Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone had success with CPs on the body?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I recently embarked on a diet plan to lose 70 lbs, of which I've lost 15 already in the last 2 months. Very Happy I'm very concerned about skin laxity, I don't want to end up thin and saggy after all this effort! I'm very distressed about this possibility. Crying or Very sad It's already too late to fix the stretch marks, but is there anything I can do to prevent my skin from not shrinking with me?

I've been researching growth factors and copper peptides and CPs sound more affordable. However, most of the info I've found here relates to facial laxity and wrinkling, and I was wondering if anyone has experience with CP body products? Would this work at all or should I save my money for Thermage? If this is the way to go, which product is best for the job, or should I wait until after I lose the weight to start on skin remodelling? Please, please help! Pray Pray

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
CPs might be able to help stave off some laxity from your weight loss, but you have a generous amount to lose, and it might all depend on how much elasticity you have left in your skin on how your skin rebounds back to normal.

I've read some people say that they've had luck w/ the CPs and weight loss - and I think it would be a good product to try during your diet. If anything - the CPs will get rid of sun damaged areas nicely.

I just started using the Body Lotion (and Suntanning one) on a regular basis this year and after 6 month, can see some good things happening. I saw results earlier, but the results are progressing better now that I've used them longer. I had some wrinley looking knees and dry looking shins and the CPs have gotten rid of most of those wrinkles on the knees - making them look smoother and have made the shins a lot younger looking too. I also had a funny looking pore (that was just a large one) that has gotten smaller and seems to be disappearing.

CPs are not a fast fix, but over time - they do a nice job at making your skin healthier looking. They can help rebuild them - esp damaged skin and would be good to try during your weight loss.

The Body Lotion is a great price in a combo pack w/ the Suntanning Lotion ($50 for both instead of $70). I always buy the combo now. The Suntanning lotion is basically the Body Lotion with a little bit of Titanium Dioxide in it for sun protection. It also has anti-oxidants in it for natural sun protection as well. I use the Suntan Lotion for my everyday sunscreen and it works quite well.

Good luck on your weight loss.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
If you already have stretch marks, you could try using the CPs on those w/ a dermaroller or single needle. You'd have to treat the stretch marks like scars and use the strongest CP - SC2X - along w/ either the needles or some form of exfoliation to break down the 'scar' tissue (stretch marks). You can also use some exfoliators along w/ the CPs on the rest of your skin to help that along too. I haven't been doing that and have seen good things happening, but I also haven't had a weight loss like you're going to go thru. Adding an exfoliator might speed up the process for you. Skin Bio sells some gentle ones that can be used daily, but there are lots others to choose from.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Have a look at the skin biology website and their forum. There are comments from other people who've used cp's for body skin and because the forum is dedicated to cp users, you're more likely to get responses from people who have used them.I've been using them for about a month on my face but not on my body so can't really comment.

All I can say is that the neck/chin area are definitely firming up. I've had 3 people this week ask if I'm losing weight and all 3 said it was because my neck/chin area looked slimmer. This can only be because of skin firming, as I haven't lost any weight.
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Don't waste your money on Thermage. Unfortunately, I think a tummy tuck is the only answer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies for all your help and advise. I actually emailed the SkinBiology people today and they said the same thing, that nothing will likely work in the event of drastic weight shrinkage Sad Sad

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:26 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Thanks ladies for all your help and advise. I actually emailed the SkinBiology people today and they said the same thing, that nothing will likely work in the event of drastic weight shrinkage Sad Sad

I will say it depends on your skin, I got huge with all 4 babies, at 6 months I looked like I was over due with twins! I also gained everywhere! I had mine at 27,30,31&35 so close to the age you are at. I lost all the massive baby fat and no issues with saggy stretched out skin! I just thought you should have some hope that losing weight doesn't always equal problems with your skin! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the comforting words, DM. But you were probably only fat for 9 months at a time so your skin still had memory of being tight. For my, my skin's been stretched out all my life, I really don't know how it's gonna react to a smaller frame Doubt Doubt That is, if and when that happens...! Embarassed

tarapaca
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I don't have personal experience but I used to work with a woman who lost 90 pounds and had great success with a combination of skinbio products and pilates. A year after losing the weight she was able to look good in a bikini. She started the skinbio after losing about half the weight, and said that she wished she'd learned about it earlier.

Her regime was quite aggressive, she worked up to using both trireduction and exfol twice a day. She also did a peel on her belly every week. I think she also did massage for lymph drainage on a regular basis. It wasn't fast but her skin looked amazing, you really couldn't tell that she'd ever been over 200 pounds. She was in her mid 30s and had a child, so age wasn't on her side either.

So I say give it a go, but be patient. Even if the end results aren't perfect, I believe your skin will look much better than if you don't use skinbio.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:40 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Thanks for the comforting words, DM. But you were probably only fat for 9 months at a time so your skin still had memory of being tight. For my, my skin's been stretched out all my life, I really don't know how it's gonna react to a smaller frame Doubt Doubt That is, if and when that happens...! Embarassed

I know what you are saying but I had 4 plus a miscarriage in 8 years! And 2 were only 15 months apart so I hadn't lost all that weight that fast! Anyway that's 39 1/2 months of just being pregnant! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:47 am      Reply with quote
tarapaca wrote:
I don't have personal experience but I used to work with a woman who lost 90 pounds and had great success with a combination of skinbio products and pilates. A year after losing the weight she was able to look good in a bikini. She started the skinbio after losing about half the weight, and said that she wished she'd learned about it earlier.

Her regime was quite aggressive, she worked up to using both trireduction and exfol twice a day. She also did a peel on her belly every week. I think she also did massage for lymph drainage on a regular basis. It wasn't fast but her skin looked amazing, you really couldn't tell that she'd ever been over 200 pounds. She was in her mid 30s and had a child, so age wasn't on her side either.

So I say give it a go, but be patient. Even if the end results aren't perfect, I believe your skin will look much better than if you don't use skinbio.

Wow that sounds so inspiring! Thanks so much! Do you know which products she started off with before working up to trireduction? I'm not sure what the uglies would look like on the whole body! Thanks again!

DM, I can't imagine what being a mother is like, it's such a noble endeavor, with all the sacrifices one has to make! Right now, I'm still working on me Embarassed

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:59 am      Reply with quote
It's a huge life change, you live for your kids and put your needs and wants on the back burner. I always knew I wanted a big family, you mentally prepare for it but truth be told you never really know what you are in for until you are thrown into the fray! LOL

I remember my first outing with the oldest and it took me about 3-4 hours to get it all together to get out of the door! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I'm not sure which skinbio product she started with.

I don't think you'd get the uglies on your body! That skin is not as delicate as your under eye area which seems to be the place that most people have problems. I think the main thing is to start slowly and be consistent. Lots of exfoliation seems to be key. my former co-worked used loofahs and microfiber cloths on a regular basis. Dry skin brushing might be a good idea too - I think there's a thread about that somewhere on here.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
tarpaca - that's some pretty good news to report on about your friend. And you're right that fat_swan's skin would be in better condition using the CPs than it would be without. They're not all that expensive - so it's worth a try.

FS - I'd recommend starting out w/ a P&R(Protect & Restore) lotion. If you have dry skin, get the one w/ Retinol - otherwise, the Classic is fine. the P&R line has a bit more CP in it than the regular Body Lotion does. But, for the $$, the body lotion is a great deal (esp combined w/ the Suntan Lotion). I know Dr Pickart uses the Trireduction for his body - that's a good strong one and very creamy going on.

And definitely follow tarapaca's advice on using some form of exfoliator. Dry brushing is great - you can get some nice brushes in a Whole Foods store if you have one near you. NCN Skin Care has a good microfiber cloth, and she also sells some CPs (not all of them) and lots of different exfoliators.

Again - good luck on the weight loss (and to your skin bouncing back nice and tight!) We all like to avoid going under the knife.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |