Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Obagi Elastiderm - Bad wrinkles under eyes need help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nmorgen

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I was thinking about trying the Obagi Elastiderm for fine wrinkles under my eyes. Has anyone tried this product before and has it worked for you? Are there any other prodcts that would work better? I'm only 35 and I am already getting bad wrinkles under my eyes I need something. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Elastiderm. I've tried lots of eye creams and this is my favorite so far.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:47 am      Reply with quote
i have not used it, but maybe you can use the afrim1 which is a A retin, and 1 is for the eye and sinsitive skin.You can have a try.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I don't know why. I love Obagi product for my freckles but somehow, I got more wrinkles under my eyes after I use obagi. I think my skin got thinner that is why. I am on maintenance .
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:47 am      Reply with quote
azumma wrote:
I don't know why. I love Obagi product for my freckles but somehow, I got more wrinkles under my eyes after I use obagi. I think my skin got thinner that is why. I am on maintenance .

Me too, I think should avoid under eyes area, but it is too late now.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I would try it. Obaji is a great line..and they wouldn't develop an eye cream that would worsen wrinkles.
I've never tried it because my eyes are pretty wrinkle free and the Elastiderm is very expensive

However this is my approach: I get botox around my eyes ..which really is key in keeping the wrinkles away. It also allows my topicals to keep the skin young..and repair any line that may be there.

If I were you...I'd also look at the clarsonic opal too..for around the eyes. I really love my clarsonic and would think anything that company turns out would be really good.

You are young..and you can get rid of those wrinkles..it will just take trial and error to find what will work for you.

Good luck!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I used Nuderm eye cream when I first started OBAGI. It did not work.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I use only 0.025% retin-a for under my eyes, and it works well for me. My fine lines are very very faint.
SandraD4880
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I used a whole air tight bottle of that expensive junk back in 2008. Didn't make a difference. Look at this list of mostly crap ingredients...

Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, C13-15 Alkane, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, PEG-100 Stearate, Diproprylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether Benzoate, Polyacrylamide, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Dimethicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Algae Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Malonic Acid, Malachite, Zinc Carbonate, Silica, Talc, Alumina, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).

I had a line under my left eye. Never went away, elastiderm did NOTHING. Now I use various oils and pure hyaluronic acid that I DIY, (or DIM I guess) and it's gone. Don't waste your money, just look at THOSE ingredients!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I am an Obagi user. But I don't have fine wrinkles under my eyes. I sleep at least 7-8 hours, and I do massage the eye area where wrinkles usually show the age.... the only Obagi I don't use is their eye cream, as it did not work for me. I use just the normal moisturizer on the eye areas and it is working for me...

nmorgen wrote:
Hi,

I was thinking about trying the Obagi Elastiderm for fine wrinkles under my eyes. Has anyone tried this product before and has it worked for you? Are there any other prodcts that would work better? I'm only 35 and I am already getting bad wrinkles under my eyes I need something. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Yes, hotdocgirl, I agree..I should get a botox around my eyes. Maybe that solve my wrinkles under my eyes. My skin got so thin. But what is the cost for botox and how long it will last? Everything is about the money Embarassed Confused Cool

hotdocgirl wrote:
I would try it. Obaji is a great line..and they wouldn't develop an eye cream that would worsen wrinkles.
I've never tried it because my eyes are pretty wrinkle free and the Elastiderm is very expensive

However this is my approach: I get botox around my eyes ..which really is key in keeping the wrinkles away. It also allows my topicals to keep the skin young..and repair any line that may be there.

If I were you...I'd also look at the clarsonic opal too..for around the eyes. I really love my clarsonic and would think anything that company turns out would be really good.

You are young..and you can get rid of those wrinkles..it will just take trial and error to find what will work for you.

Good luck!
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like your skin is dehydrated through use of acids......it happened to me after months of every night retin a usage.
The good news is it can improve.
First thing.....do nothing for at least a month. I rinse my face with water then apply jojoba oil when still wet...to trap moisture in.
I have found drybrushing to be effective in thickening skin......every other night only lightly at first for maybe a minute under each eye......slowly but surely your skin will thicken with the day off inbetween allowing for moisture to increase again. Remember to also drink plenty of water.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
I use only 0.025% retin-a for under my eyes, and it works well for me. My fine lines are very very faint.

How long does it works? And where did you buy Retin A?
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Obagi Elastiderm eye cream and find it really effective for diminishing fine lines and reducing dark circles. The only downside is you can't use it with vitamin C products. But it's doing what it claims on the jar, i.e. improving skin elasticity so I'm sticking with this product.

Dee
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Dee28 wrote:
I've been using the Obagi Elastiderm eye cream and find it really effective for diminishing fine lines and reducing dark circles. The only downside is you can't use it with vitamin C products. But it's doing what it claims on the jar, i.e. improving skin elasticity so I'm sticking with this product.

Dee

Dee, do you still use that cream for elasticity on your face? I am so sorry, but I cannot remember the name of it, Elastica or something like that?
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Dee, do you still use that cream for elasticity on your face? I am so sorry, but I cannot remember the name of it, Elastica or something like that?

No, unfortunately I can't get it for a decent price anywhere. On one site it's about $100 and another site the shipping costs to my country are outrageous.

Last time I was lucky enough to find it for a decent amount on ebay with reasonable shipping costs.

Dee
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Dee28 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

No, unfortunately I can't get it for a decent price anywhere. On one site it's about $100 and another site the shipping costs to my country are outrageous.

Last time I was lucky enough to find it for a decent amount on ebay with reasonable shipping costs.

Dee

Thanks, Dee. So, if you could get it for a good price, you would repurchase? I am always on the lookout for elasticity products!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Dee28 wrote:

Dee

I tried Cellex-C, they have a Vit C gel for eyes but it did not work.
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Thanks, Dee. So, if you could get it for a good price, you would repurchase? I am always on the lookout for elasticity products!

I may do, but to be honset the Elastiderm is working just as well if not better....only a shame it doesn't come in a bigger jar so I could use it for the whole face!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Dee28 wrote:

I may do, but to be honset the Elastiderm is working just as well if not better....only a shame it doesn't come in a bigger jar so I could use it for the whole face!

Thanks, Dee. That is what I wanted to know. I have always wondered why Obagi didn't come out with an Elastiderm product for the entire face, but if it works in the eye area, it would work on the face, as well!
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
azumma wrote:
Yes, hotdocgirl, I agree..I should get a botox around my eyes. Maybe that solve my wrinkles under my eyes. My skin got so thin. But what is the cost for botox and how long it will last? Everything is about the money Embarassed Confused Cool

hotdocgirl wrote:

Good luck!

Hey..botox where I live I get for 11 dollars a unit...and it lasts me three to four months...and the more you get it done the longer it seems to last. you'd most likely use around 8 to ten units around your eyes.
I also look over what they do...some try to push more units to make more money... I always step in and make sure they're not overdoing it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |