Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Avon Platinum products for 60+
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:07 am      Reply with quote
I can't believe that I - Valmont/Zo Skin Health/PSF?Janson-Beckett/Carita lover - am now asking about this. I am definitely a product of marketing and advertising and my neighbour has been recommending this new line. Any 60 years old members that have had feedback?
BTW ..... I really am not an Avon at all Neutral As Jim Carrey said "Somebody stop me..."

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Still no complaints after a week. I have the serum & night moisturizer - they aren't heavy so that means no oily skin in the morning. As far as tightening - maybe...
It will be interesting to try the daytime products in the line. I don't like shiny or matte looks and, with these two items, during the night, my face seems to be just right.
Again, I'm not an Avon lover in the least. My kind next door neighbour/Avon lady gives me samples which I always pass along all time ( trying to convert me Neutral ). These ones seem okay - for now?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I saw those items in the new brochure. I am doing Obagi now, so didn't think about purchasing them but am interested to see what others think of them. Avon seems to get high reviews and their prices are certainly reasonable. Good luck with them.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
It is almost embarrassing to admit but I used the original Anew when it first came out and it was fantastic! I guess that was for me from early 40's to around 49. I then moved and never found another Avon rep. so just gave it up without much thought. I think back and it really made my skin look great! Smile I wonder about the age specific lines they now have, I am at 56?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:07 am      Reply with quote
I saw now you can buy Avon online without a rep and they will mail you the products!

they even have free shipping sometimes.

I do not buy avon now but used to like the nail polishes and one of the lipgloss.
the foot line was also nice.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Many of Avon's skin care lines get great reviews....

I wouldn't worry about the "name" - so many high priced items do not hold a candle to some mid priced, well formulated products (think Garden of Wisdom, Juice Beauty or Skin Actives).

If it works for you great. If you are still unsure, look closely at the ingredient list. What actives are included and what will they do for you? That helps me make my decision, not the name.

I hope that helps,

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:28 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Many of Avon's skin care lines get great reviews....

I wouldn't worry about the "name" - so many high priced items do not hold a candle to some mid priced, well formulated products (think Garden of Wisdom, Juice Beauty or Skin Actives).

If it works for you great. If you are still unsure, look closely at the ingredient list. What actives are included and what will they do for you? That helps me make my decision, not the name.

I hope that helps,

I agree erg, I just sort of forgot about the Anew in the hustle and bustle of a 1300 mile move with 3 of 4 kids and 2 dogs.
I just never really looked into the newer formulas after that. I don't think for one second a name or price proves a thing! Think Cream De La Mer MINERAL OIL please the cheapest oil you can buy! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
that is so right, DM. Smile
Once I heard about the ingredients in Cream De La Mer... it made me start thinking different. So much of the price we pay for is the name.

I read every ingredient label before I buy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Not sure about Avon platinum, but I love their anew line. As someone else pointed out, its not about the name, its about the results. And if you can get great results for little money - better still!

I wouldnt hesitate to try out other avon lines if I was looking for something new..

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I find the best prices on the Avon products I like, to be on ebay.
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I use some of their products and years ago sold Avon. I like lots of their things but I was kind of disappointed when I tried the ANEW CLINICAL Derma-Full X3 Facial Filling Serum. Guess I expected miracles.

I love a lipstick they have in a color called Twig and will never be without it. I order most of my stuff online from them or from Ebay, depends on the sale etc. Their eyeliner caller Glimmerstick is really awesome but any mascara I've tried has been disappointing but I have not tried their newest, to be fair. Anyway, no one should feel ashamed to use Avon or any other product that they like. It's not about cost, it's about what works for each of us and we are all different.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I work with an Avon lady and recently bought some Mark makeup from her so she included several catalogs. First off, why is Avon selling shoes, jewelry and bras???

I saw different types of anti-aging products but I have no idea what's in them and I never believe marketing hype. I want facts!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I work with an Avon lady and recently bought some Mark makeup from her so she included several catalogs. First off, why is Avon selling shoes, jewelry and bras???

I saw different types of anti-aging products but I have no idea what's in them and I never believe marketing hype. I want facts!

SoftSkin,

They have had the jewelery for ages, I think it was mid 90's they added bras, not sure about the shoes! Smile I guess they want to be a one stop shop?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
bordnfl2,

I agree, I was joking about being embarrassed, I honestly don't care if it's from a catalog, drugstore, dept. store, etailer ect. if a product works for me I will use it! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:

Crossposting, You might find the info on the link interesting. Smile

Well I can't say I am new to AHA's as I used the original Avon Anew the minute it was released (mid 30's to around 50) but did take a break for the last few years. This is every bit as good for my skin! Loving it!

http://www.avontrailblazers.com/avon_labs_builds_on_a_century_of.htm

In 1992 Avon became the first beauty company to bring technology that uses alpha hydroxy acids in cosmetics to the mass market, said Amy Chasen, an analyst with Goldman Sachs who follows the household and personal-care product industries.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:35 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion - Are there a lot of chemicals in the products you're using?

A few years ago I was given several samples of the Avon Anew - it was a daytime face cream, very lightly tinted. I used it and really liked it but when I decided to buy it on impulse at a mall kiosk, they had changed the name of the product and/or the formula or the salesgirl didn't have it in stock and she had no samples of the creams she was selling. Then I forgot about it. I think I looked into it sometime later and was concerned about the numerous chemicals even though the actives were good. I'd really like to know if you continue to be pleased with your results. Surely Avon can create products just as good as any other company - I think we all know how some companies can over-charge us for ingredients that are available to all manufacturers. Do update your comments here.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
There are definitely a lot of chemicals in both the serum & the cream. If you go towww.avon.com there is a wealth of information on it as well as a commercial. It drives me a bit crazy that companies have their own patented "name" of a list of whatever they choose to tag as the miracle in a product. I would prefer just the facts but marketing is what it is....
I am still liking the combination of the serum & cream but not seeing any difference in tightening or wrinkles or anything like that. I still like the light texture - even combined they aren't heavy. I do think that someone looking for deeper moisturizing would need to add that to the mix. Even at my age, I break out if something is too thick or clogs my pores. I haven't had anything to that effect with the Platinum line. This may not be my holy grail but I'm not minding it at all.
I'm headed to Florida for a week and this is the only skin care (other than sunscreen & cleanser) that I'm bringing so this will be a good test.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
bordnfl2,

I agree, I was joking about being embarrassed, I honestly don't care if it's from a catalog, drugstore, dept. store, etailer ect. if a product works for me I will use it! Bad Grin

Darkmoon, I knew what you meant Smile so no problem. I post here and on another board and I suspect some people really are afraid to mention certain products since so many others often talk about high-end stuff. Personally, I mostly use Retin A and DIY C Serum these days with a few other things thrown into the mix.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
bordnfl2 wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
bordnfl2,

Darkmoon, I knew what you meant Smile so no problem. I post here and on another board and I suspect some people really are afraid to mention certain products since so many others often talk about high-end stuff. Personally, I mostly use Retin A and DIY C Serum these days with a few other things thrown into the mix.

LOL, bordnfl2 No problem at all, I use the same mostly DIY and a few goodies thrown in with the mix, oils also!
I know there is much talk about the high end brands, yet many switch from one to the next. Not sure if it's boredom or not finding what works? Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I switch around a bit myself. I guess it will stop when I find a miracle, Darkmoon.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
bordnfl2 wrote:
I switch around a bit myself. I guess it will stop when I find a miracle, Darkmoon.

Very true about myself, I suppose that's why we are all here, a bit of product junkie in everybody on EDS! Smile

Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the 50+ line of Anew products since June and I have to say I'm disappointed. I have very dry skin...it's nothing for me to wear 2 or 3 moisturizers layered on top of each other. Anyway, I had been using the Kinerase super duper line (can't recall the name) and was getting decent results from that. Since I've stopped the Kinerase, I'm noticing the crow's feet and laugh lines on the upper parts of my cheeks are back. I would love to know what those of you in your mid 50's are using...not a DIY kinda person so I don't think I would be up to mixing and matching some of the products I see mentioned here. I don't mind spending the money, but I'd like to see results. Again, I'm not sure how to gauge those results anyway...any ideas on that?
LatteQueen
5% products discount

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:

and Y is Spiegel and Newport News catalog selling cosmetics? HHHMMMMMM just saying....just saying...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:38 am      Reply with quote
pearl57emma wrote:
I would love to know what those of you in your mid 50's are using...not a DIY kinda person so I don't think I would be up to mixing and matching some of the products I see mentioned here. I don't mind spending the money, but I'd like to see results. Again, I'm not sure how to gauge those results anyway...any ideas on that?

You might look into YNS A Serum for around your eyes. Keep in mind it's a serum, so you'd probably still want to use some kind of moisturizer on top, just depends on how dry your skin is, the weather, etc.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |