Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Organic and sensitive
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
christer12
5% products discount

Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I need some suggestions of products I can try. I have Extremely sensitive skin, it quickly becomes red and inflamed. Don't like chemicals, so I try to keep myself as much as possible away from it. I think it is not good for my skin.

Do you have any suggestions?
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:34 am      Reply with quote
The sad truth is most products from "natural" brands aren't good for sensitive skin. They usually contain essential oils, many of which cause damage to skin. They also usually forego an effective and proven preservative system and that can lead to bacteria, mould, fungi and other nasties growing in the products.

The only "natural" brand I've come across that leave the essential oils and other unnecessary common irritants out is Sophyto Organics.

BTW, everything, even water, is a chemical. Many "natural" brands state that X ingredient comes from Y plant-source. The reality is the processing that the ingredient generally has to go through before it can be used in your skin care product usually changes it's composition entirely. So, it may not sound like a "scary chemical" but it is!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:51 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Josh. I have tried many times to go all natural and it just makes my skin more sensitive. Both non-natural and natural have good and bad ingredients IMO and whether or not an ingredient is 'bad' can depend entirely on how your skin reacts to it.

The only natural products I've had luck with are from Garden of Wisdom. I use a variety of brands and GOW is the only natural one. Most of their products have limited ingredients, which I like. I still cant use anything with EO's though and natural cleansers seem to irritate my skin.
christer12
5% products discount

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I only like natural chemicals, It's many chemicals that are carcinogenic. If you really gets down in the ingredient list, can you get shocked. Chemicals damage your skin, research has shown that our generation of elderly skin faster. There is much we consumers can not know. Physicians are experiencing increasing numbers of skin damage.
I really want to take care of my skin, and really puts me down to see the product. You should be a little critical of what's you adds the body.

Thanks for any suggestions I can get! Smile

I use a tool over chemicals when I see what to buy.

Sorry my English is very bad. I'm from Norway! Rolling Eyes
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi christer12

The essential oils and plant/fruit extracts usually used in natural skincare *can* be potential skin irritants.

And with sensitive skin, it is very individual. I use and like some of GoW stuff, but there are certainly some of their products that have given me reactions (redness/inflammation/itch). And yet those same products are highly raved by others. Also vice versa, I can use stuff that have given others nasty reactions. Methinks it is a tad bit difficult to make a recommendation for sensitive skins in general. You would have to go explore with your own skin.

Perhaps you can take a look at GoW and their forum. (Seconding GirlieGirl's suggestion.) They have a wide range of products, and the CS is fantastic.
www.gardenofwisdom.com

And your English is perfectly fine. Very Happy

Welcome to EDS!
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Circus or girliegirl,
Have either of you ried the CP's or retinol products? I know they're not "organic" but I have somewhat sensitive skin and I'm 50.
I'm leaning toward CP's because I have dry skin but I was wondering what other sensitive skin people have used.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Christer,

The Osea Advanced Protection cream is pretty natural and has no fragrance. I would recommend you try the sample pack first to see if your skin likes it.

It so true that a lot of "natural" brands overload their product with essential oils. The worse skin rash I have ever gotten was from Wild Sage Botanicals.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Yes one of the few products that turned my face bright tomato red was from the natural brand neal's yard.
Just reading joshs comment about natural products allowing bacteria etc to breed is quite a worry, I was thinking of trying derma e's olive expressions night cream as I liked a lot of the ingredients but am thinking twice now!
lucretia_zen
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi christer12, alot of what the others had to say who have posted on this thread is all very good advise and as circus said, you really have to explore with your own skin.

My skin can be quite reactive and can also become very sensitive at times. I have personally found the Jurlique cleansing creams to be quite soothing for my skin. The Replenishing Cleansing Lotion (if you have dry skin) or the Balancing Cleansing Lotion (hydrating) have both worked nicely for my skin in the past. I also found when my skin was being very fussy, that the Jurlique Clarifying Day Care Lotion was just a lovely soothing balm for my skin. Just suggestions for you.

It's very hard when you have skin that reacts so much, because trying new products can really cause more of a problem for you. I feel for you and certainly hope that you can find some products that work for you.
All the best. Smile

Female, 37, brunette, Fair/medium Skin. European background. Combination skin, that becomes sensitive & reactive when emotionaly & physically stressed & also reacts terribly to heat and wind. Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to send you flowers. Smile
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
kmaya wrote:
Circus or girliegirl,
Have either of you ried the CP's or retinol products? I know they're not "organic" but I have somewhat sensitive skin and I'm 50.
I'm leaning toward CP's because I have dry skin but I was wondering what other sensitive skin people have used.

Hi kmaya

To be honest I'm not a 100% natural/organic skincare user, there are just some stuff that irritates my skin. I prefer to think I use what my skin will accept. Smile

I do use retinol products. I have used and liked the Avene Eluage Cream (with retinaldehyde). This will be suitable for dry skins. I consider myself normal to slightly oily and have been able to go as high as the retin-a 0.05 cream with conditions.

I don't use CPs. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |