and self-esteem. I refuse to go out with friends, and people at school keep asking what happened to my face! It is very very embarrassing!Crying or Very sad Please share some home remedies that help me get rid of these ugly things!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:47 am      Reply with quote
A dermatologist can remove these. IMO its better to go to a derm for this, since you have several, because you risk scarring your skin if you try to remove yourself. Also the derm can confirm if they really are milia or something else.
Melissa_Tang

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, GirlieGirl. I know only the derm can cure this, but I've been to two skin clinics. They didn't mention about Milia. They just said it was acne or white head or something. These people at my place are not that reliable. They care only for money, you know, even they don't know how to cure. Mine isn't bad, just a few, so I'm thinking maybe some home remedies would help.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:52 am      Reply with quote
If they said it was acne (which it could be), did they rx anything for you use to clear it up?
Melissa_Tang

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:52 am      Reply with quote
They did give cream and even medicine to take daily, but the cream is used to turn Milia into red pimple and then pop it out. That will make my face worse and leave scar everywhere. I just want them to disappear inside. Recently, I've been taking Vitamin E pill and my skin looks better except the white bumps are still there. Anyway, I noticed that some of them turn into small red pimple and I just pop it out without using any pressure. Do you think it is a good way to cure all my Milia away? sigh.... it does take time, though. *sad*
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/search.php?mode=results

5% products discount

Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
From what I've read about milia, they are not in a pore so there is no opening for them to "pop out" from. They are a keratin build up (protein) in a sweat gland or hair follicle and must be lanced to provide the opening for removal.

I had one large milia on my forehead that I lanced and used an extractor to remove most of it. I finished it by pressing with my fingers wrapped in tissue.

During a facial a couple of months ago, my esthetician recommended that I do a lot of exfoliation on my forehead, where I've had milia for about 30 years. I did a lactic acid peel and the next week a glycolic peel. I began vigorously exfoliating my forehead every night using a homemade AHA/BHA scrub.

I am happy to report that they are gone. My skin is very smooth and I have to look in a 15X magnifying mirror to see where they were. I am still doing the nightly exfoliation to keep others from forming. I am thrilled that after 30-plus years to be rid of them!!

Good luck to anyone else trying this method.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
MTang,
I've found that Origins Spot Remover, helps milia dissapear. No popping or removing. A small dot seems to dissolve it. Lately, I've had a hard time finding it at the Origins counter or even on-line. (hope it's not discontinued) Get some if you can. HTH
Melissa_Tang

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks alot, Kristy! I just found other hundred related posts!
Melissa_Tang

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing, Luca4! Whao, it had been 30 years!? That's quite long. I'm trying Aspirin Mask with honey recently. It helps to remove dead cell on the surface, so I can remove the white thing out. I wrap my fingers with tissue as well, and try to be clean! I'm glad you finally got rid of these stupid bumps. Hope I will get the same result! *Hopeful*
Melissa_Tang

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Redhead, I googled about Origins Spot Remover. There are some bad/good comments abt it. Mostly they use it to remove acne, but mine are milias. Hmm.... Will try to find out more. Thank you so much!
redhead

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:38 am      Reply with quote
The Spot Remover is very strong. You don't put it all over your face. Just a tiny drop on the end of a toothpick (that's how little you need) and place it only on the milia itself. It really does work. (and that aspirin mask is nice too)
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Melissa_Tang wrote:
They did give cream and even medicine to take daily, but the cream is used to turn Milia into red pimple and then pop it out.

What cream did they give you? It sounds like you do have acne. Milia wont turn into a red pimple.
Melissa_Tang

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
redhead wrote:
The Spot Remover is very strong. You don't put it all over your face. Just a tiny drop on the end of a toothpick (that's how little you need) and place it only on the milia itself. It really does work. (and that aspirin mask is nice too)

Okay, now which one do you think is better - Aspirin Mask or Spot Remover?
Melissa_Tang

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Melissa_Tang wrote:
They did give cream and even medicine to take daily, but the cream is used to turn Milia into red pimple and then pop it out.

What cream did they give you? It sounds like you do have acne. Milia wont turn into a red pimple.

Most of the clinic here give us cream/medicine with no label or brand. So I don't know what that derm gave me. So you think it's not milia, but acne? I talked to this girl who has been trying Aspirin Mask. She said her milia also turn into red pimple and then she pop the white thing out. Maybe this is how Aspirin Mask work?
KrazieRunner

Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Milia is very hard to remove on your own. I usually get 1 very small one every couple of months and my esthetician that I go see removes them. So I think getting them extracted by a professional would be your best bet.
Faustine

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I get milia on my skin if I am not very stringent in my facial care. I use retin a which helps with them and also I find a rough pad with salicylic acid on them helps a lot.

I have very tough skin and these two products can be irritating for some people so be careful and go gently at first. Another good thing is regular gentle exfolication with something like a mircofibre cloth.

If you can visit your doctor and ask about a topical retin a cream.

Good luck!
Seeking solution

Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have had bumps above my eyelids from the time I became conscious of my looks at the time adolescence. Now I am 29, but inclined to think that I actually has them from my childhood.
Because they don't hurt or itch, I never bothered, but now I have come to a realization that I need to get them off. I am a black woman, so looking at internet descriptions of milia as 'white/yellow bumps' I feel like it is how it manifests in white people. But the google images of milia is exactly what I have above my eyelids.javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes')

The Doctor has not told me of anything nearer to Milia, but he precribed for me Skinoren. It is the third day I am using it, but I dont want to feel like there is any change although I notice a certain reduction in the sizes of each bump from the previous. I have to back to the doctor after a month of using skinoren, but I will get back to this forum to report how it is going and whether it is of much help! If there is no improvement, I will just tell the doctor I think I have milia as per internet search, and see if he can recommend some other treatment.

I know these bumps suck!!! and mine are so visible except my generally smooth face takes attention and none gets to notice the milia (yuck!) thing javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes')

Anyway, let me keep you posted say after 2 weeks if there is improvement.
I am inspired by the poster who said she had it for 30 years and now she is a 'free' woman. So I know I will soon be there Mad
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
I think some people are just genetically predisposed to getting them. I get fewer now than when I was using heavy eye creams. I tend to get them on or around my eyelids where they are hard to remove because you can't grab them. They wiggle around. I poke it with a needle dipped in rubbing alcohol and irritate it a bit. Then it gets a little reddish over the next couple of days and the inflammation pushes it out. It's like a little pearl. Never had a scars from them though. My dermatologist said it was okay to pick at them! So I do, because that sets up mild inflammation as well.
gloria777
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:54 am      Reply with quote
I just had a mila removed when I had a facial. I had one on my cheek,and like Luca4 had mentioned, you have to get them lanced. It didn't hurt at all, but it looked like a very fine pin she used to remove it!
MyBestFriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Here's what I learned online about Milia:

Treatments Your Provider May Prescribe
If the diagnosis from the doctor is primary milia in an infant, no treatment is necessary, as the bumps will go away on their own within a few weeks.

Primary or secondary milia in an adult may disappear on their own, but your doctor may treat you with one of the following:

* Piercing each milium with a sterile lancet or scalpel followed by removal of the cyst material with a tool called a comedone extractor
* Topical retinoid cream such as tretinoin, tazarotene, or adapalene
* A series of fruit acid peels or microdermabrasion procedures at the dermatologist's office
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |