Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Environ: New device next year! (thumbs down for Ultrasound)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi - I have been corresponding with Dr Fernandes of Environ; it started by me asking him:

- if copper and Environ Vit C collide (he says no, but didn't think copper was useful anyway)

- providing us with travel sizes

- and then I asked him about ultrasound. This was his reply:

Quote:
I can't speak about your device but just about ultrasound in general. Ultrasound is usually in the region of 1 to 2 or even 3 MHz and has been disappointing in enhancing penetration. In practice it enhances by a factor of 2 which you could achieve by applying the product to the skin and then covering with saran (kitchen) plastic wrap and waiting 20 minutes. That's not impressive. Watch the Environ web page about an effective device next year. We never release anything without thorough research.

[snipped out stuff about travel sizes]

Kind regards
Des Fernandes

So... I wonder if it's a baby version of what they use for their salon treatments?

KL
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased some more Environ products today. I am disappointed to hear what he has to say about the ultrasound since I just purchased a device a couple of months ago. I still think it has benefits though, even if product penetration is not one of them. I know the doctor does recommend using a derma roller with small needles for product penetration. I also purchased his cosmetic focus CIT which also creates channels in the skin for product penetration. I was surprised to find out that it is a stamp and not a roller. I think I will like trying out this type of needling device.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Well, I can remember when he was recommending the use of Ultrasound, especially in combination with Dermarolling. I'm pretty sure the information is in one of the articles on Dermarolling by Dr. Fernandes that Bethany compiled - it's on the sticky thread containing Dermarolling articles and clinical studies.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Well, I can remember when he was recommending the use of Ultrasound, especially in combination with Dermarolling. I'm pretty sure the information is in one of the articles on Dermarolling by Dr. Fernandes that Bethany compiled - it's on the sticky thread containing Dermarolling articles and clinical studies.

I don't think so, Keliu. I don't remember Fernandes recommending ultrasound. Are you sure you aren't thinking of Huber/302? He was for dermarolling and ultrasound.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:33 am      Reply with quote
No, it was Fernandes - here it is, I've found it. However, he uses the terms iontophoresis and sonophoresis - but this is ultrasound, isn't it?

From day 3 or 4 onward, iontophoresis [10]
and low-frequency sonophoresis of vitamin A and C could maximize the induction of healthy collagen. Iontophoresis also tends to reduce the swelling of the skin, which also helps the patient look better sooner. Low-frequency sonophoresis can be used alone without
iontophoresis to enhance penetration of palmitoyl pentapeptide or other peptides (eg, palmitoyl hexapeptide, copper peptides, and so forth), which also may increase the creation of healthy collagen and elastin.

http://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/Clinics_of_N_Am_2005.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:03 am      Reply with quote
See here also:

08/26/2004. CLINICAL RESULTS - Environ® Topical Skin Care
Dr Des - Environ

The treatments offered by Environ® are in all probability the most effective skin care treatments available in the world today.

Iontophoresis has been combined with the power of sonophoresis to give maximum penetration of the essential vitamins and growth factors that are essential for the restoration of firm, smooth and beautiful skin.

Dr Des Fernandes has concentrated on producing the most scientifically targeted products for use with the Environ DF Ionzyme Device and as a result Environ® can offer effective skin care for people with:

http://www.dermogenesis.com/clinical/clin_art.php?aid=55

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
No, it was Fernandes - here it is, I've found it. However, he uses the terms iontophoresis and sonophoresis - but this is ultrasound, isn't it?

I honestly don't know if they are the same thing or not!

I found 3 separate articles on Wiki (sorry to those who do not like this source for info).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonophoresis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrasound

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iontophoresis
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Not sure if you mean Copper or Copper Peptides, but Copper Peptides have been featured in many studies that have shown they do have rejuvenation capabilities and it used to be suggested not to use Vit C with CPs as they cancelled each other out, but I understand from SkinBio that they have said that they get lots of clients doing both and having good results. Just wanted to double check thats what you mean?
karenlee wrote:
- if copper and Environ Vit C collide (he says no, but didn't think copper was useful anyway)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:18 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I honestly don't know if they are the same thing or not!

I found 3 separate articles on Wiki (sorry to those who do not like this source for info).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonophoresis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrasound

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iontophoresis

I believe they are all related. This is from the wiki link you posted above on sonophoresis:

Sonophoresis occurs because ultrasound waves stimulate micro-vibrations within the skin epidermis and increase the overall kinetic energy of molecules making up topical agents. It is widely used in hospitals to deliver drugs through the skin.

So the sonophoresis or ultrasound waves help topicals penetrate the skin.

I remember all of this quite clearly because it was Dr. Fernandes' recommendations on ultrasound that made me purchase my Belaire model.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I will be anxious to learn more about this device they will be offering, when available.

Thanks for letting us know.

I may be crazy, but that organization seems less "hawkster-ish" than most.

Smile BF
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |