Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Vaculifter - unusual question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
PIVOT

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I've been reading the forums for the last few days and being almost brand new to skincare have never heard of most of the tools mentioned.

I am interested in knowing how the vaculifter functions because I have a small handheld foodsaver (called a freshsaver on their website) used for taking air out of ziplock type bags and after reading about the vaculifter I stuck the freshsaver on my neck and pushed the button and it did suction the skin away from my neck.

Is that the goal with the vaculifter? Do you just put it on various parts of your body and have it suction the skin?

What benefits is it supposed to have?

Thanks.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Pivot, please don't do that again until you hear from an expert user OK. I sure hope you didn't get a big red mark on your neck when you tried this. I just don't want you to end up getting some heavy duty bruises.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Pivot, please don't do that again until you hear from an expert user OK. I sure hope you didn't get a big red mark on your neck when you tried this. I just don't want you to end up getting some heavy duty bruises.

I have to agree, that concerns me using a product that's not made for use on your neck or any part of your body for that matter could cause problems. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
PIVOT, I don't know about the device you used, but the vaculifter is pretty basic. A squeeze bulb and a suction cup. There are variables controlled by the user -- how accurately you position it (tight seal or not?) and how hard you can squeeze.

The objective, as I recall, is to improve circulation.

I thought it was overpriced for a glorified turkey baster, and I don't use mine much because I have a hard time getting a good seal.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
You sound pretty resourceful to me. lol If the freshsaver doesn't suck your face off...it may just work as well.

I just bought the vaculifter. I did, because I kept reading such great reviews on it..and the entire cupping process.

It is pricey at $78 dollars when you cupping cups cost $25. But the vaculifter design is easy to use.

I look at it this way... If it works..it is better than spending the usual 1500 dollars a year on laser treatments to rejuvenate my skin.

I'm into my thrid day of using it...I like how it works..but won't comment on if it tightens my skin until I use if for a while.
PIVOT

Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the replies.

It didn't do any damage. You press a button so you can control the amount of suction and then after a few seconds the suction goes away. But I don't think you could move it around (haven't tried it with oil).

But it pulls the skin away so I'm not sure how it would result in tightening.

Thanks.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:59 am      Reply with quote
PIVOT wrote:
Thanks for all the replies.

It didn't do any damage. You press a button so you can control the amount of suction and then after a few seconds the suction goes away. But I don't think you could move it around (haven't tried it with oil).

But it pulls the skin away so I'm not sure how it would result in tightening.

The Vaculifter is used for massaging the skin - the sucking and massaging brings blood to the surface of the skin, you can watch a video here:

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/the-vaculifter-skin-and-facial-massage-therapy-tightens-and-tones-your-skin-naturally.html

Please do not use the foodsaver device on your face (or anywhere else) - you'd be better off with the vacuum cleaner - but don't try that either!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |